Shadowkage

By Kagemaster-Chan

In the world where he's a jinchuuriki, life doesn't get any worse. Being neglected and hated by everyone does... More

Intro. Please Read
Meeting the Unexpected
Learning
New friend?
Hideout
Training
New Clones
More friends?
Trust and Bond
Best Birthday
Test
Kurama's Chakra
First Mission
The Deal
Training Filler
The Worst Day
Recovery
Surprises pt 1
Surprises pt 2
Introducing Everyone
Practice Test
Anbu Exam pt 1
Anbu Exam pt 2
First Day Anbu
NOT A CHAPTER/Overview
First Anbu Mission
The Massacre
Uchiha?
The Best Team
Long Term Mission
First Day
Commander
Genin Test
C-Rank Mission
Gato
Chunin Exams pt2
Chunin Exams pt3
Genin Training
Finals
The Attack
The Battle
The Truth
1k?!?
Pervy Sage
B-Rank Mission
Taken
Transition
Split Up
CelebrationšŸ„³/Not a Chapter
Land of Snow
The Akastuki
It Has Begun
Rescue
New Hokage?
Experiment
Infiltration
Pain
Gone
Moving On
Eyes of Illusion
A-Rank Mission

Chunin Exams pt 1

3.4K 88 19
By Kagemaster-Chan

A few hours later we finished with the mission and we're about to report to the Hokage. "I sense our clones in his office, should we wait?" I told them. They all shook their heads no and decided to surprise the genin with us suddenly coming unannounced.

"You guys go, my clone is in the office and they can't know I'm still an anbu." Kakashi said before he shunshined away. We shunshined to the door and I immediately heard Jiji's voice. "You guys can come in." He said which confused the genin about who he was talking to until we walked through the door.

Every genin team was in there and they all stared at us shocked. "Aren't you guys The Six Sins, the youngest and most powerful anbu team!? Such youthfulness!!" Rock Lee cried out as Guy joined him in his praise.

"Ah team Kitsune, what do I owe the pleasure? To be honest I wasn't expecting all of you to be here." The Hokage said mainly directing the last part to me and Neji since we weren't originally on this mission. "We've come to report our mission a success." Shino said breaking the tension while handing him the file.

The five of us silently observed everyone. We eyed our clones until one of them spoke up.

"May I ask, how long have you guy's been in the anbu?" Sasuke asked, with eyes now on him or us. We looked towards the Hokage who slightly gave the okay to answer the question.

"Six years." Shikamaru said plainly without anyone recognizing his voice. Most of them had jaw dropped expressions on their faces except the Elite jonins.

"How is that possible? Judging by your height and the fact you might be our age, you guys would have to be around six or seven years old." Tenten said, surprisingly more observant than I thought.

What the hell?! How could anyone join the anbu at that age? I didn't even know the fireball jutsu at that age, so how can any kid pass the requirements to become an anbu? Sasuke questioned in his mind, slightly getting more irritated by the fact people his age may be stronger than him.

"Kitsune, aren't you the new commander?" The newly made jonin, Kurenai asked. Now Yamato, Asuma and Kakashi silently glared at her for her nosiness with their commander. "Yes I am." Was all I said and to say they were overly shocked is an understatement.

"Excuse my boldness but how could people probably our age ever become anbu, and even the commander?" Shikamaru's clone asked, pretending to be the perspective Nara he was.

"We just trained at a young age, an age where most of you probably didn't even know about the existence of shinobi's or chakra." Natsumi stated, getting a little annoyed by all the questions, along with her other teammates.

"Well I'm happy you're all here, because I have a mission for you Kitsune, that deals with everyone." The Hokage mentions which confused all of us.

"The reason everyone is gathered here is because I'm announcing that the chunin exams are approaching. You don't have to partake in it but I recommend you do. As a little motivator to help encourage you to give it your all, anyone who passes the second phase will be taught by Kitsune before the fourth phase."

The genins all gasped in excitement and looked towards Kitsune who seemed to be frozen.

