𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝙵𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚜𝚒...

By Shameless_Reads

𝘐𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘳 𝘸𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘬... 𝘐𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘵, 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen

Nine

191 4 0
By Shameless_Reads

▛▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝ ▜

Lucy was terrified. She wasn't sure she was going to make it out of these mines alive or not. The fall had taken so much out of her, she was bleeding, her head was pounding, and her ears were ringing. She just wanted to find Mike, she was scared something may have happened to him or maybe he was trying to find her. Maybe he ran off in fear.

She limped her way to some steps, she looked up at the cliff once more, there was still no sign of Mike. Her only goal now was to get out of here and back to the lodge to warn the others about what was out here. She knew that if Mike was okay, he would find a way out. She felt like she was walking forever as she dragged the whole weight of her own body, which was aching and tender. But, she managed to get up the stairs and back to the level that she had previously fell from. She didn't go in the direction that Mike took off in, rather she went back to where they came in. At least she knew she could navigate her way back to the lodge.

The woods were unforgiving, they were cold, dark, and the snow stuck to her bare skin. She hugged her arms to her chest, trying to stay vigilant. As she got new the lodge, she noticed Chris and Ashley rushing out of a shed. Matt and Emily were just rushing over as well, "Chris, Ashley!" Matt shouted as they ran over.

The woods were unforgiving, they were cold and the snow stuck to her bare skin. She hugged her arms to her chest and she tried to stay vigilant. She followed the path that she knew, she managed to see the cabin in the distance after a while. As she approached she noticed Chris rushing out of a shed with Ashley close to him. Matt and Emily started to rush over to them, "Chris, Ashley!" Matt shouted as they ran over. 

Lucy finally got over to the group that formed, she noticed blood all over Ashley's hoodie, clearly she was shaken up, "What... What is going on? Who's blood is that?" Emily questioned Ashely, that was when she noticed Lucy and how beat up she was, "Lucy? What happened?"

Matt studied the whole group, "Are you okay?" He asked. Ashley was crying and Lucy had no idea how to form a sentence together at the moment, everyone's voices just echoed in her head.

"What happened?" Emily repeated once more, she was still trying to get answers. 

"J... Josh," Chris finally looked over at Emily.

"Josh?" Lucy spoke, her voice was hoarse, her throat was raw from her yelling and screaming.

"He... He's dead."

Lucy's eyes widened, she swore her heart stopped, "What?" She asked, "What the fuck do you mean? He's not dead. No!"

Matt looked at Chris in shock, "Wait, what?"

Chris shook his head, obviously in disbelief, he had no idea what he was supposed to say, "The... There is a maniac," Chris pointed over at the shed.

"Maniac?" She asked as she tried to clear her throat, "Someone took Jessica... Maybe it's the same person... Michael is after them, we lost each other in the mines... I fell down into the deep end of it... What do you mean maniac?" She kept talking as jumbled thoughts came to her mind. She was trying to make sense of it.

Chris was frustrated, "There's a maniac, he was... and there was... There was a saw and it was either Ash or Josh, I didn't know what to do!"

"Oh... Oh god!" Ashley let out a sob. Lucy had to look at the ground as Chris continued to speak.

"Cut right through him and- spilling out fucking everywhere."

Emily took a panicked step backwards, looking paler than she was before, "What?! Oh my god... Chris what?!"

"Is he... Is he in there right now?" Lucy asked Chris who nodded at her, watching as she stumbled back a little. She was struggling to keep a coherent thought in her head.

Matt caught Lucy as she appeared to be falling over, "We're going to figure this out guys, alright?" Matt tried to reassure the group.

Chris started to mumble to himself, "I don't know..."

Emily tried to pull Matt away from the group, "Matt, we need to go get help, now!"

"Em, we should look for the others," Matt said to her, clearly worried. 

"Lucy said Mike was in the mines, and who knows where Sam is," Emily tried to pull him away once again.

"I think she's in the lodge," Chris pointed towards the building. Lucy nodded in agreement, recalling that Sam was going upstairs for a bath earlier.

