Ch 6 getting settled in

Freya's P.O.V:

I glanced up to do he smiled and gave me a thumbs-up, I smiled back and went to the Hufflepuff table that was one of the two tables in the middle of the four nearest to the Gryffindors as I sat down next to Stella who thankfully got Hufflepuff too, as I was talking I noticed that harry and two others were looking at me oddly I smiled at them and they turned away embarrassed maybe because I noticed them starring I don't know but after dumbledore's announcements he asked me to stay after dinner to talk in front of everyone, which made me embarrassed. But I pushed past it and ate happily while talking to Stella. Stella had muggle parents I heard so I was fascinated about how different our lives were while her family went on trips and let her hang out with the kids on the block. My family sheltered me and we only went out for shopping purposes. I also never had any friends while living in the countryside. Dinner flew by but the whole time I felt like I was being watched. After I said goodbye to Stella and everyone left I was met by a man named Snape which I only knew because of Dumbledore's introduction during his speech, McGonagall, and Dumbledore of course. They all looked scared, well more like weary of me. Dumbledore cleared his throat after a long painfully awkward silence "are you related to Tom Riddle at all" oh so this is what this is about I decided to tell the truth because there's no point in hiding it "he's my father and before you accuse me of being evil I am not like him" I scoffed, not wanting to talk about the scum that was my father. They looked unconvinced so I continued "he killed my mother right in front of me you think I can respect that" dumbledore looked shocked, McGonagall had a look of sympathy, and snape looked at me with an unreadable expression. "I'm sorry that happened but can we check your arms," Dumbledore said I gave a confused look before rolling up my sleeves to my pale arms. They all looked relieved in a way and explained that it was making sure I don't have a dark mark, I didn't know what it was but I didn't press any further as a yawn escaped my mouth. "Where's my common room?" I asked so that I could go to bed. McGonagall spoke up and offered to get professor Sprout to bring me. As me and professor sprout were walking we were talking about herbology, her teaching subject. She was a little surprised at my knowledge but was smiling warmly at me as I was excitedly rambling on the different magical plants. When we stopped at a pile of barrels she then told me the password and I tapped in the rhythm of Helga Hufflepuff the founder of Hufflepuff. When I walked in it was cozy and warm. The room is decorated in the cheerful, sunflower colors of yellow and black, emphasized by the use of highly polished, honey-colored wood for the tables and the round doors which lead to the boys' and girls' dormitories furnished with comfortable wooden bedsteads, all covered in patchwork quilts that looked hand made. A portrait over the wooden mantelpiece carved all over with decorative dancing badgers shows Helga Hufflepuff, one of the four founders of Hogwarts School, toasting her students with a tiny, two-handled golden cup. Small, round windows just level with the ground at the foot of the castle show a pleasant view of rippling grass and dandelions.

-J.K Rowling

I felt safe in the room, then I spotted Stella she was talking with other people in the common room so I didn't bother her and went to my room I was rooming with four other girls named iris, Cami, Lexi and yes I was excited about this one Stella o...

I felt safe in the room, then I spotted Stella she was talking with other people in the common room so I didn't bother her and went to my room I was rooming with four other girls named iris, Cami, Lexi and yes I was excited about this one Stella only knew this because our names were on the door. I didn't like how many girls wherein the dorm but whatever when I walked in it was huge the was five beds and one girl was unpacking all of our trunks were at the end of our beds, mine was the one farthest from the door and the girl who was unpacking was next to mine on my left we each had dressers next to our beds so we could put stuff away and it was very pleased because my trunk was almost bursting with clothing and books.

 I didn't like how many girls wherein the dorm but whatever when I walked in it was huge the was five beds and one girl was unpacking all of our trunks were at the end of our beds, mine was the one farthest from the door and the girl who was unpac...

 So at the top drawer put my eight books then stuffed the other two drawers with pants and tops, I had to leave my socks, shoes, and underwear in my trunk same with my bras. after I was done I started to talk to the girl next to me and learned her name was iris, so to fit her name conjured an iris flower for a greeting she was amazed that it did it with my hands and gladly accepted the flower. Then I decided to change into my silk pink pajamas so I could sleep.