21. I'm leaving in about 2 weeks.

Days had been passing and neither Hongjoong nor Seonghwa contacted each other. It was already Friday evening and the younger found himself glancing out of his window every few minutes, trying to see whether Seonghwa had returned from his dad's yet.

Hongjoong wanted to call him, he really did. He'd spend his days staring at the older's phone contact on his screen until it eventually went black due to the battery dying.

The main problem seemed to be what he was going to say. Hongjoong had no idea how to start the conversation, approach the topic of the fight yet again, nor how to properly apologise and - finally - ask about the sudden confession on Seonghwa's side.

There was just so much to grasp and he had no clue where to even begin, getting overwhelmed by the seconds.

Was it even okay to talk it over the phone?

He wondered, being glad that he had at least had so much common sense not to even dare to send a message, knowing all too well that those topics were not to be faced through empty texts.

"What are you gonna wear tomorrow?" Wooyoung asked plopping down onto his bed.

"Huh?" Hongjoong turned away from the window, confused by the sudden presence of his cousin. "Oh." His tensed shoulders dropped remembering that tomorrow was Mingi's birthday party. "Well, it's a family and friends thing so probably nothing special." He shrugged, glancing back at Seonghwa's house for the last time, before sitting beside Wooyoung disappointed.

"I was thinking the same." The younger laid on his back, spreading his arms on the whole length of the mattress. "Can you do my make-up though? Your eyeliner lines are much straighter than mine." He pouted and Hongjoong nodded, smiling down at the teenager. "Are you nervous?"

"Why?" Hongjoong raised his eyebrows thrown off by the sudden question.

"You know, you didn't leave the house in almost a week. San and Jongho were asking me about you. And Yeosang." Wooyoung explained nonchalantly.

"Oh. Not really? I was sick." Hongjoong shrugged, ignoring Wooyoung's doubtful look. "I'm more nervous about Seonghwa." He sighed, deeming it a good thing to actually share his worries for once. "He's still not back, right?" The older wondered, hoping that he didn't just simply miss the time Seonghwa would get home.

"I don't think so... Wasn't he supposed to get back today?" Hongjoong only nodded, chewing on his bottom lip. "Weird. Do you think he'll come to the party? It is Mingi's birthday after all and I'm not sure if they've made up or their conflict had gotten worse..?" Wooyoung rambled on and Hongjoong found himself only able to barely shrug, also not knowing the answer.

Did anyone contacted Seonghwa at all? Was he even reachable?

Hongjoong got lost in his head, recalling that Yunho couldn't get in touch with the older according to Wooyoung. Then his mind got flooded with the scary idea that even if he did try to call Seonghwa, would the older even answer?

What if he didn't want to talk to him? Hear him out?

What if he was too mad and Hongjoong will never see him again, because the older will avoid him?

What if Seonghwa hated him?

"Hey, stop stressing." Wooyoung poked his cheek, and Hongjoong stared at him with widened eyes. "It's gonna be okay. Think of what to say instead of when to say it. The occasion will come to you naturally." The younger sent him a reassuring smile, but Hongjoong only gulped, turning his face back towards the window and staring longingly at Seonghwa's dark room.

"I have no idea what to say." He admitted, pouting as he still couldn't see any movement in the house across the street.

"Maybe try writing it down first?" Wooyoung suggested, and Hongjoong found himself actually considering it, no mater how stupid it sounded.