CELL BLOCK D by Ingrid I. Smi...

By byRedonfire

His love is her CONVICTION. BONDED for life. More

INTRO
CHAPTER 1: DREWSKI
CHAPTER 2: THE FIRST DATE
CHAPTER 3: BRAND NEW
CHAPTER 4: EUPHORIA
CHAPTER 5: BOSSED UP
CHAPTER 6: THE MENTAL STROKE
CHAPTER 7: PHANTOM
CHAPTER 8: THE CONTRACT
CHAPTER 9: BALLIN'
CHAPTER 10: THE WAKE UP CALL
CHAPTER 11: GOOD LOVE
CHAPTER 12: HIS WORLD
CHAPTER 14: WITHDRAWAL
CHAPTER 15: BECOMING MRS. JACOBS
CHAPTER 16: TOO RAW AND TOO REAL
CHAPTER 17: ho flo.
CHAPTER 18: HIS MAMA HOUSE
CHAPTER 19: JAMES JACOBS
CHAPTER 20: THIS IS US
CHAPTER 21: FILLED UP
CHAPTER 22: TOO CLOSE
CHAPTER 23: RIGHT BY YO SIDE
CHAPTER 24: HUSTLED
CHAPTER 25: HUNGRY
CHAPTER 26: HIS DAD
CHAPTER 27: INTERVENTION
CHAPTER 28: CIOCCOLATA
CHAPTER 29: BESTIES
CHAPTER 30: THE TRUNK
CHAPTER 31: NONI'S SECRET
CHAPTER 32: ROKER
CHAPTER 33: SNAPPED
CHAPTER 34: THAT REAL SHIT
CHAPTER 35: THE POWER
CHAPTER 36: VISITATION
CHAPTER 37: CAN'T F*CK WITH IT
CHAPTER 38: THE PHONE
CHAPTER 39: FRAN AND DRE
CHAPTER 40: MOB AZZ BITCH
CHAPTER 41: FALLING INTO PLACE
CHAPTER 42: RIDIN'
CHAPTER 43: RAMPAGE (LATER THAT SATURDAY NIGHT)
CHAPTER 44: LEHH DO IT
CHAPTER 45: CHURCH
CHAPTER 46: FOR MY MAN
CHAPTER 47: HOME
CHAPTER 48: PARADISE
CHAPTER 49: FIRST NIGHT OUT

CHAPTER 13: TESTED

1.2K 70 37
By byRedonfire

"Stay with me when there's no one else to call... if you've got me, then I'm in it for the both of us... stay with me when there's no one else to call... do you vow to keep it cute even when things get ugly? I ain't gone lie, you want that Phantom, fuck it... is we lovin' or fuckin'... niggas hatin' all of a sudden, ain't no biggie, I'm still thuggin'... she love me, right or wrong..." BOTH OF US by YFN Lucci X Rick Ross X Layton Green

Drew wanted to tell Dre out of his own mouth why he got his ass beat -- so when me and the kids got back to Atlanta, I had to sit there with Dre in the hospital in Dekalb, until he woke up. Which wasn't a problem, since I damn near know the whole staff at that hospital. The problem I had with it -- is I sat there for three fucking hours. All for Drew.

Dre woke up around midnight, and I carefully held the phone for him, while Drew went in on Dre. About me, about loyalty, and because Dre slipped with some boxes of weed.

Drew said that Dre knows how it goes in the fam and would always stay down. Even all beat up like that, Dre told the cops that he doesn't know who jumped him. He was walking home, and his attackers came out of nowhere. He lied so good, that deep down I realized he and Drew, have a relationship quite like me and my sister. They love each other, siblings til the end. But they're not friends. Dre and Drew, seem to stay going back and forth. 

"I ain't no snitch. But dat's a cold muhhfucka. Be glad you got Ski hypnotized. Caught up in that pussy," Dre whispered to me. And I just stared back at him.

"Don't worry about me and Drew," I told him back.

"I'm not. Just worried about you. You gone learn in this family. Just how cold dat muhhfucka can be," Dre told me before he drifted off to sleep. Fuckin' with me...

But determined to make it work, I push Dre's words out of my mind, because I'm in it now. And until Drew shows me different, I can't let no nigga worry me. Besides, I had to break the news to my son about his father, first thing this morning. So I am worn out.

TJ cried and cried. So I had to tell Nique to hold it down at Summer's Gates on a Monday morning, while I spend the day helping TJ make sense of his father's murder.

But I'm so high off Drew's love and the beautiful Sunday he gave me yesterday. That I'm good.

