Waterworks (BNHA x OP Reader)

By AveryMackenzie1

Follow the story of a young child who has a quirk which allows them to do some pretty amazing things! Not eve... More

Prologue
Chapter One: They're Just A Kid
Chapter Two: I'm Taking Her
Chapter Three: A Second Chance
Chapter Four: Show Us What You Can Do (Part One)
Chapter Five: Show Us What You Can Do (Part Two)
Chapter Six: The Recommendation Exams
Chapter Seven: I Did It!
Chapter Eight: The First Day
Chapter Nine: Hero Vs. Villain (Part One)
Chapter Ten: Hero Vs. Villain (Part Two)
Chapter Eleven: Break In
Chapter Thirteen: No Matter What (Part Two)
Chapter Fourteen: No Matter What (Part Three)
Chapter Fifteen: First Day Back
Chapter Sixteen: She's Awake!
Chapter Seventeen: The Apology
Chapter Eighteen: This Would Be Devastating To Her (Part One)
Chapter Nineteen: This Would Be Devastating To Her (Part Two)
Chapter Twenty: Reliving It Isn't Any Easier (Part One)
Chapter Twenty-One: Reliving It Isn't Any Easier (Part Two)
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Festival Begins
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Calvary Battle

Chapter Twelve: No Matter What (Part One)

255 6 2
By AveryMackenzie1

Burukku's POV:

After the craziness that occurred yesterday, Aizawa told me that the school wasn't planning on taking any chances and they were going to be sending extra heroes with us to try and add extra protection. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, they haven't been able to figure out who the man was who broke into the school and have been having an even harder time trying to figure out what it was that he had actually taken. It frustrated me to no end but ultimately, he only took one paper and who knows how many were actually in that cabinet. I tried not to focus on it when class started the next day and through all of our normal classes I was able to focus and answer the questions the same as normal. It was only when Aizawa brought up the fact that we were going to have three instructors for our training did I remember yesterday and caused my guards to go up again.

Rescue was something I felt very confident in considering all the uses I had with my quirk; I tried to keep focused on that whilst I changed and made my way to the bus. The ride over to the USJ was definitely interesting to say the least, Bakugo kept threatening students and several students started talking about quirks and whose would be better for heroes. I actually made a comment on this saying that the quirk didn't matter all that much, it was how one used it and if they truly had the heroic soul and intentions that would make them the best of heroes; my comment seemed to go over well with most of the class but when one of the boys went to ask me about my quirk I simply turned my attention out the window ignoring the conversation.

Thirteen hasn't changed a bit since the last time I've seen them, I gave them a nod in greeting knowing that I was supposed to keep my connection to the heroes a secret for now which they returned before addressing the class. I will never get used to walking into the USJ, it takes my breath away every time. I was marveling at the interior as Thirteen made their speech, not giving much attention to what the hero was saying I was wandering around so I could see the different areas better catching the attention of several of my classmates and our teacher.

Third Person's POV:

They all shook their heads at the clear lack of attention of the girl and were still watching when Thirteen finished their speech and Aizawa went to have a quick word with them. They were watching the girl who had a small smile on her face until it dropped suddenly and her head snapped towards the center of the arena and she suddenly moved into an attack form before shouting, "We've got company!" catching the two heroes' attention who looked towards the girl then towards where she was looking. Everyone was confused due to there being nothing being there until suddenly a black mist like portal opened causing several villains to start emerging from it. Most of the students didn't understand how she was able to know exactly where they were going to be and turned to look at her only to be met with her stone-cold glare that was aimed at the emerging villains. "Aizawa!" she called over the students talking causing him to look over at her; though he looked over at her, she did not make any move to look over at him before she spoke, "They're spreading out and covering almost all the areas, though the most powerful feel to be in the middle." Aizawa nodded at her words before placing his goggles over his eyes and making a move to advance; he would have gone into battle had a water wall not stopped him. He whipped around to look at the young girl only to find her looking at him for the first time, "The one down there, in the middle with the blue hair, he was at the break in. be careful around him Eraserhead." She informed before dropping the wall. He nodded and again was about to move when he suddenly stopped and turned back, "Burukku, you have my permission to do whatever it takes to protect your classmates." And with that he leapt into battle.

Burukku's POV:

I watched him leap off the stairs before quickly turning back to the class, "We need to get out of here; Thirteen start the evacuation process, I'll cover you guys from behind." I barked out causing the space hero to nod and start trying to move the students towards the door. "Oi! Why the fuck should we listen to you?!" Bakugo roared at me causing me to become irritated immediately. I turned to him and wrapped his entire body in water preventing him from both moving or using his quirk before I spoke, "Listen here Bakugo, this is not the time to question anything. Mr. Aizawa gave me permission to use my quirk and gave me orders to protect you all, no he is not looking down on you, he just knows I can handle it. Therefore, get you ass moving before I do it for you!" I roared before releasing him from the water and turning back sending the water down the stairs at a few of the villains who were able to slip by Aizawa and were making their way up. I could feel that most of the class was shocked but I couldn't tell what it was for; weather it was for the fact I was willing to stand up to Bakugo like that or the fact that I knew where the villains were.

