Act 20: Consequence

5AM: Durandal's Room, Shicksal HQ

The alarm set to the headset rung loudly in Perceval's ear, he stopped it and groaned lightly. It was still dark out, Durandal had Perceval tightly wrapped in her grasp. He had barely gotten any sleep. Combined with both his nightmare and their actions the previous night, he had become extremely groggy. But he had to leave. If he stayed here any longer, he'd be put to death by Shicksal. He lightly shook the Valkyrie. "Bianka... Bianka... It's time for me to go." His voice was but a whisper, she turned over and faced Perceval with a sad expression. "It's that time already?" He nodded and she hugged him tighter. "Alright... But we should clean up first." They climbed out of bed and made their way over to the shower; Perceval turned the hot water on and stepped in. Durandal stepped in afterwards, their bodies pressed against each other in order to fit under the showerhead. After they had thoroughly cleaned themselves, they stepped out and got dressed. Perceval reluctantly slipped on his 'Night Sky' battlesuit and clipped Thanatos in its scabbard to his hip, Durandal put on her 'Bright Knight: Excelsis' battlesuit and stowed her lance on her back. They turned to each other and solemnly nodded, they quietly walked to the hangar. Perceval reached for Durandal's hand and intertwined his fingers with hers. As they reached the jet filled hangar, the room was lit by the faint amount of moonlight that remained in the sky. Perceval overlooked the cloudy navy coloured sky, he sighed heavily and turned to face Durandal. "It's... It's time..." The Valkyrie turned and took hold of his other hand. "I know... It's just..." Perceval looked into her sapphire eyes. "It hurts me to have to leave like this..." Durandal leaned against his chest. "We'll see each other again. I know we will." Perceval's hands trembled. "I-I know..." She looked up at him and noticed tears rolling down his face. "S-Sorry... I-I'm just so conflicted..." Durandal began to cry as well. "I-I love you, Perceval." He closed his eyes and turned his head away, his tears hit the steel floor with several small thuds. "I... I-I love you too, Bianka." She placed a hand on his cheek and turned his face back to face her, his eyes darted away from her. "I-I'm sorry Bianka..." Durandal shook her head. "Don't be. Just remember..." She placed her other hand on his other cheek. "I... I will always love you, no matter the distance between us..." Perceval sobbed slightly and dropped his head. "I-I... I will... I will remember that..." The two looked deeply into each other's eyes and stood in silence for a moment. Perceval placed his hands on Durandal's cheeks, they leaned in and kissed each other affectionately. Their lips connected for as long as they could manage, when the need to breath arose, they broke away and took large breaths. They kissed again, savouring each moment they had connected with each other. They broke away once more and Perceval unwrapped himself from Durandal's grasp. He smiled at her emptily before turning to face the edge of the hangar. "I love you..." She smiled lightly back at him. "I love you too..." Perceval ignited his turbojets and ran off the edge before launching into the distance as a streak of orange. Durandal covered her hand with her mouth as she cried. She sobbed and didn't bother to wipe the tears from her face. Perceval's hair rippled in the wind; his vision blurred as it filled with tears that blew away from his eyes as he flew. He sobbed violently, causing his flight path to waver slightly. "D-Damn it..." He moved to wipe the tears from his eyes, but he didn't notice the change of his direction until he crashed headfirst into a hill of sand in a ruined city. His turbojets fizzled and his eyes stung with incredible pain. He pulled his head out of the sand and sat up on his knees, as he held his head in his hands, he felt himself gagging. He calmed his breathing but found himself thinking of his last moments with Durandal. Perceval broke, he let himself cry with no restraint. But this time, not onto the shoulder of his beloved. It made the feeling even worse, he fell forwards onto his hands and screamed with pure sadness littering his voice. How far he had fallen, the proud Knight of Shicksal, reduced to a wreck of a broken man in a ruined cityscape, far beyond the reach of his Darling Durandal. No-one heard his cries, no-one heard his screams and certainly no-one was there to comfort him. For the first time since his parents' death, Perceval Avlonia was all alone.