untold

By xella_writesx

"Iᴛs ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɢᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴏɴᴛ ʙᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴍᴜsᴛ ɢᴏ ᴏɴ" -- CO... More

AUTHORS NOTE
CHARACTERS
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
CHARACTERS
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FOURTY
FOURTY ONE
FOURTY TWO
FOURTY THREE
FOURTY FOUR
FOURTY FIVE
FOURTY SIX
FOURTY SEVEN
FOURTY EIGHT
FOURTY NINE
FIFTY
AUTHORS NOTE

ZERO

13.9K 281 78
By xella_writesx

Even the most normal days can have the biggest twists to them, that's the scariest part about life, not being what's in it but what can happen, whenever. Its like a jump scare, it just comes out at you before you're able to have any time to process what's happening, and by the time you do you have already moved on, everything is over.

TWO YEARS AGO

I HAVE NEVER BEEN more excited to get to lunch, because lunch means almost the end of the day and everyone loves that feeling. I take my normal spot, which is between my two friends, Layla and Maddie.

Our relationship is weird because I know they would always chose each other over me, I always get the feeling that there just friends with me because of pity, but I won't say anything to them or else I might just be all alone.

"This weekend is going to be so much fun!" Layla gushed, as she moved her lunch tray to the side.

"I know, i'm so excited!" Maddie replied, I had no mind in asking what they were talking about, because it didn't concern me, I wasn't invited.

Every time something like this happens my entire body tries to not feel the aching sensation, tries not to feel the hurt, but it does no matter what. No matter how many times I get left out the same feeling stings my entire body, and its a feeling I want so badly to get rid of.

Lunch is always a confusing time because it goes by so quickly, me barley even having time to finish my lunch before i'm forced to throw it away and go to my next class. My two friends have already wondered off to there next class which they always walk each other to.

My art class was always fun, not because I enjoyed to art I can reassure you that if definitely not the case, but because the teacher is nice and lets us so whatever we want the entire time.

Obviously there are kids in here who take art as a passion and help themselves to supplies and there creativity the entire hour, though I'm definitely not one of those kids. The phone's quiet ring was heard from my teachers desk, I was barely managing to hear it from my seat in the back.

"Hello, this is Mrs. Carter," The teacher answered, not taking her eyes away from the many pieces of art she had just been looking at. After many mumbles, and hums she finally looks at up and around the room, looking for someone.

"Ah! Isabella you are needed in the main office, you will be leaving," She beamed, showing off her very white teeth. Confused I stood up grabbing my few supplies I brought before walking slowly out of the classroom where I took a stop at my locker to grab my backpack on the way out.

My feet made its way to the office, it felt like someone head tied heavy weights on them making my feet drag against the floor. You could see two police officers though the windows of the office, making me instantly try and think of everything I had done, making sure none of it had been illegal.

I was a good kid though, so there wasn't really much to think about. Well I guess I might have took a pen from my math teacher, but that about the extent of things I have done. The door creaked open as my hand pushed on the handle, everyone in the room looked at me. Including one of the kids sitting there, i'm guessing waiting for someone to pick him up.

Both officers looked at me before the man ushered me though the hall and into a small empty room, the air was tense as the three of us all were in there, we all took a seat before someone finally spoke up.

"I'm so sorry to tell you this but your mother has vanished at sea, and there is not a lot of evidence to believe she has made it. I'm so sorry. We aren't yet ruling out the fact that she's alive, but it's really not looking good, hun," Her voice was gentle as she explained to me.

My entire body felt numb, like it had managed to turn into jello in a matter of seconds now dripping down the chair and forming a puddle on the floor. It was all unreal, there was no chance that this is what happened, I knew my mom, and I knew that vanishing at sea would be the last way she would ever vanish.

"Are you sure that's what happened?" My voice broke out, trying to swallow back the lump in my throat.

"Sadly yes, someone was on a radio with her as she was explaining the terrible weathers that came in unexpectedly, but then they lost signal. We're guessing the storm took down the boat, we want to send people searching where she was when we know it's completely safe," This time it was the man that spoke, his tone was much more straight forward, and much less sweet and kind.

"Your dad is still at home, we're going to bring you over there now. He might want some company," She gave me a small smile before pushing her chair out and standing up, the other guy and I both mimicked her movements.

Once again the weights returned as we walked though the hall, where the receptionist gave me a sad look, and as we walked out of the school and to the police can that was parked in the parking lot. We rode in complete silence the entire way, only quite whispers were heard every now and them from the from seat.

UNTOLD

I have been home for a little more than an hour and my dad has been camping out in his bedroom just as I had been doing in mine. We crossed paths once when I first arrived home, I stood in silence as him and the police officers exchanged a few words before he shut the door and turned back inside.

"Its going to be ok," He told me, though I could tell he was trying to reassure himself just as much as he did to me. Thats what he said before he descended back up the stairs where soft cries could be heard from his bedroom. I went to my room before changing and jumping into my bed, putting on a movie though I was paying no attention to it.

More as just staring at the walls, watching them go bright than dark based on what was on my computer screen. It wasn't until later my dad came into my room, placing a soft knock on the door.

"I'm going to go our for a bit, need to clear my head, call if you need anything," Just like that he closed the door and I listened as his footsteps went down the hallway, the stairs, and finally until the reach the from door where he quickly opened and closed it.

UNTOLD

My head was cleared and I managed to sleep until a loud slam was heard from downstairs, I quickly jolted up from my bed and got up. The cold floor chilled my feel but I kept moving until I reached the stairwell, where I peered over the railing to see all the commotion.

My dad was stumbling, loosing his footing every second as he came further and further into the house. I wanted to help, I wanted to tell him that there we so many other things he could do to help ease this pain we were both feeling, but I didn't know what that would be.

I didn't do anything and I was still feeling all the pain, like someone was squeezing my heart and hasn't let go scene the officer told me those chilling words. I sighed and walked back to my bedroom before I buried myself back under the covers, looking at the hallway light the was shining from under my door.

My eyes quickly went back to there tired state, or maybe it was my mind, it was hard to tell. I drowned out all the loud noises from downstairs, and went to sleep.

He just coping, right?

UNTOLD

I hope you have been enjoying so far:)

(1406 words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.2K 44
When Constance Desjardins decides to take her ambitions to the next level by trying out for the Opera Populaire's ballet, she learns of an Opera Ghos...
117K 12.3K 32
Athulya Singhania has spent her entire life in solitude, yearning for the love of a family. Over the years, she mastered the art of concealing her em...
35.6K 2.4K 23
Impressive rankings : #1 ranasa #7 loveaftermarraige #88india #10 royallove #3rana Abhimaan Singh Rathore : A rude , arrogant king of Rajasthan . Col...
12.5K 294 27
13 years ago, 4 year old Valentina Russo was kidnapped from her family sending spiralling as they search the whole world for her. One day, Alexander...