chapter 5

"I regret this. I want to go back." Taehyung whined almost immediately as he saw the area filled with martial artists sparring with each other.

"You promised me you wouldn't regret this," Yoongi responded as he blocked the exit from Taehyung.

"Do you really want to kill me?" Taehyung sighed.

"The opposite. I want to make you stronger so that you can protect yourself."

"Your highness is really benevolent but I'm afraid it's a pity your thoughts are wasted on me," Taehyung spoke confidently not realizing how his words could be misinterpreted. 

By saying 'your thoughts are wasted on me', wasn't he indirectly saying that the crown prince had nothing better to do and was completely infatuated with the thoughts of this man. Having thought this, Yoongi couldn't help but feel his insides stirring up and his palms sweating as if an embarrassing secret had been revealed but thankfully his face was covered with the veil, or else Taehyung would have noticed the light blush that crept up on his cheeks. It was really a pity.

Yoongi awkwardly coughed, "It's really a waste. That's why I'm doing this; so that I don't have to worry about you dying on me."

"Aww~ is the crown prince worried about this hostage?" Taehyung chimed, having found a new enjoyment in teasing the crown prince.

"Who's worried? If you die, your mother would certainly take revenge on me. I want to avoid a war at all costs."

"You don't need to worry about the war. I believe in you, your highness. I may be considered a traitor for this but I hope you'll win. In fact, I know you'll win." Taehyung smiled, it was the same vibrant smile that he always showed, the smile that could warm even the heart of the ice-cold prince.

Maybe Yoongi could feel its sincerity, "Why would you be considered a traitor? I gave you the status of our prince, this is your country now. And I don't need your prayers, I know I'll win without them."

Taehyung just smiled in response, his eyes suddenly glistening with a sense of both, sadness and intimacy.

"Now go and practice. You don't even know how to pick up a sword much less, wield it."

"Your Highness is too kind. This incapable one is too daring and arrogant to decline your kindness." Taehyung spoke in a low-key sarcastic manner.

"And this benevolent one is too arrogant to take no for an answer." Yoongi glared back at the grinning man, "Take the wooden sword and go practice right this instant."

"Your Highness please have mercy-"

"Very well." Yoongi abruptly cut him off, "I'll have your trainer come here personally to drag you to the practice ground." 

Not having to speak further, a man who had been sparring on the practice ground just a few moments ago had already come over and greeted the two princes' and Taehyung didn't even get a chance to refute before he was half pulled - half dragged by the young man towards the dust-filled training ground.

With the glaring sun ablaze on top, he stood on the solid hot ground and could feel his vision blurring as he suddenly wanted to faint from the mere exhaustion of having to stand in this scorching heat.
Beads of sweat formed across his forehead as if he had been here continuously practicing with the others for hours. The man threw a wooden sword towards taehyung which he caught with ease, Yoongi looked at the scene and he immediately wanted to rub his eyes, it was as if in the next moment the man would smile at Taehyung and say the words, "I enjoyed our practice session today, it's too late now, young master should go and rest." But this sentence could never be heard because the truth was that it had not even been a whole minute since Taehyung was standing there. Not even a minute in and his legs had already started to shake from exhaustion and fear, his clothes completely drenched in sweat and his eyes tired and unfocused. The man infront of him didn't seem to care too much about it and only smiled a little before swinging his own wooden sword to attack Taehyung. "Aaahhhhhhh!!" The sound came from the screaming Taehyung who had somehow managed to dodge the hit and climbed up a nearby pole. Yoongi grabbed his forehead and sighed, he could feel a headache coming.