13. Confused

"Ugh, what a tiring day"

Hermione threw herself to the couch in Harry's and Ginny's place. Ginny smiled and shook her head looking at that best friend of her. She literally came by everyday after work just to talk about Malfoy.

Ginny brought the tray with 2 cups of tea for her and Hermione. Harry was out for few days. You know, Aurors stuffs. Hermione thanked Ginny for the green tea. It made her feel slightly better after a stressful day with Draco at work.

"What's the story, today?"

"It's not really a story. But I'm just confused"

"About what?"

"Sometimes Malfoy's fine with me, he acted like a friend but then he acted like I'm just some other Muggles he hated. I really don't understand that guy. Ugh!"

Hermione took another sip from her green tea. She felt really pressured with Draco's behavior towards her. Sometimes he's fine, sometimes he acted like the cruelest boss by giving her million of paperwork or sometimes he would Apparate into her office just to annoy her.

Ugh, she should ask Narcissa's permission to turn that guy into a ferret.

As Hermione took another sip, she sighed. Without Hermione realizing, Ginny was secretly smiling. The prediction she and Harry made was true all these times since school days. She knew and saw it clearly. But Hermione was just too dumb to realize it despite being the brightest witch of her age.

"Ginevra, are you even listening?"

"Yeah, I'm all ears"

"Ugh"

"Don't you think of any possibilities? I mean, Malfoy must kept something from you that caused him to act like a ferret"

"He always act like a ferret"

Hermione replied, not getting Ginny's joke. Ginny sighed, Hermione could be really dumb sometimes. She took Hermione's hands and looked at her. She must do something to make Hermione see the signs.

"He had something for you, Mione. Maybe he likes you, but he didn't even know about it. That's why he acted differently everyday. Just to confuse you and of course, himself too"

"Ginny, I know you like crazy stuffs. But Malfoy liking me just doesn't make any sense"

"But I thought he called you Hermione?"

"That.."

Ginny smirked at Hermione, teasing her. Hermione rolled her eyes, feeling defeated. Maybe Ginny was right. Maybe Draco liked her. Maybe. Calling her Hermione didn't really change anything. She looked at Ginny.

"What does my name has to do with his feeling?"

"You're an idiot, Hermione! Can't you see? You like him. Everytime you came here, everything was about Malfoy as if he's the only guy alive in the world. You. Like. Him. You. Like. Draco Malfoy. Hermione"

"Stop saying nonsense. I don't like him. All we did was bickering like kids"

Hermione rolled her eyes, feeling annoyed with Ginny's assumption. Seriously, no one in their right mind would have fall for Draco Malfoy. Suddenly, the moment of her and Draco kissing at his balcony came into her mind. Hermione's cheeks instantly went red. Ginny frowned.

"Hey, you're blushing!"

"No, I'm not!"

"Bloody hell! Hermione Granger, you're blushing! What was in your mind? Mind to share with me?"

"No, no, no. I'm not thinking of anything and I'm not blushing. You're just imagining things, Ginny!"

Hermione felt like cursing herself at the very moment. Why did she think of their kiss again and again? But, she can't deny that the kisses they had were the best in her life. And it happened twice! Ugh, you did it again!

"I know you and Malfoy used to have something on 8th year" Ginny smirked.

"Bloody hell, Ginny. I was with Ron, remember?"

"But you and Malfoy ki.."

"Okay, fine! Yeah, we kissed in our common room. Satisfied?"

Hermione sent Ginny a sharp glare. Ginny was already cackling like crazy. She knew Hermione would fall into her trap easily. Just a few more words and Hermione will tell her what she was supposed to know. Hermione rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"I knew that one. Don't have anything with him now? You're single, he's single"

"Hah, as if. Even healers at St Mungo's will call me crazy if I ever fall for him"

"But you like Malfoy right?"

"Ginny, what do you want to know?"

Hermione looked at Ginny right into her eyes. Ginny gulped down her saliva, feeling scared with Hermione's sharp stare. She thought Hermione's going to fall for her trick. Ginny smiled, pleading Hermione to tell her everything.

"Fine, Ginny Potter. I'll let you win this time"

"Okay, tell me what's happening between both of you"

"Don't tell Harry about this or you'll be dead"

"I can't promise you that. Harry's my husband and your best friend"

"Ugh, fine"

Hermione sighed, feeling defeated. She knew she'll end up losing to Ginny if it's related to Draco. All of the secrets in prefect common room, Ginny still kept them sealed till today. Hermione didn't even know why didn't Ginny told Harry or Ron about that. Oh, she was dating Ron.

"Okay. So, Draco and me have no special relationship. Well, if I could say. I don't know what he thinks. We kissed twice this month. One, in his office on my first day of work, second was at the balcony of his room"

"His room?"

"Don't get me wrong. His mother invited me to have dinner which surprised me because she didn't call me Mudblood or do something bad. About his room, it was his mother who asked me to stay for a night with him. Her excuse was because there wasn't any other beds except for Draco's and her room"

"And the kiss?"

Ginny gave a teasing look. Oh no, she really can't get this conversation stop here. Hermione sighed before looking at Ginny. She knew she can't keep anything from this girl.

"Nothing okay? We're just friends"

"Friends don't kiss, Mione"

"You kissed Harry when both of you were still friends"

"That's a different story. We acknowledge each other's feelings"

"Still, you were friends"

"You said you don't like Malfoy, Hermione?"

Hermione gave a defeated look. Ginny always knew how to twist her words back to herself. Suddenly, Hermione could feel her phone vibrated in her bag. She took it out and saw a notification from Draco. She clicked the message.

Draco Malfoy:
My house, right now! My mother is sick and she wants to see you!

Hermione widened her eyes. What happened to Narcissa? She took her handbag and thanked Ginny for the green tea. She walked out from Grimmauld Place Number 12, preparing herself to Apparate.

"Bring me to Draco Malfoy"

*****
Wow!

Narcissa was well few days ago when she met Lucius, why do you think she fell sick? Next chapter will be a total shock for everyone! Also,

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

Last, I know I said this in previous chapters, Happy New Year everyone! I love all of you so much!