Surrender, Mate. (Cursed Mate...

By _thistroublemaker

ON HOLD FOR THE TIME BEING "Surrender to me, Artemis" He whispers in my ear harshly and I struggle even more... More

Blurb
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
BONUS- ASHALLYN. ASHALLYN NOAH BLACK.
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24- CAMERON'S POV
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26- ALTERNATE POVs
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29- ALTERNATE POVs
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31- CAMERON'S POV
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44- CAMERON's POV
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46- ALTERNATE POVs
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
PUTTING IT ON HOLD
NOT A CHAPTER BUT IMPORTANT!
CHAPTER- 62 Alternate POVs
CHAPTER 63

CHAPTER 64

221 12 6
By _thistroublemaker

A/N: Hey everyone, before you read this chapter, please be warned that I, myself am not sure about when I'll be updating in the future. Life has been too busy lately, and it's gonna be more so in the future. This update is after SO long. I should have made a recap of sorts, but I honestly don't know what to write for recap.

If you do continue to read, I thank you. If you choose to shelf it, I accept that too. I've been the absolute worst at updating this year :(

Sorry for disappointing. I wish I could be more consistent.

CHAPTER 64

CAMERON's POV

"Should we trust Julian with Leah?" I ask Artemis, sort of worried about Leah because I don't know how alcohol affects Vampires. She lets out a yawn as she cuddles into me, and I have to hold back the urge to hold her as tight to me as possible.

"Despite what you think of him, Julian is actually very responsible" She tells me with her eyes closed and I take the time to get my fill of looking at her face which is now completely relaxed and untroubled.

She opens her eyes and catches me staring and mistakes my affection for doubt before reassuring me, "He has always been reliable, but even more so now that he has his mate, so don't worry that gorgeous head of yours"

"Okay" I relent finally and she squeezes me before drifting off. I close my eyes, trying to sleep but failing miserably knowing that for who knows how long, this will be the last night I'll be sleeping beside her...

3 AM at night, she is proved wrong when there is a loud knock on the door, almost making it feel like someone is going to break it down.

I try to check who it is using my vision, but to my surprise nothing pops up.

There is another knock, this one louder than the previous one followed by a series of bells. Artemis wakes up startled.

"What happened?" She asks, blinking.

"Someone is at the door" I tell her, my heartbeat unnaturally fast right now.

There is a loud bang again and she sits upright, all traces of sleep gone from her eyes. She looks at my face and I'm not sure what she sees, but her tone is firm as she says "Let's go check together"

She gets off the bed and when she sees I'm not beside her, she turns to me and says softly, "I can go check alone Ron. No worries, you can stay-" but I'll be damned if I let her go alone, especially when I don't know what awaits at the door, so I jump off the bed and head to the door, Artemis following behind me.

Zeus is up and growling in my head, ready to confront all danger and not let anything touch his mate and for once, I'm glad for his presence, so full of the courage that I seem to be lacking.

Closing my eyes, I grasp the lock and after taking a quick breath, I open the door-

Only to see Julian, Leah and Eduardo standing on the door, Leah looking like she is about to commit murder.

Before I can ask what triggered this unexpected visit in the middle of the night, Leah is pushing past me and stalking in the house. I follow her with my eyes and see that she raises a hand to stop Artemis who is about to follow her.

"Don't" She spits out, "Just... fucking stay away" When she looks at Artemis, there is a desperation on her face as she adds, "I can smell your heat on you so please stay the fuck away from me right now" and walks away, leaving Artemis standing right where she was at, shell shocked.

Zeus growls at the back of my head but I'm just confused... I've never seen Leah talk to Artemis like this before.

"What the fuck happened?" I demand, trying to control Zeus and myself from going to my mate, who is still in a daze.

Eduardo walks past me and goes to sit on the sofa, resting his head on his lap, looking more like a lost puppy that the dragon that he is.

I turn to Julian and he shakes his head as he shuts the door closed and walks in.

Artemis grabs his hand to stop him and demands in a deadly tone, "Speak Now Julian"

He sighs and grabs my mate's hand, dragging her to the sofa, making it harder for me to control Zeus, who is now picturing biting the demon's head off.

Artemis follows him, and so do I. We wait for him to start talking and with one last look at Ed, he begins, "About that-"

*

LEAH's POV

ONE HOUR AGO

I'm getting tired of staying at the bar drinking and flirting with this Julian guy, so I decide to head back to my hotel now.

"Where are you going?" He asks when he sees me stand up.

I ignore him and throw some bills on the counter to cover my tab and give a salute to the hot bartender, who's shown interest in me all night but hasn't managed to stir my interest.

"Where are you going?" Julian repeats again and I turn to him with a frown, "You didn't expect me to drag you to my bed, right? Because I'm not really interested in mated guys ... Hell demon blood tastes awful too, so you're literally of no use to me"

"So?"

"So I'm heading back to my hotel-"

"I'll be dropping you off once I am done with my meeting"

"Meeting who? A ghost? Bro you've been stood up.... Grow a pair and accept it" I laugh at his gullibility and his face contorts with anger.

"I gave Artemis my word, or I'd not give a flying fuck about you, so sit your ass down" He snarls and I roll my eyes.

"I'm not a baby, and neither am I drunk" I reassure him, then pat his back, "Thank you for being a good drinking buddy. See you around"

When I start leaving, he holds me back by clasping my hand and my temper flares.