And since Kamisha is pregnant, I brought my sister and Fran with me for back up. To bring TJ over here to this hellhole. And pay my respects to Thomas's mother...

"So. Who was the witness? Just tell the truth Thay, you ain't want me to stand beside you when you got married. So who went? Kamisha? Couldn't have cuz I called her. So who took my place?" Tharine badgered the fuck outta me all the way over here. While Fran sniggled from the backseat, leaned over hittin' that Vape pen like a crackhead.

"Did you go?" Tharine looks back at Fran and looks her up and down.

"Go where?" Fran stares back at Tharine dumbly.

"Okay. So ya'll ain't gone crack. Okay," Tharine says. I just shake my head.

Me and my sister. Oil and Vinegar like I said. But when Thomas's mother steps up to me after I hug a few folks and they all look me up and down cuz I'm rockin' all Gucci – with the big ass purse, matching heels and the fye ass dress. Just like a big sister would, Tharine bucks:

"Not today," Tharine jumps in front of me, and gets dead up in Miss Deidre's ol' ugly ass face. Ready.

"Whatchu got to say to my sister?" Tharine asks, and looks Miss Deidre up and down working her neck-

"Woo! Look how they ackin', just disgraceful!" some old lady says- I grab my sister by the arm and get back in front of her, ready to fight if this bitch swing on my big sister!

"Ya'll stop that!" "Calm down Deidre!"

"Why ya'll just now brangin' this baby over here to us?" Thomas's old auntie Cathy demands-

"You know Thomas loved you when you put him out. He did," Miss Deidre points at me crying-

"Naw nah! Nope, we not gone do this in here today! You know what happened. This ain't Thay fault and TJ got here soon enough. Come on here TJ. Come on out here witcha granddaddy. Give ya grandmama a hug," Thomas's daddy stands up and says, pulling my son to him. So it's my fault Thomas ran to a hoe instead of home when I put him out? Okay.

I just keep my mouth closed when Miss Deidre grabs my son, her grandbaby, to her chest. And she just hugs TJ tight as she can, and she goes to crying and rockin'. Just crying and holdin' him. And we all just back up and respect it...

And I stare at an old picture of me and Thomas. Framed on Miss Deidre's wall, along with a cluster of other family pics...

And I smile at some of the old, good memories, realizing that I'm so over it and so into Drew, that I don't feel shit about Thomas. But pity. And I'm thankful he gave me my son...

"That bitch say one, fucking, word. And I'm rockin'," Fran tells me about Thomas's sister with her teeth clenched, eying Tracy down when we get over here by the food. Tracy doing her best to avoid us though.

"Thay," Sherm calls my name and I stare at him. I walk over to him.

"You good? They saying you wit Big Ski. Da one who locked up for Don Murdock and his brotha murder," Sherm has the nerve to say to me.

"That's my husband," I reply and stare him down. Yeah nigga, now what?

"Oh okay then, congratulations. That's alright right there. How TJ doin?" he asks me all nervous and scared of Drew and his crew. I shrug.

"You see him. TJ gone make it. I'm gone make sure of that," I let him know.

"Thaedra I know what chu heard. But that shit ain't go like that," Sherm breaks down and tells me, all terrified and shit. Because he knows he took Thomas to Dre, and now his sister's baby daddy is in the hospital, beat the fuck up. And Thomas is dead. This nigga scared he gone be next.

"Get the fuck out my face Sherm. We good," I tell him. Totally done with this family.

"Well just watch dat shit. Thomas had filed some kinda report on you, and I'm just lettin' you know cuz me and you was good, you cool wit me, so I'm gone look out," Sherm calls himself being my friend and letting me know. And my stomach kinda flips over. Thomas's snitchin' ass. I just walk back over to my sister and Fran. What kind of report?

I'm so ready to go. I look down and it's Drew, Facetiming me, right on time.

"I'm fenna step outside, come on," I tell Fran and Tharine.

"Nope. I'm watchin' TJ," Tharine tells me-

"Right. I'm stayin' right here, they fenna cut that cake and I want me some. Go 'head, I gotcho back. Bitches like this love to pop shit about folks in front of they churren or question they churren on the sly, so I'm waitin' on one of these ol' fuckas to try dat shit on TJ behind yo back. Gone 'head. I got it," Fran tells me, and I nod, laughin' to myself. This fool stay ready...

I get in my car and call Drew right back.

"Aye don't hit the button on me and reject my calls, I hate dat shit," he tells me off top, irritated.

"I was trying to get outside to the car Drew, and if I hit summ it was on accident. I brought TJ over here to his grandmama's house," I remind this nigga, scowling at me when we just got married.

