☾︎Perfect Little Pieces☽︎ ✔︎

By doobydoo_1801

~Won in the Romance Category in Wattpad South Asia Awards 2021~ • Adira Singhania, 24 year old famous psychol... More

~Prologue~
Character Sketch
~Chapter- 1~
~Chapter- 2~
~Chapter- 3~
~Chapter- 4~
~Chapter- 5~
~Chapter- 6~
~Chapter- 7~
~Chapter- 9~
~Chapter- 10~
~Chapter- 11~
~Chapter- 12~
~Chapter- 13~
~Chapter- 14~
~Chapter- 15~
~Chapter- 16~
~Chapter- 17~
~Chapter- 18~
~Chapter- 19~
~Chapter- 20~
~Chapter- 21~
Author Note
~Chapter- 22~
~Chapter- 23~
~Chapter- 24~
~Chapter- 25~
~Chapter- 26~
~Chapter- 27~
~Chapter- 28~
~Chapter- 29~
~Chapter- 30~
~Chapter- 31~
~Chapter- 32~
~Chapter- 33~
~Epilogue~
~Bonus Chapter- 1~
~Bonus Chapter- 2~
~Bonus Chapter- 3~
~Bonus Chapter- 4~
To My Dear Readers!
Awards!
~New Story!!~
~Wattpad South Asian Awards~
•Reminder•
~Bonus Chapter- 5~
~New Story Alert!!!~
We Won!!!
~New Story Alert!!!!~
~New Story Alert!!!!!~

~Chapter- 8~

34.8K 1.5K 121
By doobydoo_1801

Life seems like a bliss, a fairytale for me. After the engagement as said Arjun did call me. We have been talking ever since then daily on phone. It's so good talking to him. Getting to know him is the most intriguing and amazing thing I have ever thought of experiencing. I still remember the day he called me one and a half week ago. It was the start of many other conversations in our life.

*Flashback starts*

I was reviewing some case studies and prognosis of some patients while I heard my phone ringing. I looked at the caller I. D to see an unknown number. I frowned in confusion as to who will call me at 10 p.m at night.

"Hello who is this? I asked as I picked up the call.

It was silent for a few seconds. But I can hear the other person breathing at the other side. In the deepest part of my heart I had a hunch on who it is.

"Adira" my breath hitched as I heard my name from his mouth for the first time.

"Arjun" for some reason my voice sounded so breathless. I heard him inhale some air.

"Say it again"
"Huh?" I asked confused.

"Say my name again mia cara" I gasped and blushed at his endearment for me.

"Arjun" this time I uttered it shyly. He chuckled making me face palm myself smiling.

"What are you doing amore?" I know Italian so I know what he called me and I can't stop blushing and smiling at his nicknames for me.

"I ... Am just going through some case studies of some patients of mine" I said and he hummed listening to me.

"What are you doing?" I asked biting my lip.

" I was just going through some emails from office and thought of hearing your voice" he said and I can hear the underlying teasing in his tone.

"Oh!... Did you have dinner?"
"I did. You?"
"I did too"
After that none of us spoke, we just say there hearing to each other breath. And after a while we ended the call.

But from the next day we started talking a bit more. From greeting each other at sometime in the day it progressed to late night calls. And now, one and a half week later we cannot sleep without talking to each other.

*Flashback ends*

As I recall our first phone conversation I smile to myself at how shy I was and how free I am, compared to then on how I talk to him.

I soon got busy with my clients.

"We did a great progress today Mr. Svenson. It is really commendable on how long you have come in your therapy sessions. I am sure soon you will be completely successful in your element. See you next week!"
I stood up and shook hands with one of my favorite client. It's not actually correct for a therapist to show favorites but Mr. Svenson is a middle-aged man who suffers from Alcohol addiction and anxiety issues. He is trying so hard to reform himself for his wife and he has shown such an amazing progress that he became one of my favorites. I think it's okay for you to have favorite clients keeping in mind not to cross the professional boundaries between you and your patient. So for me it's healthy in a professional way.

As I was wrapping up writing his session notes my phone started ringing. I smiled guessing who it might be. And I was right it's Arjun! We got to know each other's schedules so that we can call each other whenever we are free.

"Hello!" I cheered through the phone as soon as I picked up

"Hey mi amor! You sound happy? What is the reason? Is it because I called you?" He asked teasing me.
I rolled my eyes at him even though he can't see me "Don't inflate your ego Arjun, it's not because of you" I said smirking

"Well a guy can hope cara" I laugh at him

"Arjun guess what? One of my patients made a really good progress. You could say a break through in our session today I am so so happy for him" I said excitedly like a kid and he chuckled.

