29 The 6th degree of separation

Danny's POV

I saw Jess get up to leave so I quickly said goodbye and ran after her... Katie said she really liked this guy... And I really wanted her back...

"Jess" I said and she turned around... It was like in slow mo or something, she was so beautiful... I felt like I was gonna faint...

... I love you... Can't you see it??... Ok, so I didn't kiss Irma... But I am partly responsible for her kissing me... I lied... I fucked up... Pull your self together Dan...  She'll never take you back now...

I just stood there... I couldn't think about anything but Jess...

"Dan... You ok?" She laughed sweetly

...C'mon, pull yourself together...

"Uh yeah... Can I walk back with you?" I said nervously

"Sure... How'd your date go??" She said... I'm not sure if I was being totally delusional thinking she missed me, but I'm sure I could see some pain behind her eyes...

"It wasn't a date... Just a thank you... How about you, I noticed Katie leave after that rather attractive guy sat down with you" I tried not to sound bitter... But it killed me seeing her with him...

"Oh god, that wasn't a date! Katie spilt a coffee on him so got him to sit with us!" And that was when I realised how sneaky and manipulative my little sister had been... She was making us go through the six degrees of separation!! And I would take Jess back, no hesitation... But she'd never forgive me... I laughed "what you laughing at?"

"Katie... She's just... So clumsy sometimes... "

"She did it on purpose so he'd sit with us!" Gathered that!

"Yeah... She's a sneaky one!" Jess laughed

Jess's POV

I just realised what Katie had been doing... She was guiding us on the path of separation... Did she want us to get back together?! Or did she want us to move on?! Anyway, it was then when I realised how obvious it was Danny was telling the truth about Irma... I admit it,  I had fucked up! But there was no way Dan would take me back after I had been so horrible to him... I just had to hold myself back, get over him... We arrived back at the tour bus and we set off for Cardiff... I thought I'd use the time to get some sleep... Best not mention to Katie that I knew what she was up to!!

"Sweet dreams" Dan said and smiled in his usual way that makes my heart explode out if my chest

"You two..." I smiled back... At least we could talk to each other now... Being friends with him was better than nothing... He'd never take me back... It was time to move on...

A/N: Heyy! So, its the final chapter next... Just realised I used the same scene for the last chapter in my other fanfic Flares (if you want a preview!!)... But technically it was for long gone and moved on in the first place... Who cares?! I have to use that scene... I'm also going to do a sequel to this story once I've finished!! Hope you're enjoying, thanks for reading!! (Sorry that chapter was so short by the way... Got distracted watching the simpsons!)