Rule One

Friday Evening

It was almost eight in the evening. Which meant, almost time for the weekend, almost time for home. Team Gibbs were excited to finally go home for the weekend, spending time away from the office, even if it was for two days. Everyone, that even included their legendary leader, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, were doing their final part in paperwork. DiNozzo had signed his final part. When all of ten minutes after they finished their paperwork, the inevitable occurred, Gibbs's desk phone began to ring. A case. There was a brief pause as their leader answered the beckoning call.

"Grab your gear, gotta dead marine, motel outside of Norfolk; Murray, gas the truck." There was a pause as keys were thrown and caught, bags were thrown on their backs and the team, apart from Murray and Gibbs, groaned inwardly.

"You know that's just greats," muttered the Ash-blond, hazel-eyed agent under his breath. "A dead body on a Friday night means no weekend for this DiNozzo."

"You say something DiNozzo?" Their leader questioned in his usual grouchy manner, causing their resident New Yorker to chuckle.

"On your six boss," DiNozzo started shooting glaring eyes at the direction of Murray's retreating sniggering back.

Over Four Hours Later (Early Saturday Morning)

"If I must search through one more bag of stinkin' trash, I swear I'm going to puke," DiNozzo complained with a groan, as the Major Crime Response Team arrived back at the Navy Yard. "McGeek... Murray," He threw balled up pieces of paper, at the two, "You got anything yet? 'cause I'm rolling on empty here." He added admittingly.

"No... No... Not yet," McGee grumbled through, as he shot a glare at his friend, "I should be down giving Abby a hand with the laptop found at the scene. Not doing this." Their resident New Yorker slammed her fists down in frustration

"Tony, I cannot concentrate on my actually doing my work, with you throwing your crap at us!" She called out in frustration, as she banged heavily on her keyboard. "ARGH!" She yelled out, "DOES ANYTHING WORK?!" seeing his best friend in duress, McGee then asked a question which no one should ask an angry Murray.

"You alright there Cap?" He queried, regretting the words as soon as they left his mouth.

"No, Tim. To tell you the truth, no I am not. My Mom's in town, for the weekend-" She started uneasily, leaning back on her desk chair.

"And how, may I ask, is that a bad thing?" DiNozzo interrupted quickly, not having a mother himself. Murray coughed nervously.

"She doesn't have a penny to her name Tony, that's why... She squeezing every last penny out of me. Doesn't help that her and pop divorced, they... err... separated on shoddy terms, so when his lawyer came with my pop's Will and Testimony. He hadn't included her in the will." DiNozzo looked at his friend, then looked away guiltily. "She won't shut up... shut up about him... about him being ungrateful. My Pop died on Monday for God sake." She added, McGee arose from his seat and pulled her into one of his warm, close to heart hugs. "Timmy, you know you don't have too, I'm fine. I just need to make this God damn computer work."

"What did you do to it?" McGee chortled softly as they separated.

"Nothing... I think... Unless, DiNozzo did something to my baby again. If HE has, and HE knows I'll find out, I will KILL HIM" She urged as she climbed under her desk to check the wire, "You little shit..., both my HDMI and internet cable..." She poked her head round to face her adolescently behaved neighbour "DiNozzo... I'm gonna kill you, you know, that, right?" DiNozzo whimpered and avoided her death glare before conveniently changing the conversation subject

"McGoo, you can help our Gothic Queen when you finish here," Ziva smirked as she carried on typing, McGee's computer rang with its answer. Which on his part was great timing;