8. Wanna stay over tonight?

During the third week of Hongjoong's stay at the Jungs', it was incredibly hot. He had spend Saturday and Sunday in his room, avoiding going out at all costs, and only on Monday, when Wooyoung told him that they're planning on going to the beach, he got excited deeming it a good idea.

He had been at the beach only twice in his lifetime, one time when he was a child with his parents, and another during the party a few weeks ago. But what he remembered from his childhood memories, he absolutely loved the sea breeze and regretted that his parents never took him there anymore.

The group went to the beach with two cars, Hongjoong got into Mingi's one along with Jongho and Yeosang, while the rest drove with Seonghwa. They all met at the parking lot a little bit before 11 am and quickly found some space on the sand, not so far from the water. They all sat down on their towels and Hongjoong smiled, closing his eyes and feeling the breeze gently brushing his face. It was still incredibly hot but the moist air immediately helped with the heat.

The teenager looked around seeing the group taking off their shirts and putting on sunscreen and finally, feeling a bit self-aware, he also took his T-shirt off, immediately hugging his knees to his chest.

"Put on sunscreen, Hongjoong." Wooyoung threw a small bottle at him and he nodded, complying.

Everyone was quick to get to the water, while Hongjoong stayed on his tower and put his earphones in. He closed his eyes and laid down on his back, enjoying the sun, when suddenly a shadow hovered over him. He opened one eye and rested his hand on his forehead to prevent himself from getting blinded.

Hongjoong noticed Seonghwa standing above him only in his swimming shorts and a pair of sunglasses. His hair was partially slicked back and his piercings glistened in the sun. Hongjoong took out one of his earphones, raising an eyebrow at the older.

"Do my back." Seonghwa dropped a tube of sunscreen on his stomach and Hongjoong groaned at the impact, quickly raising to a sitting position. The older laid down on his stomach next to the younger and Hongjoong squeezed some of the cream onto his hand. He started to gently spread the sunscreen on the older's back, tracing his tattoos.

"Does this one have a meaning?" Hongjoong found himself asking while his fingers brushed past the semicolon with a music note on Seonghwa's nape. The design had always seemed more deep to him.

"Huh?"

"The tattoo." seonghwa didn't say anything for a minute, turning his head to look at the younger and rose his sunglasses, placing them on top of his head.

"It does." He nodded but before Hongjoong could ask about it, Seonghwa changed the topic. "Aren't you going to swim with everyone? It's super hot."

"Uh... Maybe later?" His voice exposed his doubt and Seonghwa scrunched his nose.

"Come on, we're having fun." He rose to his feet and pulled Hongjoong up by his elbow. Hongjoong let Seonghwa drag him to the water and they slowly walked in. The older released his elbow and basically threw himself at the upcoming waves. He swam until only his head reached above the water level and turned back to Hongjoong. "What are you waiting for?"

"I'm... fine here." He gulped, the water was reaching only up to his knees. Seonghwa titled his head and his face brightened up with realisation. He quickly returned to Hongjoong and stopped in front of him, droplets falling off of his body.

"Can you swim, Joong?" He asked with a small smile and the younger turned his head rightward, embarrassed. He did not want to be laughed at for something as stupid as that.

"I do." He mumbled, crossing his arms on his chest, starting to grow uncomfortable without a shirt under Seonghwa's gaze.

"Oh yeah? Show me then." The older grinned and Hongjoong gulped, nodding. He took another step deeper into the sea but stopped when a big wave hit his stomach. "Give up yet?" Hongjoong huffed at Seonghwa's words and took another step, suddenly feeling the ground disappear under his feet and he yelped backing away. "You're so stubborn." Seonghwa appeared right behind him, shaking his head. The younger refused to look at him, pouting slightly. "It suddenly gets deep here, so watch out." He passed him and took another step, Hongjoong immediately noticing how the water immediately grew up to just below his shoulders.