Nine

▛▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝ ▜

Lucy was terrified. She wasn't sure she was going to make it out of these mines alive or not. The fall had taken so much out of her, she was bleeding, her head was pounding, and her ears were ringing. She just wanted to find Mike, she was scared something may have happened to him or maybe he was trying to find her. Maybe he ran off in fear.

She limped her way to some steps, she looked up at the cliff once more, there was still no sign of Mike. Her only goal now was to get out of here and back to the lodge to warn the others about what was out here. She knew that if Mike was okay, he would find a way out. She felt like she was walking forever as she dragged the whole weight of her own body, which was aching and tender. But, she managed to get up the stairs and back to the level that she had previously fell from. She didn't go in the direction that Mike took off in, rather she went back to where they came in. At least she knew she could navigate her way back to the lodge.

The woods were unforgiving, they were cold, dark, and the snow stuck to her bare skin. She hugged her arms to her chest, trying to stay vigilant. As she got new the lodge, she noticed Chris and Ashley rushing out of a shed. Matt and Emily were just rushing over as well, "Chris, Ashley!" Matt shouted as they ran over.

The woods were unforgiving, they were cold and the snow stuck to her bare skin. She hugged her arms to her chest and she tried to stay vigilant. She followed the path that she knew, she managed to see the cabin in the distance after a while. As she approached she noticed Chris rushing out of a shed with Ashley close to him. Matt and Emily started to rush over to them, "Chris, Ashley!" Matt shouted as they ran over. 

Lucy finally got over to the group that formed, she noticed blood all over Ashley's hoodie, clearly she was shaken up, "What... What is going on? Who's blood is that?" Emily questioned Ashely, that was when she noticed Lucy and how beat up she was, "Lucy? What happened?"

Matt studied the whole group, "Are you okay?" He asked. Ashley was crying and Lucy had no idea how to form a sentence together at the moment, everyone's voices just echoed in her head.

"What happened?" Emily repeated once more, she was still trying to get answers. 

"J... Josh," Chris finally looked over at Emily.

"Josh?" Lucy spoke, her voice was hoarse, her throat was raw from her yelling and screaming.

"He... He's dead."

Lucy's eyes widened, she swore her heart stopped, "What?" She asked, "What the fuck do you mean? He's not dead. No!"

Matt looked at Chris in shock, "Wait, what?"

Chris shook his head, obviously in disbelief, he had no idea what he was supposed to say, "The... There is a maniac," Chris pointed over at the shed.

"Maniac?" She asked as she tried to clear her throat, "Someone took Jessica... Maybe it's the same person... Michael is after them, we lost each other in the mines... I fell down into the deep end of it... What do you mean maniac?" She kept talking as jumbled thoughts came to her mind. She was trying to make sense of it.