"Well you need to meet up wit RJ, asap," he tells me all grouchy.

"Okay. As soon as I leave here I'll go back over there. Cuz I was just over there this morning, and I wish he had said somethin' then," I let Drew know.

"All this shit just came up Thay, come on nah. I need you to go like now. And hold it down. He gone come atchu about cho baby daddy, cuz you know I played like I ain't know shit about it, you just told me 'bout a hour ago," he tells me. And I breathe out.

"Thay. Ride wit me. Come on nah," he stares at me. I nod.

"I gotchu baby," I promise him. Wondering when I'm gone sleep. I breathe out again.

And I decide to flip it...

SCENE: Summer's Gates, Thaedra's office  

"Hey, sorry I'm so swamped, come on back here to my office," I rush in and tell Attorney Ferrigno after I drop my family off.

That's right MY office. Where I run shit at and he's the one off his turf. Since it' so urgent hell, I'm busy. I've got shit to do too. Sittin' here like he all mad and irritated because I kept him waiting.

He'll be alright. He just wants to fuck me and fuck up my marriage.

Not.

I pop my mouth with a smile once I sit behind my desk, check two sticky notes from Nique and get situated in this fye ass dress.

"So. What's up?" I ask him.

"Why didn't you tell me that your child's father was murdered while you were getting married and smiling all over television?" he asks me.

"Drew and I planned that so long ago. I had no idea that happened until we got back," I lie to RJ smoothly. He gives me a look like "Now you know I know better. But good answer."

"What else can I help you with?" I ask innocently.

"Could you do me a favor from now on and disclose things like that? You know -- murders, kidnappings, things of that nature? And when you visit beating victims after hours in the hospital, that are directly associated to Drew's old neighborhood, or gang activity?" he tells me in so many words that he knows every move I make.

I stare back. Fuck. I clear my throat.

"As you can see. I'm a caregiver. And when one of Drew's or my family gets hurt. I'm going to care for them. And my child's father was murdered by his girlfriend. Why would I feel the need to tell you that?" I ask RJ, and he watches my face.

"My man. Is Drew now," I say, staring him down... and he can tell by my eyes, that I know he wants this. And I'm shuttin' that shit down.

"Fine," he snarls back at me openly, and throws me all the way the fuck off.

"Just know. One wrong move? And the public turns against us, or he looks like he's guilty, and he's forgotten about, loses all sympathy. And they delay his new trial for 5 fucking years. Or more," he comes back. And my smile fades...

Damn.

"I know the importance of campaigning for Drew's freedom. I'm sorry. I won't slip again," I humble down and eat it. Since Drew set the whole shit up with Thomas anyway, and I'm lying through my teeth about not knowing about it.

"There's a fundraiser in two weeks. The eve of Christmas Eve for the wrongfully convicted. It would really help if you would come and speak about Andrew's case," RJ tells me next, softening up some since I apologized so humbly.

"I'll be there," I tell him firmly. And I stick my hand out to him to shake.

And he takes my hand -- and he leans in to kiss it. I snatch my hand back. And he's mad, wow.

"Here's the money for his family. And I need to brief you on what and what not to say about Andrew's case," he tells me, with a look of psychotic anger in his eyes now, that shocks the shit outta me.

"O-okay," I tell him back, eying him down when he hands me an envelope full of cash.

And he just turns around and walks outta my office, mad as fuck...

Woah. That mothafucka acts like he's undercover crazy, what the fuck is he so mad about??? Like he don't know what's up??

(40 minutes later..)

SCENE: MUHH VUTT'S HOUSE

Introducing: MUHH VUTT ~ JACQUELINE JACOBS

"Heeeey there Thaedra. Come on in here. Let me see what you and my son got goin' on- move out the way! Clear the way, dis Ski's wife," Drew's mama says proudly and hugs me when I walk in her house.

"I put them earrings and necklace yu bought Alissa up in here, up for church and special occasions. So nice, you got Ski bein' so helpful now and nice. And he told me to watch out for ya too. Make sure don't nobody disrespect his wife and only love gotdammit, he said it to me just like det. Mmhm, that's what he said boutcha baby - to me - his mama-  the onliest mama he got, shol am -- just a lil while ago he said it, and I'm gone hold to it gotdammit. Shol am," Muhh Vutt tells me and I smile back when his grandmama comes over and hugs me too when we get in the den.

"Hey there Thaedra, I'm gone fye that fishpot up this weekend. You betta come on," Drew's Uncle Wilson tells me, hugging my neck.

I pass Muhh Vutt this envelope when I see how hard her hands ready for it, and she so proud she about to buss wide open.

