Nighthawks

"It's because of what happened to my Dad. People are freaking out. And I gotta be honest guys, I don't see myself going back there anytime soon." Archie said.

Archie, Jughead, Betty, Veronica and Lexy were currently talking about the closing of their beloved Pop's Choc-Litte Shop. Lexy gave her brother a death stare from across the lunch table as he talked about never returning to such an important monument of their childhood.

"Arch, I mean this in the nicest way possible... you need to get a spine. You're seriously gonna let some psycho with a gun scare you away from our favorite place in the world? That's exactly what keeps these guys going. Fear, and this town is giving it to him. Well not me." Lexy ranted.

"I agree with Lexy. Jug, you went crazy trying to save the drive-in." Betty chimed in.

"I can't take on anymore social issues right now." Jughead argued.

"With your dad, of course. And he should be your priority." Betty looked across the table to Lexy who was already sharing her mischievous smirk. "We can take point on helping Pop Tate."

"I'll help too. Anything to get away from my parents." Veronica added.

"Another B and V team up." Jughead narrated.

"Featuring Lexy." Lexy added.

"They should really make a video game about you guys."

***

Archie stormed out of the classroom. Principal Weatherbee had just broken the news to the class that Ms. Grundy, former Riverdale High music teacher, had just been murdered in her home in Greendale. After their relationship, if you could even call it that, and after his dad getting shot, Lexy knew Archie would take this hard. She stood up from her desk and made her way to the top of the classroom. She stopped in front of the principal and raised her eyebrows as if to ask 'may I?' although he knew she was going to follow her brother no matter what. He gestured for her to leave.

She followed the sound of Archie's faint footsteps all the way to the boy's toilets. She creaked open the door to see her brother leaning on the sink in tears. He looked up when he heard the door opening. She gave him a sympathetic look before pulling him into a hug. He leaned his head on her shoulder and let her hold him for a while.

***

Lexy ran downstairs after hearing what sounded like a fight outside. She opened the back door to see Archie and Reggie, both panting on the ground and Archie holding a hood.

"You've lost it Andrews." Reggie heaved.

"You're the one here wearing this hood!" Archie shot back.

Lexy gave Reggie a death glare after hearing that sentence. His timing had never been great, but coming by their house wearing a hood after their dad had just been shot by someone wearing a hood? That's just messed up.

"It's called a prank. I didn't expect you to attack me." Reggie said to Archie.

"Reg, I mean this in the nicest way possible... you're an idiot." Lexy stated.

Reggie had a guilty look on his face but ignored her. "What if I had been the guy? You would've just tackled him?"

"Yeah." Archie replied honestly.

"He has a gun Andrews. He's shot people. Only a dumbass lunatic brings a baseball bat to a gunfight."

Reggie wasn't wrong. But Lexy wasn't about to admit that. Instead, she took her coin out of her pocket and flicked it at Reggie's head. He flinched, but laughed it off.