53. Killing Curse

It was a peaceful day for both Draco and Hermione in the vacant room of Parkinson manor until Davis managed to rennervate Pansy from the Stunning Jinx once she broke away from her Body-Bind Curse. Pansy was furious when she found out her Anti-Muggle Wards has been broken by both Blaise and Theo. Both young wizards decided to obliviate her and Davis's memories of them duelling last night with Hermione. They don't have any intention on letting Pansy strut around the manor just to look for Hermione and set a Killing Curse on her.

Draco Apparated away an hour ago with Theo and Blaise, telling that they got some business in Surrey. It was quite dangerous that he decided to go back to England instead of staying in the manor. Hermione sat at the edge of the bed, her fingers flipped through pages of the book in front of her. Dark Arts and The Impact To Wizarding Community. It was a book that managed to slip into her bag when she was looking at the books about Dark Mark and Death Eaters in Malfoy Manor months ago. Her eyes stopped at the bizarre word in front of her.

Tardius Mori

To die slowly. She recognized the meaning at the first glance. It was a Curse that was totally forgotten among the wizards and witches at the century where the Unforgivable Curses were created. It always felt rather odd to her about the old wizarding centuries. Magic has existed back before all the curses, spells and charms were invented. Even before the 3 infamous Unforgivable Curses were invented, the murders performed by Dark Wizards were already massive. They used Dark Magic and one of the curses that have been created during the old days was Painful Kill Curse.

Tardius Mori- history marked it as the most powerful Unforgivable Curse that has ever existed. It was frequently used during the 15th to 17th centuries, before the famous Imperius, Cruciatus and Killing Curses (Unforgivable Curses). These curses are strictly banned from being used in the Wizarding Community. Wands who have performed the curses will be examined and the individual themselves will also face a trial to justify the reason of their intention.

Tardius Mori, Painful Killing Curse. It was a Latin phrase known as To die slowly. Wizards and witches back then in the 15th century believed that this curse has to be performed with a great feeling of hate towards the victim. Back in the 17th century, Albert Garcia, the most powerful Dark Wizard has performed the curse towards 70 innocent wizards and witches who were recognized as Muggle-born wizards. This happened because- as of what the historians themselves were saying- according to Historian Malinda Brooke, Garcia was a Pureblood wizard who set goals in killing all of the Muggle-born who were exposed to the wizarding world.

There was no other record about Tardius Mori during the recent century as a quicker curse, Killing Curse took over the world. It was also known, the effect of Tardius Mori was severe. No one has ever witnessed a very complex curse that was created by Garcia himself during his reign. It was known as the mixture of Cruciatus and Killing Curse. The meaning of the curse explained everything. Garcia wanted to see the Muggle-born being tortured to death.

Original sources, Mariah Brown.

Hermione flinched as she finished reading about the curse. It was deadly painful and the person who created it was confirmed to be lacked in sense of humanity. She gripped on her wand tightly as she practiced the wand movement of every single new curses she found in the book. It was different from all of the magic she learned in school. It was never the same. Dark Magic has a great impact towards the wizards and witches who performed them. It was also said that Dark Magic absorbed into the body and mind of the wizards, causing their souls to go to darkness. But, none of it was confirmed to be the truth.

Pop!

A noise rang in her ears as two familiar figures appeared in front of her, covered in dust from their heads to toes. Hermione frowned as she put away the book in her grip as her eyes snapped focus at both Theo and Blaise. They both looked like they just got back from causing chaos at other places. Hermione flicked her wand and cleaned all the dusts covering her friends. Blaise gave a thin smile while Theo only glared at her without saying thank you. He didn't even thank her for healing his arm from the curse last night. That annoying Theodore Rich Wanker Nott. An ungrateful Pureblood prat he was.