"Don't test me demon" I snarl, "Or Artemis' friend or not, I'll end you"

His eyes turns red as he stands up, "You leech-"

The rest of his words are drowned out into nothing as I suddenly start feeling lightheaded, my hearing too enlightened where I can hear everything, yet nothing at all, and my eyesight blurry.

"Fuck" He lets go of my hand, "Are you getting a vision?" He asks and I shake my head no. I have better control on my visions to the point that they come and go and all I get in its wake is a headache that makes me wanna die.

This... This on the other hand feels like death itself, yet at the same time feels like I'm the most alive I've been in my entire existence.

Julian makes a move to touch me and I step away from him, clutching my head, I start stumbling to the door... I need to get away because I honestly don't know what is up with me and though this place is filled with supes, I don't wanna risk hurting anyone.

"Ah!" I hear Julian's frustrated shout before he's on my tail, following me out of there.

Once I am outside the door, I glare at him ignoring my head which feels like it is about to burst by the way, and snarl, "Stay the fuck away demon"

"Shut up and let me take you to your hotel" He insists and I get hit with this sudden blood thirst which has me squeezing my eyes shut and walking backwards, away from him... I can't hurt Art's friend...

Suddenly my back hits someone's body and the pain in my head converts to... I don't really have words to describe the need I feel at the contact.

I freeze.

What. The. Fuck.

I turn around to stare at whoever is behind me, because god forbid my heightened senses have left me at this point and stare at a chiseled face.

"Who? Who are you?" I ask softly and his eyes are dark, so dark that I can't read anything in them, they feel more dead than anything.

I focus on smelling his blood and... it smells ancient, and so so tempting.

The older a supe, the more tempting their blood becomes; but this is the first time that I've felt this sharp blood and bodily lust for a creature.

"Who are you?" I snarl, stepping away from HIM now and towards Julian, the demon seems like a safer bet.

His face changes from blank to furious in the blink of an eye and I have to remind myself who I am, the next oracle, a powerful vampire who is scared of nothing.

He takes a step towards me and I have to force myself to stay put, ignoring my body's desire to close the distance between us.

"Stay the fuck away from me" I hiss and Julian speaks up to back me, "She's having an episode of sorts Boss, so give her some space please"

"Step away from her" The man tells Julian and his voice is so sexy, so familiar... Have I met him before? Is he an old bed warmer of mine? I don't think I'd be able to forget that face though...

Julian is hesitant but when he sees the deadly intent in the man's eyes, he obediently steps back.

"Weren't you supposed to look after me and take me to my hotel?" I ask, speaking now because I am too nervous. I need an out and maybe if I keep talking, my brain will start functioning normally and I can find out a way out of here. Away from him.

"He's-"

"Do the words that you gave to Art not matter at the first sign of danger?"

"He's no threat to you!" Julian snaps.

"Well I am feeling quite threatened with him staring at me like he's going to jump me any second now"

"He literally runs a protection agency and has never hurt anyone who doesn't deserve to be hurt for like two centuries" Julian rolls his eyes.

Two centuries? Fuck how old is he exactly?

"And who decides who deserves to be hurt-" before I can say anymore, the guy who runs a protection agency clasps my arm tightly and buries his head in my neck, shocking me.

"EDUARDO WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? SHE'S ARTEMIS' FRIEND, NOT A THREAT" Julian shouts and the name triggers my memory.

Just tell Cameron that I'll be back to Canada next week and we can meet up then to discuss his problems

He's the guy who Art calls Uncle Ed, the man who has a sexy as sin voice.

Before I can clear any misunderstanding between us, his teeth are sinking in my neck and a scream leaves my mouth as his sharp canines tear through my skin and into my flesh.

Everything is blank after that, except the pain, which is too fucking sharp.

I lose track of time as the pain shoots through my body not receding a bit.

I'm confused.

What's happening? Is he trying to bite open my neck? I haven't messed around with anyone but demons lately, so if anyone, it should be Julian who tries to hurt me... so why is this random old thing trying to hurt me? Especially when I am Art's friend...

Where are my survival skills tho? Why is my body just accepting the pain? Where are my fight or flight reflexes?

Suddenly, his mouth is gone from my body and so are his hands, which I now realize were holding me in place.

I take the proffered opportunity and step back and open my eyes to stare at the ancient creature.

"Why-?" I cut myself off when I hear Julian's voice.

"DID YOU JUST MARK A VAMPIRE AS YOUR MATE?"

Mark? Is this what a mark is? WHAT? THE? HELL?

Is he my life partner? Or did he just mess mine and Cameron's life course?

I stare at the man's face, trying to look past his handsomeness, and when I finally succeed I see nothing but regret.

Then I see nothing but red, the darkness in me, utterly consuming.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 5.1K 60
*COMPLETED* *EDITING ON PROCESS* "can you not be so horny for godsakes! I'm your bestfriend... remember?" I said throwing a fit, obviously panicking...
5.8K 216 24
"You can't tell anyone." His words hit me hard, but I was ready for them. I grimaced slightly, but did my best to hide it as I squeezed my arms in re...
280K 13.7K 55
{MATURE +18} I am strong, I am resilient, I am fire... *******************************************************************************************...
14.5K 221 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...