1

.

.

.

.

2

.

.

.

.

3

.

.

.

.

"WHAT?!" I shouted with a bit of anger but mostly shock. His team and the Elite jonins started laughing at the reaction of their commander. Everyone besides them were confused at what was happening at the moment.

"But Lord Hokage they have jonin leaders for this." I try protesting. "Yes but they may need a break every now and then." The Hokage added, purposely provoking me. I grew a few tick marks before calming down. "Will I have the time? I'm busy with long missions."

"Oh then besides that one I'll clear your mission load to your team." The Hokage had a great smile. The team high fived each other as those words hit me like an arrow piercing through my body. Every non anbu member watched this all take place finding me bold for going against the Hokage or amused at my actions.

"Pftt haha digging yourself into a deeper hole I see." The fox spoke out of nowhere while they all agreed with him.

'Shut it you overgrown furball!' I yelled at him, causing my team to internally starting dying of laughter.

"I'm just kidding Kitsune I won't do that to you and I know what you mean, but that mission is a mission regardless." This time he showed a bit more seriousness in his tone, which finalized this entire thing as a real mission "Hai Hokage-sama, but may I add something to it?." I asked which peeked his interest.

"May my team join in on this?" I earned glares from the five of them. 'I know you aren't trying to drag us into that.' Natsumi stated as they all mentally complained.

"Sure Kitsune, I don't see a problem with that." The Hokage responded as the rest of them cursed me out. The Hokage dismissed everyone but team 7 since they still had to report their mission.

"Does that include him as well?" He was mainly referring to Kakashi because of his identity. "It depends if he can, as long as it doesn't interfere with it." I say referring to the mission at hand.

'You little brat, you just had to bring me into this.' Kakashi spoke, irritated that he's included as well. I laugh it off while the Hokage gives the okay to him.

"Really Kit, you just had to involve me in this." Kakashi said, surprising the genin with great shock. "Wait, your one of the Six Sins sensei?" My clone asked, still wearing his obnoxious mask.

He pulled up his glove to reveal the tattoo on his wrist, which matched with ours. "This tattoo is something only the six of us have, signifying that we're one of The Six Sins. It's made in a special way so they can't be replicated." The Elite explained, amazing the three of them.

One of The Sins has been on this team this entire time? If he trains me then I could become stronger than any of them and I can finally defeat Itachi. Sasuke thinks arrogantly.

"Now that you know who he is-" I say while the team glared at the kids. "Do not tell another soul or even speak a word of it. Whether we want to or not we will kill you. Don't think you won't be caught either, I have eyes everywhere." I threatened them, each of us letting out KI.

"H-hai." Was all they responded while they finalized the success of the mission. "I'll meet with you guys tomorrow, I still have to continue talking." Kakashi said as they all left. While they started leaving, I made a sign to place a seal over Sakura and Sasuke, preventing them from telling anyone about Kakashi and having me appear next to them if they try.

"Jiji, may I ask for the real reason for having me train them."

"Because as you know from the mission you and your anbu team just came back from, apparently Orochimaru is making his move and I have reason to believe he'll use the chunin exams as a way to sneak in. You guys training them and having them learn more jutsus that the other jonins can't because they may not have the right affinity may help them in the battle that might occur." He says sternly.

We shook our heads, understanding what he means and the true seriousness of this.

"Naruto, when the event comes I want every anbu on patrol and alert, no part of the exams will go unwatched. You're dismissed." He states. We bowed and shunshined away, as I prepared everyone for what's to come.

(One week later)
Today was the start of the chunin exams and from the info I've picked up every genin team in Konoha will be taking it. I was walking around with my 'team' until I stumbled upon a boy who's doing a bad job at disguising himself.

"Come on out Konohamaru, I know you're there." I say turning to the wall where an invisibility cloak was placed. "Aw man you found me big bro. Anyways let's play ninja." He says while trying to drag me away from my team but failed. "Isn't this the Third's grandson? Why is he calling you big bro?" Sakura asked in confusion.

