Some Mornings Are Different

Enjoy! 

Trigger warning - Death

The end of Y/N's First Year of College  ONE YEAR AGO

"So I was offered an internship at this big design company and they are paying for my new residence in one of their company buildings." Yachi says sadly.

"What the hell? Why are you so sad about that?" I ask surprised as she takes a sip of her coffee. 

"Because that means I have to move out and you have to move out because policy says you can't dorm by yourself! I CAN'T LIVE WITH YOU ANYMORE BECAUSE I'M NOT GOING TO BE IN COLLEGE AND YOU NEED TO FIND A NEW PLACE TO LIVE! IM SO SORRY!!" Yachi whines and I laugh.

"Yachi don't be sorry for moving forward. I'll find out another place to live but you worry about yourself." I smile softly and we give each other a hug.

================================================================================

That was a 2 ago.

Since then Ryu and I have been dorming together because Noya decided to go fish for marlins in Italy with his uncle. It's Ryu's  has 1 more year and I still have 2 years to go.

We woke up 30 minutes ago at 9 in the morning and have just been laying in bed

"I love you." Ryu whispers into the nape of my neck.

"Mmm. What's this for?" I ask before turning around and nuzzling my face into his chest.

"I just - I'm really happy. Even if we need to share a twin sized bed." He smiles and brushes his hand through my hair.

"I love you." I say back and wrap my arm around his torso. "Oh I need to see Gramps today at Keishin-nii's" I remind sadly and he nods. 

"It's only been a year are you gonna be ok?" Ryu asks softly as he looks down at my face.

"I-I don't know. I'm worried about how my brother is doing and I- I'm just... I really miss Gramps." I explain softly and I feel tears fall out of my eyes. For 6 months Gramps lived with Keishin-nii because his health wasn't well. Gramps passed away some time around last year when I first moved in with Ryu and it's been tough. I offered to move back in with Keishin-nii so he wouldn't be alone but he said he wouldn't want to ruin my college experience. 

It was the first morning that Ryu and I spent together when we were officially roommates.

================================================================================

FLASHBACK TO THAT DAY

I let out a hum as Ryu rubs my shoulder sand leave feathery kisses in their wake. 

"How did you sleep last night?" Ryu asks against my bare shoulder. The sleeve of Ryu's oversized shirt shifting to my arm.

"I slept really well. You Mr. Tanaka Ryunosuke are a really great  cuddler." I sigh as hi rubs my back more. "It's the weekend. Do you wanna go out? We can meet up with some friends if you want." I ask and turn my body so I can rub his shoulders while facing him trough his shirt.

"Mmm. Let's have a lazy day." He says as he glides his hands over mine that are on his shoulders.

"I like that even bet-" I'm cut off by my phone ringing. Ryu reaches over the bed and hands me my phone. I look at the ID and it's my brother.

"Hey brother." I say as I angle my head to the phone. I put it on speaker so I could still rub Ryu's shoulders. 

"Y/N I need you to sit down." Keishin-nii says in a strained voice as he chokes on his words. Ryu and I look at each other with worried expressions but I do as I'm told and sit next to Ryu.

"Ok I am." I say worriedly.

"G-Gramps passed away in his sleep at the h-hospital." He whispers and I hear him start to cry. I feel my eyes widen before Ryu takes me in his arms and I start sobbing hard and loud.

"S-stop joking w-with m-me." I sob as I hit Ryu's chest lightly.

"Come to the hospital I gotta go." He says before hanging up the phone.

"T-tell me it-'s a l-lie Ryu. Please." I sob.

"I'm so sorry Y/N." Ryu whispers as he holds me tightly.

END OF FLASHBACK

================================================================================

I unlock the door to my old home and let Ryu and I in.

"BIG BROTHER!" I smile happily as I give him a huge hug. "I missed you so much!" I smile happily.

"Hey Tanaka. How you treating my little sister." Keishin-nii asks walking up to Ryu and giving his hand a firm shake.

"I'm doing my best Coach." Ryu says and my brother nods.

"We brought Gramps a bottle of Saké and some flowers." I say holding them up and Keishin nods softly. "How have you been brother. I can still move in. Half of my stuff is still here." I say walking closer to him.

"I'll be fine. I am fine. You need to worry about your studies." He says and pats my head. "I'm gonna give you some alone time with the old geezer." Big brother says before grabbing his apron and leaves to work at the shop. I take Ryu's hand and walk around the home for a bit and go to Gramp's small shrine in the hallway. I open it and see his little earn with a picture of him framed on the side.

"Hello Gramps." I say smiling sadly at his picture. "I really miss you." I say quietly as I wipe my eyes.

================================================================================

"Are you ok?" Ryu asks as he plays with my hair. I'm in-between his legs while he rests on the wall.

"I miss him but I know he's a lot better now." I say quietly.

 We are gonna be ok.