I could suddenly feel something appear behind me and whipped around to see the mist guy from the break in, the one who had what I assumed was a warp gate quirk. I quickly threw waterwalls around the class to prevent him from being able to touch them, though he seemed to only be talking at the moment; nevertheless, I kept the walls up and my focus strong, I was going to do whatever it took to keep them safe. I looked over to thirteen and nodded whilst starting to walk forward, as I moved the water shields moved with me; when my classmates began to notice this they also began to move forward causing more and more to catch on, not everyone seemed to catch on however. Both Bakugo and Kirishima surged forward and jumped at the villain causing them to leave the safety of my shields both Thirteen and I called for them to come back before Thirteen yelled for me to drop the shields as they activated their quirk. People today really weren't letting me do what I've been told too; I dropped my shields as ordered and the villain took that opportunity to warp most of us away from the entrance.

I was kinda shocked to find myself falling into the shipwreck zone and quickly caught myself with the water below. I deposited myself on the ship and looked around trying to see if any of my other classmates were here; it didn't take long for me to find three more and help two of them up. I was checking them over for injuries when I noticed something else, they also sent Tsuyu here.... They sent the two students with water-based quirks to the water zone; they had no idea of our quirks! I quickly snapped out of my thoughts at the panicking of one of my classmates, I looked at him with mild disgust clear on my face before bonking him on the head, "Pull yourself together, we are part of the hero course! This is something we will be dealing with on the daily and if you didn't think you could handle this then what are you still in this course?! Now, if your done panicking, there's villains just off the ship and we need to come up with a plan." I stated causing the three of them to look at me with mild shock. Midoriya spoke up causing the attention to shift onto him, "How are you so calm? Even before we all realized how much danger we were in; you were completely serious and willing to take the lead immediately." I could tell he was about to start rambling so I quickly cut in, "Midoriya, I am scared, terrified even. My family and friends are in danger and I can't protect them; however, panicking isn't going to help anyone and if there is no one who is willing to be the brave one that everyone can look to in times like this then people will get hurt or worse." I explain causing something to pass through their eyes but I ignored it.

"Now then, we need to plan, I'm almost positive that they don't know our quirks, they quite literally sent the two students who thrive in the water to the water zone." I said causing Midoriya to brighten immensely, "Exactly! They sent you and Tsuyu to the water zone..." he trailed off causing Tsuyu to comment how that fell apart on him and me to chuckle. We spent the next few moments explaining quirks before Midoriya and I quickly developed a plan. I knew that I could technically get them out of here myself but why not use this as a confidence building time as well, mind you I would still be watching closely encase anything went wrong. It was about this time when the ship was suddenly sliced in half causing us to put our plan into action immediately; as Midoriya jumped off the ship and prepared to land an attack on the water I created a whirlpool drawing all the villains into one area. As Midoriya landed his attack Tsuyu grabbed Mineta and jumped from the ship whilst I formed wings out of water and followed.

We made it back to land and I quickly healed Midoriya's finger causing him to blush in what I assumed was embarrassment before we began talking about our next steps. "It is my job to protect the students so whatever you decide I will be taking you guys to the doors, it's all just a matter of when." I said causing them to nod before talking about helping Aizawa, even if it was just a little. We got closer and what I saw made my heart drop and eyes to go wide; Aizawa on the ground, body basically mangled by this creature standing above him. I could feel my breath catch in my throat as I looked at him, barely registering what was happening around me. Barely being the key word there. Though my eyes were locked on Aizawa, when a hand reached out of a portal to try and attack Tsuyu I sent a blast or boiling water from the lake behind us at it causing the villain to pull his hand back through the portal screaming. At that moment the bird like creature smashed Aizawa's head into the ground again and something in me snapped.

"LET GO OF MY DAD!!!!"

Hey guys! I really hope you're enjoying this story so far, I'm having a blast writing it! Update on how the interview went, I GOT THE JOB! I start on the eighth which means I'll be writing as much as I can before then! I'm super excited to start but that does mean my updates might become a little slower, I will continue to update as regularly as I can!

Thank you to everyone who has been reading my stories, it really means everything to me and there is no way for me to properly express that so I can only say thank you. I hope you are enjoying so far and please feel free to comment ideas or what you think of different things! I do read them all and respond to most of them, I promise that I'm not a mean person!

I would like to remind you all that no matter what I am here for you all and that I am always up to talk to anyone and everyone who needs it! Remember that I love you all and support you no matter what! I'll always be in your corner and I'm cheering you all on! Be strong, you can do and make it through anything!

Thank you all for reading and just remember that I love you all!

~Avery

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

619 6 17
Note: This story is on hiatus until further notice! Disclaimer: I do not own Boku No Hero Academia or Raziel High School DXD! Your name is Tsubaki To...
80.3K 2K 60
This is my First My Hero Academia book. In a world where everyone has this unique power called a Quirk there is one Problem Child with an powerful Qu...
271K 5.3K 22
You're a girl with a very powerful quirk and a kind personality! You finally make it into the school of your dreams! U.A.! You felt that no one could...
173K 4.4K 21
[DISCONTINUED] I don't own ATLA or BNHA/MHA. What happens when a boy is born blind, short, and 'frail' in a world filled with superpowers called Quir...