9. Are they a thing?

Hongjoong was incredibly hot.

He clenched his eyes, slowly waking up, when he felt the unreasonable heat surrounding him. Well, that, and the fact that he couldn't move.

He opened his eyes confused and almost had a heart attack when he realised he wasn't at his bedroom at the Jungs. Memories from the last night filled his head when he felt another light tug and he looked down, seeing Seonghwa's arm wrapped tightly around his waist, pressing Hongjoong's back into the his chest. He was breathing hot air down the younger's neck and he cringed, feeling uncomfortable because of the heat. It was also probably around 30 degrees outside, so Seonghwa squeezing him was definitely not helping.

"Seonghwa." He started quietly, gently trying to get out of his arms but failed miserably when the older nuzzled Hongjoong's cheek and threw one leg over the smaller's frame. "Seonghwa please, I'm dying here." Hongjoong cried out, feeling more awake now. He huffed while grabbing the taller's arms and trying to open them so he could escape.

"You don't like cuddles after waking up?" Seonghwa's morning voice sent a shiver down Hongjoong's spine and he froze instantly.

"I don't like feeling like I'm suffocating. And you being all over me is the kind of skinship I'll never get used to." Hongjoong explained, returning to his attempt of unwrapping Seonghwa's hands. The older didn't comply as he only pulled the younger closer, if that was even possible, and clicked his tongue.

"But I love morning cuddles." He mumbled and pressed his cheek to Hongjoong's head. "So what are we gonna do? We need to find a compromise." Hongjoong saw the older smile in the corner of his eye.

"It's so hot and tight and uncomfortable. You sure you don't just want a body pillow?" Hongjoong described his point of view and his hatred towards skinship, finally giving up trying to get Seonghwa off.

"But a body pillow doesn't make those funny sounds." The older giggled and pecked Hongjoong's temple, making him flinch. "Cute."

"Me suffering is cute?" Hongjoong complained feeling like he was about to loose his patience and kick Seonghwa off.

He would get physical if he needed to.

"You're not suffering though, people would pay me to hug them. Wooyoung did. Once." Hongjoong rolled his eyes.

"Can you let go?" He pleaded and the older finally did so, seeming to be still half asleep as he turned on his other side, with his eyes closed at all times.

Hongjoong took a deep breath trying to calm his pounding heart. He made an attempt to stand up from the bed but his legs got tangled up and he fell on the floor.

"Are you okay?" Seonghwa laughed, finally opening his eyes and looking down at him.

"Shit happens." The younger murmured slowly trying to lift himself up. He stopped when his eyes met a shape similar to a guitar under the bed. "You play?" He raised his eyebrows and reached for the instrument. Hongjoong stood up with the black acoustic guitar in his hands and noticed it was covered in dust, like it haven't been used in a long time. Seonghwa locked his gaze on the instruments not saying anything. "Can I play something on it?" Hongjoong smiled enthusiastically, getting rid of the dust with his hand. Seonghwa was quiet for a minute, watching the instrument with an unreadable expression.

"That's... Um, okay." He said quietly after leaning on the backrest and watching the younger in front of him. Hongjoong noticed his blank expression and wondered if the older was still in the middle of the process of waking up properly.

Hongjoong sat down on the chair by the desk and quickly tuned the guitar with skill. When he deemed it to sound good enough he started playing some chords not really thinking much about it. Seonghwa never dropped his gaze, staring at Hongjoong's fingers all the time.