Chapter 20

Taehyung looked up at the crown prince who had suddenly appeared out of the blue. He was still not ready to face the man so the shock led him to stumble back and fall into the pond. 

Shao Lan was scared into a standstill by the appearance of the crown prince, so much so that he didn't even realize that Taehyung had fallen into the pond. 

The man had just recovered from a cold and it seemed like he was gonna get sick all over again. Yoongi's eyes went wide as he saw Taehyung falling into the small pond but before he could react, he saw Taehyung standing up instantly and getting out of the pond. 

"I-I'll go change and come back." Taehyung stuttered as he didn't dare meet the eyes of the crown prince. 

The next thing Yoongi knew, the man was already out of his sight as he had run away. Yoongi didn't know if he should cry or laugh as he saw this. 

He wondered: Had he done something wrong? 

He thought back to what he had done or said and he really could not think about anything. 

Shao Lan was suddenly stunned to see that his young master had abandoned him. He felt a bit betrayed. How could Taehyung just leave him like that? He was too scared of this crown prince so there was no way he would even be able to breathe in comfortably in the same room as the man but here he was, all alone with a shocked and confused crown prince whom he feared.

"Would you like to repeat what you just said?" Yoongi asked as he looked at Shao Lan. 

Shao Lan couldn't detect if the man was angry at him or not but if there was one thing he knew, it was that the crown prince would never find it pleasant to hear that this hostage of his was going to go back. 

Shao Lan didn't know if he was supposed to seriously repeat what he had said or if he should apologize immediately to the man and in the end, he decided to stay silent and choose not to respond. It was a bit rude of him not to answer a question asked by the crown prince but it didn't look like Yoongi seemed to mind all that. 

Shao Lan didn't respond to the question and instead, he ran away with a single sentence, "I-I should probably go help young master get dressed." 

Yoongi squinted at the man but didn't say anything nor did he stop him from running away.  

It wasn't like he was that familiar with this attendant of Taehyung's and on the contrary, he was wary of him. 

Shao Lan had always tried his best not to raise suspicion on himself and didn't want anyone to dislike him. He was always afraid that the crown prince might turn hostile towards him if he said anything so he was always considerate with what he said and would try his best to avoid all types of interaction with Yoongi. 

Sadly, no matter how much he tried to stay in the clear, he was unaware of the fact that he was already disliked by the crown prince who saw him as nothing more than a mole sent by Taehyung's mother. 

With both Taehyung and Shao Lan running away at their own convenience, Yoongi was left on his own and he wasn't particularly liking it. There were hardly any times when he was alone like this and although it was not his first time that people were avoiding him, he felt like it was the first time that the reason why he was being ignored was different. 

He looked at the damp stone table on which Taehyung was lying at and he moved closer to sit on it. As he sat on the stone table, he looked at the pond on which Taehyung had fallen into and frowned. 

He would probably need someone to get that thing out of here. 

He secretly cursed the architect who planned to put a pond right behind a chair. How dumb did one have to be to do this? Did they never even think about the consequences?!