20. I just need some time.

"So. Where were you last night?" Hongjoong glanced up at Wooyoung. They were sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast, when the younger started talking as soon as his parents and Kyungmin had left the room.

"Sorry?" Hongjoong raised his eyebrows, anxiety immediately filling his stomach.

"You were at Seonghwa's." He stated and Hongjoong dropped his eyes to the smoothie in front of him, swirling the straw inside of the glass. "I told you to-"

"Wooyoung, respectfully, you have no say in my decisions and what I do." The older murmured, finding himself getting irritated.

"But I'm trying to prevent something here." Wooyoung insisted, leaning on the backrest with a huff.

"We talked, and everything is fine." Hongjoong finally met his gaze and gulped, seeing Wooyoung's serious expression. He expected the younger to throw another tantrum and be all emotional, but he seemed really concerned and worried instead.

"Oh, so you just talked?" Hongjoong didn't answer, being painfully aware of his cousin's eyes falling to the new hickey on his neck. "Joong, did he tell you he'll be with you?" Wooyoung sighed and the older stayed quiet for a moment.

"He said that-"

"Did he say he'll be with you?" Woooung repeated firmly, interrupting him. Hongjoong carefully recalled everything that had happened last night and chewed on his bottom lip, slowly shaking his head. "So, you talked and you're fine with him breaking you apart in the end of the summer?"

"He won't-" Hongjoong frowned, growing angry  again. "I don't know what will happen by the end of the summer, but I won't be heartbroken." He said, ignoring the big lump forming in the back of his throat.

"Okay. And him?" Wooyoung's expression softened as he raised an eyebrow at the older.

"What about him?"

"How will he deal with you leaving?" Hongjoong didn't say anything, dumbly blinking at the younger. Wooyoung clicked his tongue and looked away. "Look, I know I was pretty offensive on Friday, I'm sorry. But... Ugh." He was clearly struggling with choosing the right words, but Hongjoong waited patiently. "I'm happy for you guys, I really am. Seonghwa seems to be... happy? Fuck, I don't know. But you don't know... things... Ugh, you just don't! And he won't tell you." Wooyoung pouted frustrated.

"What things? God, is it about the fight again?" Hongjoong almost rolled his eyes.

"It's about what he told Mingi." Wooyoung grimaced.

"You're making him out to be some complete monster, Wooyoung." Hongjoong crossed his arms, glaring at his cousin. "Don't you think you're being really unfair? All you do is judge him and-"

"Hongjoong, respectfully, I know him better than you do."

"No, you know him longer than I do." The older hissed, correcting the teenager in front of him. "Do any of you have any idea how much he's actually been through? He needs support and I want to give it to him and he's actually nice and-"

"I know you have a crush, but-"

"Can you stop acting like you know fucking everything?" Hongjoong huffed, his eyebrows growing together in annoyance.

"You know what I do know for a fact?" Wooyoung quickly stood up, loudly pushing the wooden chair back. Hongjoong swallowed hard, seeing pure anger in his cousin's eyes. "Seonghwa doesn't do relationships, and whatever the fuck he had told you - until he apologises to Mingi, I will never believe he's being serious about you."

Hongjoong tried opening and closing his mouth a few times in an attempt at replying, but he found himself to be too shocked at the sudden raised volume of Wooyoung's voice. The older followed his cousin with his eyes as the teenager stomped out of the kitchen, mumbling something under his nose.