"Dis from my son. Do what he say so. Mmhm," she proclaims proudly.

And suddenly Drew's baby mama walks in here, slow as hell with a cup in her hand. We all get quiet, watching her...

And suddenly l almost gasp out loud when I notice her face when the light hits it. It's fucked up, I watch her walk. Like she's gotta keep her legs spread just to make it, she's hunched over. And the whole left side of her face is swoll the fuck up, big as hell.

She avoids my eyes and opens the refrigerator.

"Speak to Ski's wife," Muhh Dee commands Makayla.

"Oh, Hey," Makayla says humbly, and turns away to go back out after she pours herself some koolaid... Muhh Vutt glares and cuts her eyes at her, watching her.

"Alissa at school, right?" I say, watching Makayla too.

"Mm hm wit her new clothes on for these last few days like it's already Christmas. Ha HA! Honeeey she gave me a whole fashion show," Muhh Vutt says and starts laughin' along with her mama – their backs to the doorway. I smile along but I watch Makayla, when she makes a signal to me like praying hands and mouths to me:

"Help me."

What the fuck?

Drew's mama suddenly whips around like a demon goblin, and Makayla flips back like she's trying to walk. She does it so fast it's crazy, but Muhh Vutt still gives Makayla, and then me, the side eye.

"Don't let that bitch in yo head. You stick by my muhhfuckin' son. At all cost," Muhh Vutt tells me like a fucking pitbull...  

I'm still tripping off that shit.

"Help me? And she was beat the fuck up?" Kamisha asks me when I get home and tell her about it. Kayla looked crazy as fuck.

"Beat the fuck down. And I could tell his mama and them did that shit, it was like sitting in a house of fuckin' horrors when she walked to the fridge and walked back. They so gotdamn ghetto? I'm telling you if them bitches ever try me, I'm gone buss a cap in one of they asses," I tell Kamisha and she snorts.

"For real though, they love you, that's yo family now Thay, I can feel it in my heart. And fuck RJ, I'll beat his ass myself," Kamisha tells me and I laugh. My phone buzzes, and it's Drew, calling me already and I know it's about Makayla.

"What Makayla say to you?" Drew immediately Facetimes me and asks me.

And I don't know what to say. I don't wanna lie – but I don't wanna be no blind fool either – but why would she ask me, of all people, for help?

"She didn't say anything but hey. Then mouthed some shit to me tho, after that, behind your mother's head. But I couldn't make it out," I run game.

"Mm," he says, nodding, and watching my face.

"Don't do it," he tells me.

"What?" I ask him.

"Don't get 'round them mothafuckas in my family and let them fuck us up. I'm stuck in here. Come back to our world. Come back to me," Drew begs me as if he can read my mind... and I drop my eyes to my hands.

"Come back baby, don't fade away over that bullshit. Stay wit me," Drew begs me and my heart leaps up to the sky. So in love.

"I ain't goin' nowhere Drew. I got it," I tell him.

"Good, cuz  ain't a mothafucka gone touch you. And fuck Makayla she aight, she ain't shit. Don't ever listen to her. And don't ever think you might be missin' summ or I got a secret I'm keepin' from you, or none of that shit. My life stopped ten years ago, and you know everythang about me. All my relationships outside of ours and my mama and my daughter? Are about money. So if a muhhfucka come atchu, they hatin' or they want some money. Trust dis shit. And trust in me. You my wife. My better half. And I'm gone tell you again, don't ever hit the button on me. I'd rather you let it ring than reject my fuckin' calls. You all I got, I'm gone go to thinkin' some crazy shit. It's me and you Thay," Drew tells me.

And I breathe out. And I nod...

"I needed to hear that shit," I admit it to him. It's been a long day. And Drew stares back at me and nods...

"I love you baby. I do. I know this shit gets hard," he tells me...

"It don't matter, it ain't that hard. I gotchu baby. I swear this shit," I promise him.

"I knew if I got that pussy it was gone be the hardest ride of my life stayin' away from it," he tells me and just shakes his head at me. And I wish I could leap through the phone, and into his arms...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.8K 1K 26
WARNING: PROFANITY USED THROUGHOUT THE SERIES Teenagers in their Senior Year of high school going through life together. For better or worse.
3.4M 121K 61
πšˆπ™Ύπš„'πšπ™΄ π™Όπšˆ πš‚π™°π™»πš…π™°π™Άπ™΄, πšˆπ™Ύπš„'πšπ™΄ π™Όπšˆ 𝙱𝙰𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴
871K 40.8K 37
i have waited lifetimes to find you.