✈︎ Chapter Ten

"so why'd you summon me and not Jisung or your dad?" Haechan asked as they walk through the forest.

Jeno shrugged his shoulders and reaches his tail up to grab a fresh ripe apple from one of the apple trees surrounding them in the once open area.

"I didn't want to disturb," he said before twirling the apple around using his pointy tail. "I knew Jisung was having his training this time around and my dad is probably taking care of things in hell." He later elaborates.

With a hum, Haechan smirked mischievously and stretches his arm out to stop Jeno from walking. The blue haired boy raised an eyebrow at his friend as he followed suit.

"What?" Jeno's tail stopped swaying while his wings were spread out in caution as if he was protecting himself.

"Show time." The tanned demon said with his sharp teeth showing from his wide grin.

Jeno scoffed rolling his eyes and leaned in against the tree feeling the hard and rough bark of the plant through his soft sweater and on his maroon colored demon wings.

"Where's your guy?" He asked tilting his head as he played with his very short horns on his head, almost invisible from the eyes of passersby.

Haechan looks around scanning the area and his eyes glinted with joy when his gaze fell on a certain stranger, "him." He points at the person.

Jeno follows the direction his index finger was pointing at and gave a sloppy look, "a police officer? Is that really your guy tonight?" He asked with his voice wary.

As mentioned before, Jeno's usually not the type to do something so... Mean. He watches and waits. That's the only thing he does whenever he's with his friends and his father.

It's the same as tonight, he might not look or sound like it but... He is very nervous and cautious about this. Especially when it's Haechan.

"He's what I got from the random pick." Haechan shrugged at his friend who had a poker face on. "Okay... Jisung got him but..."

"You switched yours and his pick before he knew it." Jeno cuts off already knowing what the tanned male could've and would do in that situation.

"Yeah... Heh." Haechan chuckled nervously scratching his nape only making Jeno tsk at him as if he's disappointed.

"Don't cross the line or something," the blue haired boy mumbled as Haechan was already in his human form hiding his wings, horns, and tail from the humans around.

"As if." Haechan scoffed playfully yet cockily at his blue haired friend.

Jeno pouts, "I'm serious Channie." He said with his tone different and way of saying those words in a mumble along with the words almost jumbled together as if a child was talking to him.

(A/N: please tell me y'all know what I'm talking about. Like the way Jeno says things is just– different, in an adorable way.)

Haechan halts his acts and softens, "I won't get in trouble and I won't go overboard. All I have to do is the task I was given, I'll be back here and walk you back home afterwards. Like I usually would."

With a sigh, Jeno smiled tightly and nodded at his words. He accepts the hug his friend engulfed him in as he loops his arms around the boy's shoulders.

"Good luck." He whispered against Haechan's ear and pulled away.

Couldn't fight the urge and help it, Haechan huffed and placed his hands on his hips. "Luck is for losers." He sneered and turns around before finally walking towards the police officer.

"Also, stay here. I don't want Satan going wild and attacking me for losing you out of my watch," Haechan said when he halts and turns back around to face Jeno.

Jeno chuckled, "isn't that what usually happens?" He sneered raising a brow and adjusting his position against the tree.

Haechan huffed, "Jisung made a bet. I don't want to lose and do his work again for the fifth time this month." He rolled his eyes.

With a tsk, Jeno only gave him a thumbs up and a curt nod. He looked calm as ever as if his dumbass friend doesn't have a mission on a fucking police officer that is apart of the authorities.

Whilst Haechan was gone to his human target for tonight, Jeno exhaled deeply and shuts his eyes before opening them back up again stopping his very-calm-as-ever-guy act.

Finally, he shakes his head and smiled as if his personality changed overnight. Kind of looks like it but whatever.

He waits at the tree for Haechan to finish as he played with his horns and tail.

"Well hell-lo cutie," Jaemin drawled as he smirked with his tone low and seductive. Don't mind the pun, it's really shitty.

The demon raised a brow, "hey there!" he beams with his fangs out and his tail swaying gracefully as it lit up with fire.

The angel hummed, "you're too innocent and cute for a demon," he said unconsciously making the demon pout.

"So? Is that a problem Mr. Angel?" He asked his tone soft and his tail still lit up.

Jaemin shrugged, "not at all," he waved off. "Just a surprise to see a supposed demon not being able to torture humans for fun," he said.

Jeno pouted even more, "that's mean though!" He said not liking the idea of using his powers to make a human being's day miserable.

The angle chuckled and his eyes lit up with the color gold, "but it's fun," he smirked.

Jeno whined and shook his head, "no it's not! It's very mean, naughty if you will," he retorts.

Jaemin hummed and puffed out his wings before flying closer to the demon who was behind the tree, he grinned and ran his finger on the boy's cheek.

Jeno shivered as his eyes lit up with the color of light red as he looks at one of God's children, Satan's enemy.

"Pretty pure for a demon like you to think of that," Jaemin mumbled before grinning widely. "But I do love to destroy someone's innocence," he said.

"Let me corrupt you, Jeno Lee," he whispered and smirked when the demon's tail was now fully lit up.