Act 47: Recitative

Recitative: musical speech that advances the plot or action within an opera, usually of vocal style

3AM: Battleship Hyperion - Infirmary, Luna
TWENTY HOURS REMAINING UNTIL THE STARLESS NIGHT

The medical bay was filled with injured warriors. Yet Perceval and the rest of the A-Team were unscathed, not so much as a drop of blood spilled. Perceval held Tahlia's hand tightly as he watched her breath heavily; bandages soaked crimson red on what remained of her left arm. She took a hit for Bronya; losing her left arm and her left leg in the process. Tahlia winced and opened her right eye with a pained expression, tightly biting into the flesh of her bottom lip. Her silver bob hair was stained with blood, her battlesuit almost torn to shreds: armour dented and pierced. "Perceval... How's Bronya...? Is she..." She began, voice quieter than a whisper. "Is she okay...? I promised... I promised the Vollerei girl that she would remain unharmed..."

Perceval clasped Tahlia's hand in his, attempting to smile softly through his slowly growing anxiety. "She's untouched, Tahlia. You did great..." He whispered out of fear for crying on the spot, something which he knew the Valkyrie would tease him about later; he needed to remain strong in front of his student. "Just remember what I taught you. Breath. Channel the Taixuan Blade Heart."

Be as still as water,

Be free from dust,

Be as clear as a mirror,

And make the Taixuan thrust.

The Taixuan Blade Heart and Sword Art was created by Fu Hua centuries ago, when she was still known as the Immortal Celestial of Shenzhou. More than a way of wielding the sword, the Blade Heart could stem one's wounds and even reverse a Honkai infection. Perceval had learned it from Hua at St. Freya and was able to apply it to prevent his body from succumbing to his internal Honkai until his body became used to it, it became useless after Charlemagne's Stigmata; and yet, the Knight still continued to breath and live the Taixuan Blade Heart. It was the foundation of his bladework, despite him never using techniques such as the Taixuan thrust and Edge of Taixuan. Perceval watched as the blood slowly started to stop: Tahlia must closed the arteries that spilled blood from her arm and leg. "Ah... Well done. My master would be proud of you were she here..." He said, referring to Fu Hua.

It was a shame, but she wouldn't be joining them. The once immortal Phoenix had returned to Shenzhou to protect her homeland because Shicksal was focused on the Herrscher, promising to be there with the warriors in spirit.

"I am indeed proud of your student, Perceval. You make an excellent master."

His skin crawled and the hair on the back of his neck stood up on end, the Knight slowly turned to see the person of which he spoke. Fu Hua's hair was blinding white with a red-winged feather set in her hair: complimenting her eyes that spoke of celestial fire. She wore a white and black traditional Chinese dress with black and gold boots, the Grips of Taixuan adorning her arms. The Phoenix smiled softly and nodded her head towards the Knight, pride welling up in her gaze. "You've taught her well, Perceval."

"Hua..."

Gesturing to the hall behind her, Hua smiled softly at the Knight while placing her other hand on her hip. "The War Council wants to speak with you. I'll look after Tahlia, since I've been informed of the situation." Her voice spoke with the gentleness he remembered well, but tainted with slight fear. "It's important, Perceval. Really important." 

Perceval picked up Caliburn in its scabbard that lay against the bed, strapping it to his waist tightly and adjusting the crown on his head to stay straight; releasing a bated breath from his lips. "Right..." He whispered softly, turning to face the hallway but looked back to Hua with a genuine, but soft, smile. "She's my greatest student, Hua. She could learn a lot from you." Finishing, the Knight walked through the open sliding door before it closed behind him with a mechanical hiss: leaving Fu Hua and Tahlia to themselves.