Toxic

By justanotherplum

"I would never hurt you or be unkind to you." Loki persisted, suddenly in front of her. He gently cupped her... More

INTRODUCTION
REVIEWS
01 | Funny Little Thing
02 | Breaking Point
03 | Hide and Seek
04 | Unkind
05 | Queen
06 | Safe
07 | I Love You
08 | Spider-Man
09 | Bound Together Forever
10 | I Know What You Did
11 | Vulnerable
12 | Crushing Skulls
13 | Do You Understand
15 | Do It
16 | Siv
17 | Midgard
18 | Blue Eyes, Green Eyes
19 | Uncle Thor
20 | Closet
21 | Dino Nuggets
22 | Monster
23 | Daddy's Home
24 | Rollercoaster
25 | Water
26 | Trust Me
27 | Real Feelings
28 | The End?
29 | Death
30 | Thor
31 | Changes
32 | Potion
33 | Goodbye
34 | Familiar But Different
35 | Starving
36 | He's Here
37 | Who's Loki
38 | Jump
| The End |
THANK YOU!
NEW BOOK!
Bonus Chapter: Bite. Kiss. Repeat.
Bonus Chapters: What If

14 | Abuse

5.5K 227 117
By justanotherplum

Dear readers,

Okay heads up, if you don't like what happens in this chapter... pls keep to to yourself. You don't gotta like it, you can leave, but there's no need to announce that you're no longer reading.

Sincerely,
A sensitive author 😂

Please don't forget to comment and vote!! Thanks for all the love and support!

••••

Before she could even process what the monster was before her, it grabbed her, and carried her off. She screamed and fought the whole way until Venom dropped her suddenly. She managed to calm down enough to find her whereabouts, and realized she was thrown before the Avengers.... and Loki.

Tony stood there, stunned- as Loki came peacefully with his arms up, "Grab him." He told the agents, keeping his armored hand directed at Loki in case he got any funny ideas. Tony was even more stunned when Summer ran towards her captor.

"No, don't take him! Please!" She shouted and grabbed onto the love of her life as tightly as she could. The agents managed to pry her hands off of him and Wanda was quick to restrain her. "Let me go, please! Please don't hurt him!" Sobs ripped up from her throat as she shouted. All she could do was watch as Loki was ushered onto an aircraft, gone forever. She fell to her knees and cried her heart out.

She felt a prick in her neck and it all went black.

••• flashback •••

After the little stunt she pulled at the fair, Summer quickly learned not to speak of the Avengers or there would be consequences. No food, no hot water.... the closet.

She remembered one specific time clearly. Summer and Loki were seated, cuddling on the couch when the guard came in. She wasn't sure if the guard actually had news for Loki or if he was just sent in there as a test.

She couldn't remember what he said, but she picked up on "the Avengers." She stiffened at the name alone. Only bad thing come from them, even just talking about them. She didn't want to get punished again.

Loki gave a curt reply and the guard left. "Summer?"

She flinched, expecting something bad to happen.

"Love, you're trembling. What's wrong?" He cooed as he comfortingly ran his fingers through her hair to soothe her. He knew what was wrong, he wasn't dumb. He wanted to hear it.

"I-I don't- I don't like them." She whispered and cuddled into his side more. She wanted him to believe her- that she only wanted to be with him and no one else. He just had to believe her and then he wouldn't hurt her.

"You don't like who?" He asked, eerily calm.

A trap. It was a trap. She can't say who. "The bad- bad people." She said quietly with a wince. Please don't be mad, please don't be mad, please don't be mad-

"The bad people," he repeated with a chuckle, amused. "You used to want to be with them.... You remember, don't you?"

She flinched as the fist tightened in her hair ever so slightly. She nodded and rushed out, "yes, but not anymore! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry-"

"I know you are." He hushed her and brought her closer to his side. She seemed to relax as his voice and touch gentled.

She was glad the subject was dropped. The Avengers only meant bad things for her. She never wanted to hear about them ever again.

