Chapter 46

A/n: Double update today because we are at the end of volume 1! 

[Warning: The next two chapters are going to be depressing so keep a box of tissues by your side just in case (: ]

.

.

.

A few days later, a response letter came from Gim.
This time, the letter was much more straightforward and demanded Yoongi to return Taehyung back to his original country.

Yoongi laughed and didn't even bother showing the letter to Taehyung. He directly crunched it up in a ball and sent it back to Gim in that state.

For the rest of the month, it was quite silent. Yoongi guessed that they had given up but how was he to know that this was just the calm before the storm?

Yoongi announced the royal wedding and at the same time, in the neighboring country, the king handed over his throne to the crown prince Hanyu.

Taehyung was quite delighted with this news and decided to directly go to Gim and invite his brother for the royal marriage, however his expectations were shattered when he saw that the country was still running according to the queen.

His brother was nothing more than a figurehead who quietly listened to the decisions of his mother.

Hanyu was happy for Taehyung and even blessed the man. Saying words like, "May you two live the rest of your lives together in happiness."

Taehyung smiled and got ready to go back to Mingyu, however, his path was obstructed by the Queen's men. He was forcefully taken to the Queen's manor where he met his mother after a really long time.

At first, the two were silent and awkward. Their relationship with each other was never the loving kind. Being related by blood meant nothing more than just that. Although their blood connected them, there was no love shared in between and hence it was only natural that the two didn't know what to say to the other.

Eventually, his mother caved into the awkward atmosphere first and ordered him to stay in Gim.
At first, Taehyung politely refused, however, the Queen was not happy with this refusal.

"I've never stopped you when you wanted to do something useless. You showed me how unworthy you are of becoming a prince and I never said anything! You disgraced me and my royal family name but I never reprimanded you for it. Throughout your entire life, you showed me how useless and incompetent you were but I never threw you away. I gave you food and shelter. You were treated as the prince that you were born to be! Tell me, did I ever treat you as anything lesser than your title?" The woman sneered, "No matter what you did, I held it all in and said nothing. I thought you'd have a sense of gratefulness but you...! You keep being a useless coward!"

Taehyung was silent with his head bowed down and his hands clutching tightly onto his knees.

"Till the end, I had faith in you. Faith that you'll be a filial son who would do the duties that you were born to do. For this country and for your own future, I'm asking you to stay in the country that you were born in! Forget about that wretched place and that senile crown prince! Stay here and watch it burn!"

"So what...?" Taehyung lifted his head. The tears trailing down his face were hard not to notice, "Do you think I wanted to be born as your useless son?" 

"..." 

"Why does everyone keep telling me what to do?! Why me?! Why?!" He cried out in anger and frustration, the tears never stopping trailing down his cheeks.