"I've known him for years and we would sometimes hang out if I was with Jiji." I explained making them more confused on who Jiji was but they decided not to question it. "I can't play right now Konohamaru, I have to take a test, but maybe after okay?" I tell him as he got excited and ran off.

We started walking away until we heard him yell so the three of us went to see what happened. Once we arrived at where the scream came from, I saw a hooded figure holding Konohamaru. I recognized the design of the person and calmed down before calling out to him. "Put him down Kankuro." I stated nonchalant. He was about to make a comeback until he turned to see it was me.

"O-oh sorry Naruto, I didn't know you knew this kid." He apologized. I rolled my eyes before he let go of the kid and he ran off.
"Where's the other two?." I asked looking around for his siblings.

"Hey Naruto-kun, it's been a while." Temari said walking up and giving me a hug. "Yeah I've got to visit more. Hey Ra-san." I called out as Gaara appeared above Sasuke in a tree.

How did Naruto know he was in the tree? Who are these three anyways? Sasuke and Sakura questioned internally. Gaara jumped down from the tree and we started having a short conversation until my team interrupted.

"Sorry to break this up but Naruto how do you know them, they're sand ninja. What are they even doing here?" Sakura pointed to their headbands almost making it sound like they're unwelcome.

"Well Sakura, as you know the chunin exams are taking place here so of course genin ninja's from other villages will be here. As for how I know them, is none of your concern." I explained a bit annoyed at the annoying pinkette.

"I'll see you guys at the exam sight. I want to show them around." I lied as the two of them walked off. The four of us shunshined to the Hokage who was awaiting for their arrival. I called my anbu team in as well since they needed to be here too. I put up an advanced silencing seal before anyone spoke.

"Gaara, it's good to see you again. I see your Dad has disguised you as a genin. Does he have a plan in mind?" The Hokage asked the three sand siblings. "Yes. We have formed a fake alliance with the sound to draw them out into thinking we'll help attack Konoha, but this is only so they'd be bold enough to make their next move." Gaara explained.

"Good. Naruto, how have the preparations been going?" He asked, turning his attention to me. "They're going just as planned. My squads are position around the walls in case of an outside attack, and I have more around the chunin exam site, watching and waiting for any signal I give them." I explained as he only nodded.

"If needed, I'll alert my anbu as well to help in any attack. Me, my siblings and men are always on standby." Gaara included, insuring more security for the event.

"Great, and as for you guys, during the exam of course you're still posed as genin but to increase the chance of the others passing, I'll need most of you to purposely fail or forfeit during the 3rd and 4th stage. That will be all for now." The Hokage stated as we all shunshined to the exam.

At the testing sight
We all regrouped back with our teams and entered the chunin exam site. There was a group of people crowded next to a door with two people apparently guarding it. 'Genjutsu huh?' I thought while I looked to Sasuke who's seemed to have noticed it as well.

"Move out the way, we're trying to get to the exam on the third floor." Sasuke said out loud gaining everyone's attention. "I see you've seen right through it. I guess some of the rookies are better than they look." He says while letting us in. We stumbled across a hallway until Rock Lee's voice caught our attention.

"Sasuke Uchiha, I challenge you to a fight, right here, right now." He stated with his team behind him looking at him crazy. "Lee are you nuts? You want to fight the Uchiha?" Tenten asked, as he only nodded his head and got into a defensive stance.

'Your teammate is bold Neji.'

'Yes but you know he's the best genin when it comes to taijutsu.'

'That is true, and that's the worst pair up with the sharingan so he's got Sasuke beat.' I stated as they started their fight.

Sasuke ran up to him, trying to land a punch but it got blocked as Lee sent him a quick right hook. Sasuke flew back but suddenly got up and was on the defensive.

"I've wanted to try this out for a while." Sasuke  smirked as he activated his two tomoe sharingan.

