Part 9 - Weekends (Part 1)

Enjoy! This chapter is mainly to flesh out Tanaka and Y/N's relationship and the dynamic between Noya, Tanaka and Y/N. I also have an Oikawaxreader that I probably gonna rewrite it's really messy.

"Good morning!" I smile. "Keishin-nii is coming down soon." I say.

"Hey Y/N!" Noya greets.

"Hey N/N.'' Tanaka yawns. N/N? It's cute. I blush at the thought. I guess he caught n to the nick name some people call me.

"N/N?" I question.

"What? It's cute." He grins and I blush harder. Noya sees and he smirks. 

================================================================================

"Bye big brother see you on Sunday. Love you! Don't smoke!" I say to my brother giving him a quick hug through the car window.

"Bye, be safe! Tell the old geezer I say hi.  I'm gonna talk to these two." He says, looking through the mirror at the two boys. 

"C'mon don't be a pain. I'm with Gramps too!" I sigh while Keishin-nii grunts and open the door of the car so Noya and Tanaka can come down. " Let's get our stuff from the trunk." As we walk to the trunk and get our bags. I walk up the steps of Gramp's house where he's waiting with the door cracked open and his head poking out.

"Hey Gramps! I brought some friends who wanted to help. I hope you don't mind." I say as Gramps opens the door so I can give him a peck on the cheek.

"Hello Dear. I can't be mad at you." he caresses my cheek. "Who are these boys?" He asks darkly, straightening his posture. He's taller than the two - being 5'11. Pretty tall for an old guy. 

"Friends from the volley ball club." I ease as I see Noya and Tanaka shake in their shoes.

"Nice to meet you Coach Ukai. I'm Nishinoya Yuu!" Noya greets.

"Tanaka Ryunosuke sir! Sorry for the intrusion." Tanaka bows.

"Very well. Come in." He sighs.

"Keishin-nii says hi." I remember to mention and Gramps nods.

"You three can go settle yourselves in the guest room. I'll be making ton katsu." Gramps says ushering us to the hallway.

"Do you need help?" Tanaka questions and I smile at the gesture . "The doctors said you can't overwork yourself." I scold shaking my head.

"I'm fine, I'm fine you kids go relax for a bit." Gramps says.

I lead the both of them to the guest room down the hall.

(This does not belong to me)

"There are futons in the closet." I say. "I can sleep on the floor." I say but the two boys shake their heads.

"NOPE! You get the bed we'll sleep on the floor." Tanaka says pulling out the futons from the closet.  

"When are we gonna help at the volley ball centre?" Noya asks taking his pyjamas ready for later tonight.

"Around 1. It opens a little later on weekends." I explain lying down on the bed and we hear a crash. We collectively run don the hallway and into the kitchen - thank god this house only has one floor. Gramps has fallen on the floor - I guess he slipped on his socks.

"Are you okay? Can you hear me?"  I panic rushing up to Gramps' side.

"I'm fine I just slipped is all." He winces rubbing his back.

"I told you to be careful you old man." I sigh and flick his head.

"You are too much like your brother." Gramps mumbles and I roll my eyes.

"Keishin-nii is like you." I smirk.

Tanaka and Noya help Gramps up and sits him down on the dining chair and he nods in thanks.

"I'll finish cooking.'' I say and go up to the stove. The chicken katsu is done and there are veggies sitting on the counter top. "Do you want these grilled?" I ask Gramps referring to the veggies. 

"Do what you want dear." He says. This should not take long they are only veggies. The boys come up to help me. Noya starts washing broccoli, carrots, bock choy, and some daikon radishes as Tanaka cuts and I grill. 

"How was the Nekoma Practice match? I hope you beat them." Gramps asks the boys.

"We actually lost the game sir." Noya scratches his head.

"Those cats have always been a tough one." Gramps laughed. "Nekomata is a good coach, I might even say he's better than me but he'll never hear me say that to his face." He continues laughing.

"But people at Karasuno call you the Crazy Crow Coach!" Tanaka defends.

"I sure do come across that way." Gramps says proudly as I transfer the gilled veggies on a plate and put them on the table.

================================================================================

"NICE RECEIVE LITTLE MAN!" Noya exclaims to this 12 year old boy Ren.

"Put your arm you are going to hit with here and once you toss the ball into the air give it a good hit." Tanaka has been explaining spiking to this little girl - Yua who is only 9. She's having trouble picking up the concept. She tries again but she misses the ball and starts crying. She's frustrated. 

"Hey come here it's okay." I smile and give her a hug Tanaka looks at me and smiles softly.

"I c-c-can't do I-it N/N-nee." She sniffles quietly and I frown.

"Hey. You know I don't like it when people give up." I say sternly and she nods.

''Can I tell you a secret. I've never told this to anybody before." I whisper in her ear and she nods. "If you ask Tanaka really, super - duper nicely with a please and thank you. He will carry you on his shoulders." I smile and usher her to Tanaka and I wink at him.

"Tanaka can you carry me please and thank you?" She grins tugging on his pant leg.

"You bet I will!" He cheers and lifts Yua up and swings her gently over his shoulders. Yua grabs onto Tanaka's head for support. Tanaka carries the girl with ease. Yua is tiny. Only 4'3 with a small build. Tanaka runs around in circles as the little girls squeals. 

"I'm so tall!" Yua smile looking down at Noya.

"You sure are!" He laughs. "You're taller than me!"

"Y'know even though you can't get things the first few times you have to keep trying. That's how you get stronger." Tanaka smiles up at Yua who nods.

Damn Tanaka. You are making it really difficult not to fall for you - much less get over you.

"N/N-nii! Toru, Iwa and I are here for practice!"

"Takeru!" I bend down giving the little boy a kiss on the cheek.

"N/N-chan where's my kiss?" 

"Shut up Loserkawa." I sigh. "Hey Iwa."

"I see that skin heads hear." Oikawa teases and I roll my eyes.

"Shut up. We'll just beat your team at the inter highs." I smirk.

"TELL HIM N/N!" Tanaka cheers me on and I laugh.

"Wow. He's calling you by your nickname now. He must be a special boy." Oikawa winks.

He is but he loves Kiyoko not me.