Act 18: Search

9PM: Durandal's Room, Shicksal HQ

Durandal held Perceval tightly to her chest, she had looked into his mind while he slept two days ago. She had seen the nightmares of his parents' deaths, the pain it caused him and how he dealt with it. The Valkyrie had never seen someone go through so much suffering before, let alone the person she adored the most in the world. Perceval always smiled and laughed, but under that skin of his laid incredible amounts of trauma that had broken his mind so many times over. Durandal felt her chest tighten up, to see the man she loved, suffering while she was powerless to stop it was pure agony. Perceval groaned and tried to turn over in his sleep, the Valkyrie kept him locked in place. "Just rest..." She leaned her chin on his head, the Knight unconsciously put his arms around Durandal. He muttered under his breath while pushing himself further into Durandal's embrace. "Bianka... I cahhmmnnn..." Perceval speech slurred as he pressed his face into Durandal's shoulder, the Valkyrie lightly traced her fingers over his back. "You're so adorable when you're asleep... For once, it looks like you don't have a care in the world..." She whispered softly into his ear, causing his hair to stand on end. Durandal smiled and put her hands around his waist. "You don't have to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders, I'm here to share that burden with you..." She kissed him lightly on the head. "Remember: I'll protect you for as long as I live... I love you, Perceval." The Knight turned over in Durandal's grasp, his eyes lightly fluttering open. "Mhmmn... Bianka..." His voice was slightly sluggish, his eyelids sagged heavily. Durandal smiled softly. "Perceval, are you sleeping well?" Perceval lightly rubbed his eyes. "Yeah... I'm sleeping really good." He moved his arms up around the Valkyrie's neck, softly ruffling her hair. "Heh, you look so cute when your hair is messy." Durandal chuckled. "I like my hair better when it's neat." Perceval brought his hand to Durandal's cheek. "Likewise. But it's nice to see how you look fresh from a good night's sleep." He gave the Valkyrie a quick kiss on the lips and pulled her closer to him, as they broke away Durandal forced her lips against his, keeping him locked in a longer, more passionate kiss. Perceval placed his other hand on Durandal's back and caressed her, the Valkyrie pulled away from Perceval's lips and leaned her forehead on his. "I love you Perceval." The Knight smiled and chuckled lightly. "I love you too Bianka." The two leaned forward and kissed, during their exchange, Perceval's phone began to ring. The Knight pulled away and sighed.. "Give me a moment." Perceval bitterly picked up the phone and put it to his ear. "Perceval responding." Theresa's voice crackled through the earpiece. "Perceval, this is important. Is anyone else around you?" The Knight turned to Durandal, the Valkyrie nodded and Perceval returned to the call. "No, I'm alone right now." Theresa's voice was slightly dampened by the static of whatever dark age communicator she was using. "We have a lead: Kiana is in ARC City." The Knight sat up with haste. "Where?" Theresa sighed sadly "We don't know exactly. Mei, Bronya, and I are going to get some intel from someone called Grey Serpent." Perceval's blood ran cold, his hair stood on end and his face turned pale. Theresa noted the odd silence. "Perceval?" The Knight shuddered. "Theresa, you have to stay away from that man." Perceval's voice was firm, the Principal was clearly shocked. "What do you mean? He has info on Kiana, we have to take a chance on him!" Perceval stood up. "You can't Theresa! You don't understand the connections he has, who he works for! Listen to me, Grey Serpent is dangerous! He works for-" The call ended, Perceval pulled the phone away and snarled. "Shit! Damn it Theresa!" Durandal's expression was worrying. "Theresa? What trouble is she getting into this time?" Perceval turned slowly. "She's dealing with Grey Serpent. Apparently he has info on Kiana." The Valkyrie frowned. "She's dealing with the World Serpent?" The Knight shook his head. "Theresa doesn't know that yet, but she has to." Perceval unwrapped himself from the bedsheets and stood up. "I have to find her, stop her from talking with Grey Serpent and find Kiana." He chuckled. "And I thought my mission would be easy today." Durandal smiled lightly. "It never is." Perceval nodded. "We'll save this for another time." The Valkyrie stood up and pecked Perceval on the cheek. "We will. I'll also be out on a mission today." The two quickly kissed each other and got into their battlesuits, as Perceval clipped Thanatos to his hip, his ears rang lightly.