The sharingan Sakura and Lee thought as Lee moved at a faster pace and attacked with more punches and kicks. Sasuke could barely keep up and got knocked down again. Why the hell can't I read his moves?! I can copy any ninjutsu and genjustu but I can't get a read on his tricks. Which one is he using? Sasuke angrily thought.

"Sasuke of the Uchiha clan. Your clan's sharingan is powerful indeed. Wielding the power to copy ones movements and hand signs to predict their next move even before your enemy knows it themselves. This may be true, but there's no tricks with my fighting style, just simple martial arts. Even if you can predict my moves, your body can't react fast enough which renders it useless against me." Rock Lee explains while the Uchiha is now shaking in anger.

He hated the idea of someone like Lee being able to beat him. He tried attacking again but Rock Lee immediately performed the dancing leaf shadow technique. Before he was about to use his secret technique, Might Guy swooped in and stopped him.

"Lee, a little spar is all fine and well but that technique is forbidden and you know that." Guy scolded to the boy. They instantly went back to praising each other as him and his team left us there.

"Don't worry Sasuke you're the best genin here, don't let that bushy brow guy get to you." Sakura encouraged. This helped Sasuke calm down even though she was only feeding his ego.

That's right, I'm the number one rookie this year. But that guy, and his other teammate Neji, they just keep showing up with something new! Sasuke thought in a fit of anger. He brushed Sakura off and made our way to where all of the genins were gathered.

We walked in and saw many genins standing around waiting for this thing to get started. Then, every genin in the rookie 15 came around us. "Well look who actually decided to take this exam." Kiba stated boldly looking down at me.

"You're one to talk dog breath." I retorted back to him while he only growled. "What a drag." Was all Shika could mumble and Hinata whispered something that I couldn't make out. We were talking amongst ourselves until a silver haired teen walked up to us.

"Well I didn't think all of rookie 15 would actually take this test. That's the first in 5 years." I said with a fake friendly smile. My enhanced smell caught the scent of snake, and it seems the other four caught the mysterious feeling of this guy too. We all signaled each other other to keep watch of this guy.

"Hi, my name is Kabuto. It seems you guys may need a bit of help during this exam. Name any person here and I can tell you about their skill set, number of missions, and more. And may I ask, I'd like to know your name as well." The teen asked pointing to me as Sasuke quickly said mine and Gaara's name.

He did something with the cards that suddenly revealed our info but I took his cards away at great speed. "Sorry, nice magic trick but I don't like people researching me and my friend. Now I have a trick for you, now you see them-" I say before setting the cards on fire and burning them to ash. "Now you don't." I say before sending him a threatening glare. He backed off and went back to his group and some of them had questionable looks.

"Dobe why did you do that? We could've found something out about the sand ninjas. And how the heck did you set those cards on fire?" Sasuke asked now irritated that he didn't get any info on him. "As I said, I don't like people researching me or my friend and that fire was just a little trick." I plainly explained.

Soon the proctor and anbu guards walked in eyeing everyone. He saw me and my team but glanced away immediately. "Aright everyone take your seats the first part of the exam is about to start!" He shouted as we all made our way to our seats. I mouthed the words snake, sliver hair, and sound when passing by Ibiki and he only nodded.

He silently relayed the info I gave him to a few anbu and had them look into him and his group. For now, all we had to do was wait, while protecting the exams from within the shadows.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 467 74
After a major mission went horribly wrong, the Leaf shinobi were ordered to retreat and abandon those left behind, even if it meant leaving teammates...
2.6K 61 18
"I don't think you're weird. Honestly, It doesn't matter who you slept with before me or who you slept with after me. Because whoever you want to sle...
116K 2.4K 61
Disclaimer: I DONT OWN NARUTO I also don't own the art, it belongs to its respectful owners. Enjoy the story, feel free to comment and vote.
355K 8.5K 32
Fake emotions Fake smiles And a mask All of them hide the pain and suffering I went through and the loneliness I feel. My name is Naruto Uzumaki, a...