Emily let out a huff, "Fine, fine... You're right! Get everyone else together, but if there's a maniac running around I think we need to get some help too, right? Not just wait around?"

"But what about..." Matt tried to speak.

"Why are we still talking about this, let's go!" 

Lucy watched as Emily and Matt ran off, she stood there with Chris and Ashley, she wasn't sure what she was going to do, all she knew was that Sam and Mike were out there alone. If there was a maniac, it was possible he found his way into the lodge and was going after Sam. "Come on, we need to get to Sam," They all ran towards the lodge. It was dark inside, it was like no one had even been there. It was quiet and eerie. 

Chris ran up towards the bathroom where Sam was last known to be, but, shortly returned back to the girls when he had no luck finding her, "She wasn't up there?" Ashley questioned him.

"I don't know, I didn't see her... She must have come down here," Chris said to them.

"We haven't seen her either," Lucy mentioned and Ashely nodded in agreement. 

The three of them searched the lodge, looking for any sign of Sam, Ashley walked past a candle, as she did this, it lit by itself, she let out a gasp, "Did that happen?" She asked. 

Lucy turned and looked at the newly lit candle, then at Ashley, "What- what's going on around here?" 

Chris led them to the cinema room, they all were shouting for Sam as they walked in. Ashley quickly stopped in her tracks, "Chris..." She said softly. 

"What?" He looked over at her.

"Chris, I just wanted to say- what happened back there in the shed... I know it was hard... Josh was your friend..." 

Lucy stopped looking around, looking down at her feet, she listened to the pair speak to one another, she felt the dread. It still hadn't hit her that Josh was really dead. She didn't really have a moment to stop and think about it. It was haunting to even think about it. "Ashley, stop it," Chris whispered to her.

"No, I want to say, I mean, thank you for saving my life."

Lucy looked up from the ground and back at Chris and Ashley, she blinked tears from her eyes, Chris just shrugged his shoulders, "What was I gonna do? I couldn't let anything happen to you, I couldn't-"

"Can we try to find Sam?" Lucy cut him off, she didn't want to hear any more about Josh's death. It was dragging her down mentally at the moment, a lot more than how injured she was. 

Chris nodded, "Right, we're finding Sam," He was getting his mind back in the right place. 

The group left the cinema room and the door flew closed behind them, Lucy jumped forward and Ashley let out a shout, "What the heck!" 

Lucy went towards a guest room, she tired to pull the door open, it opened slightly but it slammed closed, "This- this is so fucked up," Lucy said as the doorknob left her fingers. 

As they kept their search going, a door opened by itself in the hall near Ashley, her scream caused Lucy to turn around quickly, Ashley pointed at the door, "Did you see that?" Ashley asked the others. 

"See- see what?" Lucy stepped towards her, Ashely seemed really shaken up.

"That!"

"And what would 'that' be?" 

"It was like- a- a see through shape, like a ghost!" 

Chris walked over, letting out a small chuckle, obviously not convinced, "Oh, boy," He wasn't convinced, Lucy was just clearly confused. 

Ashley turned to face them, trying to keep pushing her point, "I'm serious, guys... Why don't you believe me? I said I saw it, doesn't that count for something?" 

Lucy let out a small sigh, shrugging her shoulders, "We've all been through some shit tonight, Ash... Your mind is probably just all over the place, I don't even trust what I'm seeing..." 

"No, you are wrong, I saw it, I am sure!" 

Chris put his hands up, "Alright, maybe it- maybe you did see something."

The three of them eventually took their search downstairs, that was the only logical place left where Sam could be. None of them would be prepared for what was coming when they got down in there, however. 

▙ ▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▟

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 2.4K 42
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈..." 𝑯𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒖𝒓𝒈𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒔...
35.2K 730 34
"𝘚𝘩𝘦'𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦, 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘐'𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘦"
7K 380 18
𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡.. 𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫�...
215K 4.7K 57
𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰�...