Prologue

Diary Entry of Kyla Avarado

6209
6209 days of limitations and laws.
Of the constant surveilance and surrender.

I have spent 17 years modifying and correcting my actions and thoughts to appropriate for my place in the world. I am merely a failed expeirament in mutation. A diesease that needed to be be quarantined from those who were chosen.

I am nothing.
I am less than nothing.

And thats how they want me. Easily breakable and flexible. I am basically a pawn in the governments little game of survival of the fittest.

Theres hundreds of us in this sector. Thousands i this continent. Millions worldwide. All shoved underground like worthless insects because we didnt pass the test of life. Some are here since birth, like me.

We are the undesirables. The weak and un wanted. The infected.

No one knows the name of our illness or how we have it or why. No one has a cure or is even close to having one and thats because no one gives a damn. Why you ask? Simple, Because life is easier for those above. No worries because humanity is saved because they holed us up in the dirt and kept watch.

My civiliation is basically a plastic society of white walls and white lies. We are required to do what normal kids and adults do while being surveilanced and kept contained with our daily doses of some liquid they inject in us every damn day.

Things have been like this for a while from what i learned. Ever since President Clayton took charge and basically brainwashed everyone that his words were gospel truth. Everone above adores him. Saying hes a genius. A hero. A saint.

Not down here. We think hes insane. A maniac with a big house and a lot of power.

But we survive. Some us dont and disapear as if they never existed. Some of us even have the balls to pretend that we are normal. I think its bull. We are trapped and suffocating silently.

The Grove is our little underground prison where no one comes in when they shouldnt and no one EVER leaves. Thats our little unwritten warning.

Well.... until today