•••

She woke with a jolt and found herself in an empty room, on a cement floor. Glass walls caged her in as if she were some dangerous criminal.

"You're awake!" A voice exclaimed and she shot up to find who it belonged to.

It was the boy, Spider-Man. The one she thought was killed in the explosion when her house was blown up.

She eyed him, wearily, and stood to her feet. "Where am I?"

He was surprised by her boldness. She wasn't the same woman that cowered at Loki's feet like the last time he saw her. "You're somewhere safe." He replied, calmly. His job was never to interrogate people, there were other people for that. However, the team felt that a familiar face might help her.

She scanned the room around her until her eyes fell back on the boy. "Where's Loki?"

He hesitated. "He's also somewhere safe."

She shook her head, angry. "You're lying!" She exclaimed and stormed up to the glass. "Where is he?"

He took a step back away from the glass separating them, his hands in the air in surrender. "Hey, hold on! Let's not freak out. We wouldn't want you to stress the baby."

She froze and repeated the words he just said in her head. "What did you say?"

"The baby..." he repeated, innocently. Then, it clicked for him. "You didn't know? You're almost three months along."

The world started spinning around her and she quickly took a seat back down. With her head in her hands, she tried to slow her breathing. This was bad. Really bad. She wasn't sure if Loki wanted a baby. He said they'd talk about it when they'd get there, but now they were there, and he's not here. "Does.... does he know?"

He shook his head, "no. In the mean time, I'd like to ask you some questions-"

"I'd like to see him." She cut him off with her hands on her stomach. Her baby was in there....

"No, that-"

"I won't answer anything you have to ask until I see him."

It's been three days since she's said that, and those were the last words she spoke. She stuck to her word. In those three days, something horrible was happening to her body. She was achy the first day, but it grew worse as time went on. She trembled in pain, but never made a noise. She hid it so well, the team had no idea it was happening.

She heard the heavy thumping of feet come her way, and to her surprise, the cell door swung open. "If you see him, you'll tell us everything we need to know?" Peter, she learned his name was, asked.

She frantically nodded her head and got to her feet. He didn't bother restraining her and walked her to the opposite side of the building, led her into an elevator, and took it all the way down to the bottom level. The doors opened and there he was.

She fought back the urge to run to him and tears gathered in her eyes. His eyes met hers and he beamed in delight.

"You have five minutes."

No sooner than his cell door opened, she sprinted into his arms. The pain instantly went away. His hands folded around her back to draw her in closer. He could feel her body shake as she cried for the missed time they might never get back, crying to release the tension of these three long days. He pulled his head back and wiped her tears with a calloused finger.

He was eating her up with his eyes as he ran his hand through her hair, as if he can't quite believe she's not part of an almost forgotten dream. When he kissed her, it was sweet, gentle, and it tasted of her tears.  She wanted to speak but it came out more in a croak, "I missed you so much."

He held her back, his eyes scanning her for injuries. "Are you hurt?" He asked, softly, his hands still around her waist.

She shook her head, "no, but...." his eyes widened at her words. Her gaze fell to their intertwined hands and she blurted out, "Loki, I'm pregnant."

His mouth parted and water brimmed his eyes. "You're.... you're what?"

Then the power instantly went out. Somehow, she was still able to see his mischievous smile in the dark. "Was that you?" She breathed and took a step closer to him.

He chuckled at her anxiousness and cupped her face in his hands. "Yes, now listen. The power is going to come back on in a few seconds, but they can't hear us right now. We're going to get out of here soon. Be prepared and don't believe anything they say." He whispered as the shuffling of multiple feet was heard on the outside of the cell.

"We'll raise this little one," he said and placed a hand on her stomach, "and many more in our new home. A place where even the Avengers can't reach." He promised.

The lights turned back on.

Agents quickly came in and escorted her out before she could even protest and hug him goodbye.... but for some reason, she wasn't even sure if she wanted to. Just like that, the pain returned.

