18. Did you fall for him?

"You suck." Hongjoong laughed loudly, turning the toy wheel in front of him once again.

"Shut up." Frustrated Seonghwa was sitting next to him, struggling with turning his own virtual vehicle on the screen. They were playing some games in the arcade area, and it soon turned out Hongjoong's competitiveness had no mercy for the older.

He turned the wheel again and cheered when he won the race, hearing Seonghwa huff beside him.

"Whatever." The older mumbled and Hongjoong stood up giggling.

"What a sore loser." He rolled his eyes, and Seonghwa also got up, glaring daggers at the younger. "What?" Hongjoong crossed his arms defensively, playful smile still on his face.

"I will shut you up one way or another." Seonghwa said seriously, and the younger slowly dropped his arms, parting his lips.

How does one even react to that?

"I'd like to see you try." He snorted, but his smile quickly faded when Seonghwa only traced his bottom lip with his piercing and took one step closer to the younger. "I'll go and get us some drinks." He turned to walk away, but the older grabbed his wrist, pulling him closer.

"Running away?" He raised an eyebrow, a victorious smirk now present on his face.

"Uh, no." Hongjoong stuttered and looked around.

He quickly noticed that this area of the festival was most likely more suitable for kids and younger teenagers, considering how it was styled. But since it was already past 1 am, there were barely any people here, except from a few middle schoolers in the far corner playing air hockey and paying them absolutely no mind.

"I'm thirsty." He added, gulping. Seonghwa basically cornered him between his body, and the side of the arcade machine, successfully blocking off any way of escape.

"Yeah, me too." Seonghwa's gaze was glued to his lips, and the younger wondered if he should just kiss him himself. That's what the taller wanted, right? And he was also fine with that, additionally if he were to one to initiate the kiss, he would have somehow the control over it.

He quickly made up his mind and glanced up, smiling involuntarily seeing the older's glistening gaze. The purple, blue and red LED lights from all around them were softly lighting up Seonghwa's face and Hongjoong couldn't help but think that he really wanted to kiss him.

He pulled his wrist out of the older's grip and licked his lips for the last time, before raising onto his tiptoes and gently kissing Seonghwa. The older immediately returned it, causing Hongjoong to smile into the kiss and cup his face.

Suddenly his back was pressed into the side of the machine, and Seonghwa's hands made sure to keep his hips attached to the wall behind him. Hongjoong didn't expect the sudden turn of events, and gasped at the contact with the cold metal.

"That's rather harsh, don't you think?" He huffed while panting, as soon as Seonghwa pulled a few centimetres away, and looked the younger up and down. He smirked and shrugged, giving his sides a squeeze.

"You started it."

"God forbid me from giving you one innocent kiss." He rolled his eyes and Seonghwa raised one eyebrow, straightening his back and staring down at the younger.

"I really liked it."

"Oh, thanks for letting me know, I wouldn't have figured it out otherwise." Hongjoong mumbled, mocking him. He didn't knowre his courage came from, maybe it was still the adrenaline from the game they were just playing, but he allowed himself to be playful around Seonghwa and laughed again when the older scrunched his face in offence.