Chapter 5

3rd pov

Regulus Black loved Amara Emerys with all his heart, she was his best friend, his sister and the thought of losing her to his brother was killing him inside.

Looking across the Slytherin table at her brother in all but blood she could see awful thoughts were clouding his head, "Reggie, you ok" Amara worriedly whispered.

Snapping his eyes up to meet the sky blue eyes of his best friends, Regulus saw the worry in them so smiling falsely he told her everything was fine. Being his best friend she knew he was lying so she told him to meet her in the astronomy tower, standing immediately and leaving the table not waiting of an answer.
——————————————————
Amaras pov

Regulus was really worrying me earlier, I've not seen him the down and anxious since Sirius left home. Wait when the hell did I start thinking of Sirius Black as Sirius, what the hell. I heard quiet footsteps coming from the stairwell so I turned around and came face to face with Regulus, well more like face to chest but that's beside the point. "Hey what did you wanna talk about", rolling my eyes I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the balcony and sat down looking out at the forbidden forest "You lied... Earlier you lied to me with that smile after I asked what was wrong why?"

Looking down Regulus sighed softly "straight to the point huh" he chuckled "your my best friend so its gonna sound so selfish of me but I don't wanna lose you" tears were welling in his eyes so I took him in my arms in an attempt to comfort him "Your not gonna lose me, Reg where the hell did this come from" I said softly while rocking us back and forth.

"I don't want to lose my best friend, people always chose my brother, I mean why wouldn't you he's funny and he's brave, he stands up for himself, but I don't think I can handle losing you to him as well." Tears were now falling freely down his face and some were gathering in my eyes also." Reggie" I gave a wet chuckle, "It's not funny Mara" Regulus almost shouted while pulling away from my embrace.  Standing up I walked over and grabbed his hands holding tightly as he tried to pull away, looking at him straight in his eyes I said "You are my best friend Regulus Black, no matter who I am mated to you will always be my best friend."
—–————————————————
3rd pov

Regulus and Amara stood in silence for several minutes before Regulus let go of Amaras hand a took a step back turing around putting his hands on the wall taking deep breaths in and out to calm himself. Amara stood there not knowing what to do with herself, Regulus was her best friend, her family how could he think that she would leave him for his brother, walking forward Amara wrapped her arms around Regulus from behind whispering " I'm never gonna leave you, your stuck with me, I love you Reggie." Turning in her embrace he wrapped his arms, engulfing her small frame.

After pulling away from the hug they went and sat on the balcony again "I'm sorry" Regulus told her softly while playing with he hair. Amara looked at him and grabbed his face telling him that there was nothing to be sorry for. The sun had began to set when the next words were spoken "I spoke to Remus Lupin on my walk last night", looking at the questioning glance Regulus shot her she went on to explain " He apologised for what he did, told me he would do what ever it took to get him to forgive me" "Did you, did you forgive him because he was awful to you they all were whether he's your mate or not, Merlin  Amara you ca-", Regulus was cut of by an exasperated Amara "I didn't, I didn't forgive him, like you said he was awful to me it's gonna take alot for me to forgive him. Now come on its almost dinner time."
——————————————————
3rd pov

Regulus and Amara walked into the Great Hall leaning on each other tears of laughter in their eyes, the sight sending a flare of anger through her mates who sat at the Gryfindor table." Is she dating him" Peter said to the 3 remaining marauders this was answered by Remus "no, and um I have to tell you all something." ignoring the questioning looks in turn looking at the table " On my walk last night I ran into her, we talked and she said she could forgive me, she said it would take time but it's progress". With a bashful smile he looked at the others only for James to spit "why would you want that, why are you even taking time to talk to her " at him "All I've ever wanted was someone to love me for who I am, what I am, and she hates my guts" glaring hard at James he finished his sentence "I will make her forgive me, she is my mate, your relationship with her is your business but you do not get to judge me for wanting to be with my mate. And the next time you insult her, this goes for all of you, I'll let mooney out". Standing Remus stormed out of the Great Hall missing the worried glance shot at him from the Slytherin table.