When A Stranger Calls

"I need to tell you guys something but you can't tell anyone else. Not Veronica, not Jughead, not your dad. No one. Promise me?" Betty said to Archie and Lexy as the three of them walked to school.

"Yeah, we promise." Archie answered on behalf of both of them.

"The Black Hood called me." She said.

Lexy and Archie stopped walking and stared at one another in shock.

"What?" Lexy asked.

"No keep walking!" Betty said.

"Wait the Black Hood called you?" Archie asked.

"Yes and it's risky for me to even be telling you guys but we're best friends and we live right next door to each other so us walking to school together would look perfectly normal to anyone who might be watching... including him."

"You think he's watching us?" Lexy asked warily.

"I don't know, he could be. I know it sounds crazy but it was him." Betty said.

***

"You definitely made a lasting impression on the Serpents." Toni laughed.

The two girls were sitting in Toni's trailer sipping milkshakes from Pop's.

"What do you mean?" Lexy asked.

"Last night. When they came to your house. They were quiet astonished by how protective of the Southside you were."

Lexy rolled her eyes and smiled.

"My brother's an idiot. He deserved everything I said to him."

"Did you really yell for the Black Hood to come after you?"

"It wasn't as dramatic as it sounds." Lexy laughed.

"Whatever. They definitely won't be forgetting your face anytime soon."

***

The Black Hood had been calling Betty for the past few days. Lexy was with her every time he had a request to make. Between being forced to publish her mother's mugshot, breaking up with Jughead and cutting off Veronica, Betty was feeling pretty broken. But she was lucky enough to have Lexy there to be her shoulder to cry on.

Right now, the two girls were at the Pembrooke after Archie called them. Apparently, Veronica's old friend from New York, Nick St.Claire roofed Cheryl and tried to rape her. The Pussycats and Veronica saved her however.

Cheryl was on Veronica's bed, her head resting on Lexy's lap as she balled her eyes out. Lexy rubbed her arm softly and repeatedly told her she was safe now.

Cheryl had always felt like she had no choice but to be strong. But around Lexy, she never felt judged or hated. She knew she could trust her with her life. It was one of the things she loved about Lexy.