25. You want me to shut you up?

Hongjoong messaged his uncle that he was going to sleepover at Mingi's on their way back home, and before he knew it, Seonghwa parked in his driveway.

"Your mum's not home?" He asked noticing how all the lights were turned off.

"She has a night." The older replied almost automatically and Hongjoong nodded. "She's probably getting off at 6 today? Not sure, but her shift started like 15 minutes ago." He continued as they walked into the house. Hongjoong glanced at the clock realising it's just a bit past 9pm and he internally felt bad for the woman who had just started a 9 hours long shift.

"I hope she'll get some rest tomorrow." He murmured while they were making their way upstairs.

Seonghwa didn't say anything in response, but as soon as they walked into his room the boy threw himself onto the bed. The younger shook his head and headed towards the chair by the desk.

"What are you doing?" Seonghwa frowned at him, lifting himself up on his elbows. "Get in here, we're cuddling." He demanded nodding at the free space beside him on the mattress. Hongjoong rolled his eyes but stood up and made his way to the bed anyway, quickly settling down beside the older.

"You know I don't really like cuddles." He reminded when Seonghwa wrapped his arms around his waist and pulled his onto his chest.

"I know but I'd rather have it my way." He smirked giving his waist a firmer squeeze.

"And what gives you the power to do so?" Hongjoong teased, raising an eyebrow at the latter. Seonghwa kept his gaze, not budging for the slightest second as one of the corners of his lips went up. The younger's grin faded as soon as he noticed the switch, but before he could react and try to escape, Seonghwa already had him trapped underneath him, pinning him do the mattress by his waists.

"That reminds me, I was meant to reward you for being brave today, right?" He smirked breathing onto Hongjoong's neck and the younger winced.

"I don't need your rewards." Hongjoong rolled his eyes but wrapped his arms around Seonghwa's neck anyway, subconsciously pulling him closer.

"But I need you." The older murmured into his neck and laid down flat on the latter's body snuggling closer to him. Hongjoong sighed and immediate started playing with his hair, gently stroking the dark strands and humming under his nose. He was pretty sure Seonghwa was falling asleep after a few minutes of the comforting silence, while he was deep in thoughts with furrowed eyebrows.

"Seonghwa?" He asked softly and the older slightly opened his eyes and glanced at him. "Are you gonna be okay?" He whispered holding the eye contact. His mind involuntary went back to his previous conversation with Yunho and he couldn't help but also get worried that Seonghwa wouldn't deal well with him going back to Seoul.

Hongjoong knew already that he definitely wouldn't be fine after returning home.

"What do you mean? I'm perfectly fine." The corner of his lips went up and he snuggled his cheek into Hongjoong's neck. The younger bit his bottom lip and stayed quiet.

"I don't want you to be sad again." He mumbled again after a moment and this time Seonghwa finally moved to get up. He hovered over Hongjoong with a frown and titled his head. "I'm worried you'll get back to the dark place." He added in a small whisper. "Yunho told me you felt really bad after your dad-"

"Well, you're not my dad, are you?" Seonghwa clicked his tongue and Hongjoong grimaced.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it like that, I'm just-"

"Hongjoong." The older sighed, quickly changing his position to sitting, and the latter copied him. "Well, obviously I'll miss you. But right now you're here and I don't want you to worry your pretty little head with some dumb trifle like that."