Act 45: Orchestration

12:42PM: Training Room, Shicksal HQ
THIRTY-SIX HOURS REMAINING UNTIL THE STARLESS NIGHT

Theresa, Bronya, Fu Hua, Rita and Captain Hyperion sat opposite the giant window that looked into the Training Room each with their own wildly different expressions. Theresa was slack-jawed, Bronya stared intensely, Hua simply nodded with a small smile, Rita twirled a lock of hair around her finger with wide eyes and Captain Hyperion was pale as a ghost. Perceval and Durandal had been sparring for a little over two hours, and they still hadn't landed a single hit on the other.

Raising the lance over her shoulder as she flipped forward, an azure axe blade materialised out of Quantum power on the weapon's edge as Durandal put all her body weight forwards while falling towards the Knight. Perceval raised Caliburn and held it flat like a shield, bracing the tip with his free hand. Just as the Valkyrie's attack struck, Perceval flicked his blade to the right with a flash of sparks; leaving her open to an ending blow. Stepping forwards and planting his left foot, the Knight arched his back and spun with his right leg angling up towards the Valkyrie's ribs. Durandal stopped Perceval's steel clad foot with her onyx-black shield just as she touched down on the ground, she grunted as she threw her lance forward in a streak of crimson fire. As the lance streaked towards him, Perceval leaned back under the weapon and stepped to the side; Caliburn's edge radiating a faint golden glow to represent the Valkyrie's rapid approach towards the Knight. He threw the sword. Charging the blade with as much Honkai as he could muster, Caliburn flew true like a silver arrow: tracing a line of golden Honkai through the air as it soared towards Durandal. When Durandal leapt over the sword and called her lance back to her hand, Perceval held out his right hand and pictured Caliburn drawing a wide arc behind the Valkyrie to her back, to his hand. "To me, Caliburn!" 

Whipping around to the Valkyrie's ribs in a wide arc, Caliburn drew a beautiful crescent curve in the air. The Valkyrie's eyes widened in surprise as she turned her head, firing an explosive blast like a shotgun from her lance to attempt to slow Caliburn's flight. By that time, Perceval had circled around to her back while redirecting Caliburn above her head. Smirking as he leapt up into the air with a rush of wind, the Knight's fingers firmly wrapped around the handle of the sword while eyeing his target below. As his feet touched the ceiling, Perceval charged his legs with Honkai: a slight burning sensation crawling up his feet to his thighs. He pushed off and flew towards Durandal with his blade by his side prepared for a thrust. But as he entered the Valkyrie's threshold, with his hair dancing in the wind, Durandal spun to the side like an elegant dancer: her black armour peeling away and forming together into: 

"Krishna!" 

She called her loyal steed. Leaping up into its back, the blonde Valkyrie watched as Perceval tucked into an aerial roll; positioning himself so his feet would land firmly on the ground. Their gazes met, each millisecond that passed offering a glance into the other's psyche. Perceval launched himself again, this time throwing himself directly towards Krishna.

Bad idea.

He underestimated the distance between him and the Valkyrie, instead flying directly into Krishna's chest with a wheeze; Caliburn skittering across the steel floor as he fell onto his back with a thud, his lungs emptied of air. The crown on Perceval's head now sat crooked, a drop of sweat running down the side of his face as he struggled to pull air into his lungs. By that time, Krishna was dematerialised, leaving Durandal a giggling mess as she covered her mouth politely with her fingers while desperately trying not to break into a fit of laughter. Adjusting his crown as he pulled himself upwards into a sit, holding a hand over his cold, armoured chest while lightly panting. "Hah... It's... Hah... Not funny..." 

But even as he wheezed, a small smile slowly crept up his lips. It was undeniable that the Valkyrie's laugh was incredibly infectious, as was her smile that caused his cheeks to flush every time. Durandal stifled her laughter and extended her hand out to Perceval, tightly grasping his hand and helping him up to his feet. The slight chill against his palm drew the Knight's eyes down to the Valkyrie's hand, the silver glint of Durandal's promise ring catching his gaze. He almost forgot about their trip to the city a few days ago to purchase a set of promise rings, inlaid with titanium Celtic knot patterns that contrasted the vibrant silver with a deep matte sheen. They were far from engagement or wedding rings, but both Perceval and Durandal didn't want to splurge on rings that they might only wear for a few days. Entwining her fingers with the Knight's as she smiled softly, offering a gentle squeeze of his firm hand. "It was amusing, not funny, Darling." She admitted while opening the door of the Training Room, turning to Perceval with a comforting gaze. "We've sparred for over two hours, we should probably take a break."