Part 11 - Chin up

Enjoy! This is probably going to be a slow burn.

TANAKA POV

Y/N started feeling better so she decided to take a shower and brush her teeth the second time this morning  to not feel gross anymore. What did she mean by confused. I like Kiyoko and I like her. I don't know anymore. Y/N steps out of the bathroom with her hair still damp and fresh clothes on her body and goes to sit down.

"What do you mean confused?" I ask her as she sits on the bed.

"What I said - You sound confused." She states.

"How am I confused exactly?"

"Do you think she's pretty or do you like her for other reasons?" I can tell she's getting a little annoyed but I am too. But  I'm not confused about anything.

"I like her because she's Kiyoko. She's reliable and hardworking and so much other amazing stuff that I want to get to know her more." I let out and Y/N's face falls. Only for a sec but I can see it. She looks across the room at me and has a gentle smile on her face.

I like both of them and now I don't know what to do.

Y/N POV

I knew it. He only likes Kiyoko. What he just said gave me was all I need to hear. I don't have a chance with him - at all.

"That's a really sweet way of saying you wanna be with someone." I put a smile on my face. 

It's decided. I won't confess to Tanaka. I never had a chance.

"So why do you like this guy?" Tanaka asks. Because it's you dumb dumb.

"Because he makes me feel safe." I say as I go to lay down on my back. No mater how safe Tanaka makes me feel he likes Kiyoko. I just need to suck it up and move on.

"I hope he treats you well. Y'know when you confess." Tanaka says quietly and I nod turning over to my side and close my eyes. I really like Tanaka. He's so kind without even needing to try and that just makes it harder to let go. 

"I'm not going to, he doesn't like me." I whisper.

"Well someone out there does." You don't.

"I'm gonna go take a nap." I whisper, shutting my eyes tighter.

"I'll leave you to it." Tanaka says walking up to the bed and tucking me in before closing the curtains, turning off the light and closing the door.

Being with Tanaka would be a distraction for both him and me.

I think I start crying before I fall asleep.

================================================================================

I wake up and I'm in the passenger seat of Keishin-nii's car I look next to me and my brother is driving and I look through the mirror where I see Noya and Tanaka playing a game on their phones.

"How did I get in here?" I sigh turning to my brother.

"I carried you to the car. We needed to get back for a club meeting. I heard you got food poisoning are you okay?"I nod and look out the window. We'll almost at school.

"How's Gramps?" 

"He's fine." I say. I'm really not in the mood right now. I cried myself to sleep 2 hours ago and my crush doesn't like me, instead he's likes a girl who is my friend and mentor. I'm not mad at Kiyoko or Tanaka I'm just sad that Tanaka and I won't be a thing. 

"Are you okay? You're being very bland with me." Big brother jokes.

"It's nothing I'm just tired." I smile and lean my head against the window. Chin up.

We reach the gym and all of the boys and Kiyoko are already inside.

"KIYOKO! WE MISSED YOU!" Tanaka and Noya run straight to said girl. I feel myself frown.

"How was your weekend with those two?" Suga laughs and I do too.

"It was fun. I did get food poisoning - Tanaka held my hair up." I smile.

I go to the storage closet and give Kiyoko her clipboard and I get the cart of volley balls so they can practice. 

"Hey shorty. How's your situation going?" Tsukishima comes up to me. 

"Not well." I sigh looking at Tanaka praising Kiyoko. Tsukki pats my arm firmly and I nod. He's telling me not to worry in his own way.

================================================================================

"Be here bright and early tomorrow at 7! Are first match tomorrow will be Tokonami High. Stay and practice if you want bu be home early!" Keishin-nii demises the boys. They practised as a team for a whiles it's still early in the day being only 2p.m.

I decide to stay back and help, almost everyone stayed except Tsukishima and  Yamaguchi who insisted going home.

They decided to do flying laps around the perimeter of the gym.

"Some of you are  going half assed I can tell! You all wanted to stay back and practice so practice like you mean it!" I call out to them. 

Once they do 5 laps Daichi says they should practice some spikes while Kageyama and Suga set. It's Tanaka's turn and he spikes the ball with so much force.

"DID YOU SE THAT KIYOKO!?" He screams swinging his arms in the air. I frowned step outside the gym.

Chin up Y/N. You are the granddaughter of Old Coach Ukai and the little sister Keishin Ukai. You come from a line of very strong people so chin up.

I go to the vending machines to pick up a bottle of soda but it didn't give me anything. I shake the machine but the soda doesn't come out. There goes some of my yen.

I sit on the step outside of the gym to take a breath of fresh air. 

"Hey Y/N." I know it's Suga. His voice is as calm as Asahi's but softer. He sits next to me.

"Hey Suga." I say my eyes still closed.

"What's wrong? Why aren't you inside?" He asks softly.

"Can you keep a secret?" I ask opening my eyes and he nods. "Tsukishima already knows but I like Tanaka, but he likes Kiyoko so I guess you can connect the dots." I laugh dryly and Suga giggles.

"I already knew you like Tanaka and so does Daichi and Asahi too." He smiles and I feel my eyes go wide. "No one told the three of us but we kinda figured out ourselves. You blush really hard." 

"I do?" I say embarrassed and he nods.

"Tanaka has always been loud and impulsive but he calms down so much with you.'' Suga smiles. "Daichi, Asahi come out here!" He calls out into the gym.

"Suga what are you doing?!" I panic whisper as the other third years come out.

"We all know you like Tanaka right you two?" Suga turns to the others and they nod.

"You blush really hard." Asahi laughs.

"You saw too?" I ask putting my face in my hands. "Well it doesn't matter because he doesn't like me." I whine.

"He likes you." Daichi says and pates my head. "He doesn't know it yet but us three can see it."

What does that even mean. 

"I'm just gonna confess. The worst thing that can happen is him saying no." I let out.

Chin up Y/N.