"That's great baby and I am sure it's because of you. You bring out the best in people babygirl" he said huskily making me blush.

"Now don't blush baby I am not there to bite your ripe red cheeks" my eyes went wide at this. Dirty man!
"Shut up Arjun! And I am not blushing!"

"Whatever floats your boat amore" Arjun said laughing.

"Ughh you are so dirty minded Arjun"
I whined at him whereas he just laughed more.

We talked for a while and then went back to our work.
We didn't get to meet the past one and a half week because we had so much work to do. After the wedding Arjun and I are going to
our honeymoon so we are getting all our work done now. I still don't know what the place is because Arjun wants to surprise me. He has this big project coming up and I have my patients to sort out. I talked to Arjun about continuing my job after marriage in one of our talks and his response is something which made me respect even more than I already do.

His reply was "Cara mia you are a psychologist before we even got married, you are Adira Singhaniya even before we got married. Who you are shouldn't change ever, no matter what happens. You did a lot of hardwork to reach where you are. You helped so many people and earned this name and respect for yourself. That should not change at all and certainly not because you are married. And honestly you need not even ask for my permission baby. You are your own person and I would never come in between your work and you. I always want you to go and help people because that gives you happiness and all I ever want is for you to be happy baby"

And that was how Arjun Dixit stole my respect, stole my trust, stole my soul.
I couldn't even begin to understand how lucky I got, to get a husband like him.

As I got home that day I had a good time with my family talking to them and enjoying our time together.

I just came to bed when I heard a knock on my door. I opened it to see my sister and my brothers standing there. Yes! My cousin's are also staying here till my wedding. Infact my badi ma and badi papa too.

I invited them inside. "Come in guys what bought you here today?"

"We just wanted to spend time with you since you will be gone in a few days di" my sis said laying herself on me and hugging me. I could sense the underlying sadness in her tone. I looked at my brother's to see them looking sad too.

"Guys please don't be sad you know I am not going anywhere I will be here only I'll always come and visit." I said trying to cheer them up.

"Adi.... doll I never thought you will grow up this fast. It feels like just yesterday dad and mom came home with you in their arms. Wrapped up in a pink blanket so tiny, so cute." Bhai said caressing my hair.

"Yes Adi it just feels like a few days ago you were running around with us chasing you and all of us playing hide and seek and enjoying in our farm house." Ankit bhai told him.

"You remember you always used to come to me to teach you how to play the disc we used to play with, a ball and a tennekoit ring simultaneously and used to throw them in really bad places and mom used to scold us for getting them all dirty and inturn getting ourselves dirty?" Sanjay bhai said making all of us laugh at the memory.

"Do you remember we use to play barbie cooking set when we were kids and we used to force these three big boys to sit and play with us and when they refused bade papa used to give them this stern look and these three grumpily sat down drinking water mixed with salt just for our sakes." Mira said making us all laugh bad.

"Remember how this one time this guy came up to me when we were playing in a park and asked me if I would like to be his girlfriend and Viku, Sanju and Ankit bhai looked at that guy so intimidatingly that he peed on his pants right there?" I said laughing so hard at the memory.

"I can't imagine we all grew up so quick and now my little princess is going to get married" bhai said looking at me lovingly pulling me into a hug.

"Bhai but technically I am the youngest one so I am the little princess na?!" Miru said narrowing her eyes at him.

"Well actually you are my tiny princess. Because look at your height! You are practically a lilliput according to me" bhai said smirking at her and mira in return scowled at him.

Soon enough a pillow fight broke out and let's just say my room was a mess by the end of it and we five slept in my bed that night reminiscing our childhood memories and talking about our lives. Unaware that our parents were watching us with happy tears and praying that our bond always remains the same.

Hello lovely people! So I wanted to bring out Adira's bond with her siblings and cousins and here it is! The next episode will have a really nice surprise 😉 so stay tuned for it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

606K 34.1K 38
[FEATURED]Thrown together on a one month long honeymoon, Vansh and Ahaana had to live under one roof in an apartment, away from chaos, to accept each...
45.9K 3.9K 15
𝓘 𝓯𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓵. 𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓮𝓽𝓵𝔂. 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓹𝓵𝔂. 𝓑𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓵𝔂. _________★...
181K 8.9K 34
Vivaan Rajput: A 28 year old billionaire of few words, holding an aura which can bring anyone to their knees, he is president of Rajput industries. T...
301K 9.3K 36
Story of a beautiful , intelligent 18 years old girl who was forced to marry a guy, engaged to her sister. " Dear Mom I don't think I would be able...