Chapter Six: The Recommendation Exams

Burukku's POV:

As I assumed the next few years were incredibly difficult in more ways then one; for starters, I was training more then I ever had before and with numerous heroes who specialized in different fields of heroics. On top of that I was learning everything I had missed from not attending school in so long which could often times leave me feeling overwhelmed. According to the heroes who were teaching me though I was learning at a fast rate and I was even more advanced then other students my age would be which made me feel pretty good about myself. Over the years Aizawa and I have grown closer and I can definitely say that I see him as a father figure, he has supported me in everything I do and has been with me every step of the way. That being said, when we were doing martial arts and hand to hand training, he wouldn't go easy on me, ever. Most of the time I did end up on my butt when we trained but there were a few times I was able to win, in those moments I could see the pride in Aizawa's eyes as I celebrated being able to beat him (even if it was only once). I have worked so hard in preparation for today, today was the UA entrance exams.

Having worked with so many heroes over the years there wasn't a shortage of people who wanted to give me recommendations and I was told by Aizawa that even the principal was wanting to give me a recommendation. I had wanted to refuse them but Aizawa then brought up the point that it would probably not be fair for the other students if I were to take the normal exam. With this information I, begrudgingly, accepted the recommendations.

Aizawa and I made our way to the school earlier then either of us wanted knowing that he needed to be there to get ready and I didn't want to walk alone. It also didn't hurt to beat the mass of potential students who were going to be coming. Upon arriving Aizawa and I separated, him heading towards the staff room and me going to check in and get the information about where I needed to be for the exam. It took a little over an hour for the next potential student to arrive, when they arrived, I decided that I should make my way to the designated seating area for the recommended students and took a seat by the wall. It didn't take long for more students to begin arriving and within the half hour the room was filled and it seemed we were going to get started. In the beginning there was a speech for the students taking the normal exam given by the loud blonde I knew as Present Mic; it was actually fairly interesting seeing what their exam was going to be like. After his speech was finished, most of the students present left the room leaving about twenty or so of us waiting for our own instruction. In the time that we were waiting a few students started introducing themselves to the students around them. The female beside me turned to me and seemed like she wanted to say something but was struggling to start the conversation, after a few moments I decided to help her out, "Is there something the matter?" I asked her in a polite voice causing her to jump slightly, "Ah, no, sorry." She stuttered nervously causing me to smile slightly.

I turned fully to her and smiled warmly at her, "Hello, my name is Hattori Burukku but please call me Burukku." I told her prompting her to introduce herself, "I'm Yaoyorozu Momo, please call me Momo." She said seemingly happy for me starting the conversation. I gave her a nod before I spoke again, "Was there something you wanted to ask me Momo?" I asked politely to which she nodded, "You see, I couldn't help but notice that your hair seems to have blue in it and your eyes are so blue, I was wondering if that had anything to do with your quirk?" she asked in a tone that made it seem she was afraid to offend. My smile grew slightly as I looked at her and lifted part of my hair to show the fairly large section of blue on the underside, "I was born with this," I started referring to the blue in my hair, "that's how my parents knew that my quirk would take after my mothers. I have a quirk that allows me to control water, hence so much blue." I said the last part with a soft chuckle causing Momo to chuckle softly herself. We continued to talk until a hero I knew as Vlad King (also the teacher of 1B) came out and began to explain how our exam was going to work. We all payed close attention to what he was saying and a few of us began stretching seeing as we were going to do the practical part of our exam first.