He watched with an evil glint in his eyes as she was dragged away. For the first time in a long time.... she was scared of him.

No sooner than when she stepped back into her own cell, Peter was there to ensure she kept her side of the deal. "Let's cut straight to the chase, yeah? When did he first start holding you captive?"

"I'm not a prisoner." She replied, but it almost sounded more like a question. Like she didn't believe the lie either. "He loves me."

"Alright," he drawled. "When did you meet, then?"

Her eyes were blank, flickering back and forth, staring at nothing as she thought. "I'm not sure... it's been..." her voice faded off. How long has it been.

"We have records showing you worked at a cafe, your last day was over a year ago. Is that when you met?"

A year ago. It's been over a year? A year since she's been independent. A year since she was last free.... but freedom was a burden, right? Loki knew what he was doing. Everything he did was for her.

"What was it like when he first.... moved in." He asked.

She swallowed hard, her voice quiet, her brain processing. "It took some getting used to.... but I know everything he did was for me and my benefit."

"What did you have to get used to?"

"Oh, you know...." she trailed off. "He liked to do everything for me. He fed me, bathed me, had me sleep with him.... what took the longest to get used to was asking permission for things, like going to the bathroom and such. But he just liked to know where I was."

Peter could easily tell she really believed everything Loki had done to her, not for her- was a good thing. He twisted her thinking to make her believe that. "And if you didn't do as he asked?"

"I'd be punished." She responded quietly with a shrug. "He'd take my food away, bathroom privileges away, hot water away, wash my mouth out with soap.... but I deserved it because I disobeyed him." She frowned after she said the words, like she didn't realize how insane it sounded until she said it out loud.

She continued. "He wouldn't ever hurt me. He just.... wasn't nice sometimes. He made me his queen. Gave me everything I wanted-"

"Besides free will." He pointed out. She looked shocked and hurt for a moment, wanting to deny his claim, but he was right. "You were a prisoner, Summer. This isn't love."

She shook her head and flinched when a tear managed to escape and slide down her cheek. "No, I love him. We love each other."

"Your love for him came out of a bottle." He interrupted her.

Her heart nearly ripped in half. "What?"

He sighed and stood to walk closer to the glass wall dividing the two of them. "It was a love potion. He fessed up." He explained. "The abuse he put you through...."

"It's not-"

"Not abuse?" He looked at her incredulously. "I understand you love him at the moment, he's ensured that, and I understand you want to defend him because of that, but.... giving someone love potion because every other form of abuse didn't work...." his face scrunched up at the sickening thought. "No one can consent under the power of that. You know that."

She swallowed the lump in her throat. It all made sense. The thoughts in her head never felt like they were her own. Just being separated from him brought her pain.

"It feels real." She confessed so quietly, if Peter didn't have heightened hearing, he might of missed it.

"We want to help you and we can do that if you're willing." He spoke, as he stood. He thought it was best to leave her for now, let her process everything that's happened. "Oh, and Summer?"

She looked up at him.

"I never got to thank you for saving me." He spoke, earnestly. "So thank you. If you didn't risk yourself for me and beg Loki to stop.... I'm not sure we'd be having this conversation right now." With that, he walked away.

She saved him? No. Wasn't it her fault he was nearly killed in the first place? Because she disobeyed? She walked in on the meeting, it was her fault. She didn't save him.... Right?

Please don't forget to comment and vote!! If you want a new chapter early, 6 comments from different account is the goal!

The baby is what I was referring to in the author's note above lol. I hope you still enjoyed!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 270 27
It is halfway through the clone wars when the Jedi Council sends Anakin Skywalker and his padawan Ahsoka Tano on a routine mission to a outer rim pl...
3.1K 113 10
Teenage Dazai goes to a new school after moving. Chuuya got the job to befriend him which doesn't seem so easy to him because he can't stand him. (A...
273K 3.5K 14
You can already tell from the name what this story has in store for you and if you feel the way I do then you know the Beast was fucking hot in the n...
940K 21.6K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.