Thirteen

▛▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝ ▜

After what seemed like forever, Chris and Ashley reunited with the rest of the group, "Holy shit, thank god," Lucy breathed out in relief when everyone was back together, "What took so long?" 

Chris took in a deep breath, shaking his head slowly, pointing behind him, "It's not good up there right now," He told the others. 

Lucy quickly noticed that the man who came into the house was not with Ashley and Chris, "Where's- where's the flamethrower dude?" 

"Ah... Yeah, he uh-" 

"He didn't make it?" Sam spoke up and seemed shocked.

"What happened?" Lucy jumped in as well, trying to figure out what the hell was going on. 

Chris seemed reluctant to tell the rest of the group, but, hiding it from them would be wrong, they had to know what they were dealing with, "The thing... It- it tore him apart, right in front of me!" 

"Oh my god..." 

Mike paced around, taking count of all the doors, he turned back around, facing the group, "These all the doors?" He questioned them.

Sam nodded, "Yeah..." She was a little confused about what he was doing.

Lucy watched him closely, "What are you doing, Mike?" 

"Looking for another way out," He replied, turning around to face her, Lucy let out a small sigh, not happy with that idea.

"Michael, is that a good idea? I mean, we should stay right here, until dawn. At least we're considerably safer down here-" 

"Oh, yeah? Sitting all wrapped like a little present with a bow on top for that thing to tear us apart on Christmas?"

Lucy looked him up and down, clearly upset, "People are coming for us in the morning... Emily said."

Mike returned her energy, looking her up and down as well, he took a small step forward, "You don't sound so sure." 

Lucy knew that everyone's nerves were high and he had every right ot be acting like he was, she was terrified and easily upset at the moment, she was ignoring the pain that was in her body, "Right, Em?" 

Emily looked up at the two of them, "Yeah, I mean... Right?" She didn't sound so sure either. 

Mike let out a scoff, "Well, you can wait, I'm leaving!" 

Lucy shook her head, she didn't feel like fighting with anyone, not even Mike, "Mike, there's no key for the cable car!" Emily quickly mentioned before he walked out, he stopped and looked back at her.

"Josh, he's gotta have it." 

Chris and Sam exchanged glances and Lucy looked up at Mike, "Josh?"