Part 7- Kiyoko

Enjoy! Still deciding if I want to make this a slight Tsukishimaxreader. Or just hint at Tsukishima liking Y//N just a bit.

Y/N POV

I'm sitting at a table with the other first years from the team eating lunch. Kageyama and Hinata are arguing while Yamaguchi and Tsukishima talk about school work.

"WOW KIYOKO'S DELICIOUS CURRY!" Noya and Tanaka cry shovelling food into their mouths. Continuing there talk about how great Kiyoko is and I have to agree with them.

I get why they like Kiyoko. Not only is her beauty unmeasurable but she is kind-hearted , smart, hard working, athletic and she is a sweet person once you get her to open up a bit. Hell, if I was into girls I would probably ask her out! 

I bet if Kiyoko did except Tanka's confession and they went on a few dates she would realize how caring Ryu - I mean Tanaka is. 

I admire Kiyoko and all she does. The way she cares for the team, how organized she is and her cooking too. That's why they call her goddess.

 Compared to Kiyoko I am just a little kid who has an intimidating grandfather. I'm so plain compared to her. A girl with an average, forgettable look.  Kiyoko's beauty is simple. It has elegance to it. She doesn't let it go to her head too. Parts of me have always been insecure. Gramps and Keishin-nii always called me pretty but they had too, they're my family. I'm just average. Every once in a while I just start comparing myself to everyone around me and it sucks. It's not like I'm angry at Kiyoko - I actually have gotten to be good friends with her,  it's just that I know I could never measure up.

I don't have a chance with Tanaka in the long run, do I?

"Shorty, you barely touched your food are you okay?" Wow the string bean being concerned for my well being.

"Ya I'm fine. Allergies. " I sigh taking a bite out of my food. It is good.

"Are you sure you look like you are about to cry." He says siping on his water.

"I do?" I wipe my eyes with my sleeves. "I'm gonna start clearing the tables and doing the dishes." I try and smile getting up from my seat and grabbing empty trays.

I reach the table with the others and they look at me questionably. 

"Hey are you okay?" Suga questions helping me put the trays in piles.

"I'm fine, just allergies." I say quickly. I grab the empty trays and put them into the sink and start washing, Not all of them are done yet so I still have more to do.  I walk up to the Nekoma able and grab their empty trays except Yamamoto's, Inuoka's and Lev's their still eating.

"Thanks kitten!" Kuroo calls out to me as I walk to the sink and I give him a thumbs up.

"I'm gonna start washing now Kiyoko." I say.

"Thank you Y/N. Just ask if you need help." She smiles and I shake my head.

"You've already cooked lunch you must be tired go talk, relax. I got the rest." I smile and start washing. I couldn't be bitter to Kiyoko, she did nothing wrong. Tanaka didn't do anything wrong too. He's not my boyfriend. He just really likes, maybe even loves Kiyoko. I can't be mad at anyone really.

"Thank you so much!" She smiles and goes to sit down with the third and second years, which of course excites Noya and Tanaka.

 String bean comes up and places his tray in the sink. "What's wrong?" He says grabbing an extra sponge and helping me wash.

"Like I said before - allergies." I sigh and I hear him mumble. How can I tell someone I think I like this boy who likes this girl who is way better than I, without sounding pathetic?

"C'mon it's not just allergies. I pick up quick, I'm not Hinata." He scoffs grabbing another tray to wash.

"It's just now of those days when you just don't feel good." I let out and he nods and doesn't start to pry.

"I can wash, why don't you sit down." He says softly which surprises me. The boy is being nice to me?

"N-no it's fine. You should be resting, you have a long day of practice today." I smile at him but he shakes his head.

"I'll just stay and help you then. I'm going to go get the rest of the trays." He walks off before I can say thank you and I see him grabbing trays.

================================================================================

"The new jerseys are here!" I announce lugging in a big box into the gym are team has for the day, and Daichi comes and helps me,

"Why are you carrying this by yourself? It's two times the width go your body!" He scolds and I laugh. 

"Just open the box and be happy!" I stick out my tongue.

As soon as the jerseys are handed out the boys all try them on. Posing and saying how nice they fit.

"They look good guys!" I compliment feeling the fabric of Noya's jersey.

"Don't I look like the star Y/N?!" Noya asks happily and I laugh as I nod.

"Like the sun itself." I pretend to soon, fluttering my eyes and he laughs. 

"You're are a funny one Y/N!" He laughs and I curtsy. 

"I preform every hour of the hour." I smile.

"Y/N be honest does this make me look hot?" Tanaka questions. "Be honest does it look like girls would swoon over. me?" He smile posing and spinning around. I would date him before the jersey came into to the picture.

"Yup! Very date worthy. Girls will be swooning over you for sure." I smile and he does the same. If I can't be with him I might as well  try and be a good friend.

================================================================================

We just finished dinner and now we have a bit of team practice and warm up time before bed.

"C'mon boys you are only 8th in the prefecture. Don't you wanna be top 3?! Make it to national?!" I shout as the boys to laps up and down a hill. They nod as they pant. "Then pick up the pace and start running like you mean it!" I sigh and they quicken their pace. 

"Y/N You sure are intimidating." Kiyoko laughs and I smile.

"Tough love." I smile and she laughs. "Kiyoko we are friends right?"

"Of course we are."

"Then can I ask a personal question?" She nods. ''Have you ever had a boyfriend before?''

"No, dating never interested me." She explains. "Have you?" She giggles.

"Nope." I smile.

"Who needs boys when I can do things for myself." She smiles and finishes her explanation. She's independent too!

The guys finish their laps and Kiyoko ends them water hand out water. 

"You made us do 10 laps up and down a hill... why do you hate us??" Tanaka sighs and falls to the floor.

"I don't hate you I'm building your stamina. Tomorrow will be 12 laps." I pat his head and hand him a bottle of water.

"Whatever you say." He pants, downing the water in one go and I smile apologetically.

I like Tanaka, I think I know that for sure. But I don't have a chance with him. All I can do for now is be a good friend and maybe I can get lucky and end up with him in the end. I really hope I do.