Act 5: Capability

(A/N): This chapter will have a few timeskips over the course of Perceval's one year at St. Freya.

Himeko stood at the front of the classroom making sure the students were dead silent "This year, you'll have a new classmate with you." She gestured to Perceval, who bowed slightly "My name is Perceval Avlonia, It's nice to meet you all." Some of the girls towards the back of the class looked on in admiration, Perceval couldn't tell if it was because he had the guts to come to an all female school or if it was something else entirely. Mei raised her hand "Ms. Himeko, is it alright if Perceval sits here?" Himeko nodded and pet Perceval on the back "Go on, take your seat." He made his way down to the seat next to Mei: directly next to the window overlooking the sports field in the middle of the classroom, sitting behind him was a short girl with silver hair and an expressionless face, Perceval couldn't read the girl at all. He sat down and organised his books on the desk "Good to see you, Perceval." He turned his head to see Mei smiling at him "Likewise." The girl behind him then leaned over to introduce herself "Perceval, I see you know Mei." He turned to face her "Yeah, she guided me to Madam Principal's office." the girl nodded in understanding "The Bronya sees Mei is as helpful as ever." The way this girl spoke slightly confused Perceval "Bronya? Is that your name?" She nodded "Bronya Zaychik. It is the Broyna's pleasure." He nodded and shook her hand "Yeah, nice to meet you." a girl sitting across from Bronya then broke into the conversation "Hey! I wanna say 'Hi' too!" Bronya looked unimpressed "Idiotka, lower your voice. We are in a classroom." This 'Idiotka' then stuck her tongue out "Shut up, Bratnya." Perceval was slightly annoyed "Alright cut it out." The two turned to face Perceval, he extended his hand to 'Idiotka'. "What is your name?" The girl grasped his hand firmly "Kiana Kaslana, I'm gonna be the best Valkyrie ever!" Perceval chuckled "Hey! What's so funny?" Perceval shook his head "Nothing. It's just that of all the things you could've said to introduce yourself, you say 'I'm going to be the best Valkyrie'?" Kiana looked visibly frustrated "What would you say then?" Perceval brushed some hair away that covered his left ear "It's nice to meet you, or something along that line." Their conversation was cut short by Himeko scratching her fingernails across the blackboard that adorned the front wall, creating a dastardly screeching sound. The entirety of the classroom save for Perceval covered their ears, Himeko cleared her throat "I'm only going to say this once so listen up!" The classroom went silent "We're going to do a Physical Test, follow me to the Sports Field." The students were shocked, this early and they were already proving themselves? Perceval couldn't help but smile, he couldn't wait to show what he was made of. 

St. Freya Academy: Sports Field

"You should all know that the Honkai augments your bodies beyond normal human capabilities, today, I'm going to get you all started on pushing beyond your own limits." Himeko was loud and clear about her expectations, she turned to face Perceval "Avlonia! Did you do regular fitness tests at your old school?" Perceval nodded "Yes, Miss." Himeko handed Perceval a softball "What was your previous record at High-School?" Perceval strained his thoughts "It was... 64 meters, if I remember correctly." Himeko smirked "Oh? Now try it using the Honkai in your body." Perceval walked up to the chalk circle clearly marked in the dirt "I can do anything as long as it is within the circle, right?" He looked back to Himeko, who simply nodded. He stretched his arms and flexed himself into a baseball pitching position, he looked out into the horizon, marking where he would attempt to throw. He blurred forward with incredible speed, launching his arm forward and sending the softball rocketing into the sky. He took a step and followed through with the position of his arm, he turned his head to watch the ball, It was a blur in the distance before Himeko made a surprised gasp. "Well? How did I do?" Himeko walked over to you and displayed a datapad she held, on it read two measurements: Distance = 999 Kilometers and Speed = 999 Kilometers per hour. Perceval gawked, as did the rest of the cohort. Himeko spoke up "This is only the start of what you'll be doing to push yourselves to the absolute limits! What will you do to become Valkyries?" The students roared in anticipation, Himeko smiled "You better get excited, because there's only nine months till the exams. Let's get to it!"