Predator (Klaus Mikaelson fan...

By NalaWoods

SET IN: Vampire Diaries Season 2, 3 Havana Sommers desperately needed a place to hide. She thought that by st... More

Disclaimer & Casting
VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE
Prologue
Chapter 1: Welcome to Mystic Falls
Chapter 2: The Bitch Named Katherine
Chapter 3: Masquerade!
Chapter 4 Meeting the Noble One
Chapter 5: My Old Friend, Elijah
Chapter 6: Our Time In Cuba
Chapter 7: Let Me Forget
Chapter 8: So A Drunk And A History Teacher Walks Into A Bar...
Chapter 9: The Return
Chapter 10: Something About 'Alaric'
Chapter 11: Run Havana Run
Chapter 12: Before The Dance
Chapter 13: Decade Dance
Chapter 14: Little Dove
Chapter 15 Janet Lee
Chapter 16 Moving Forward
Chapter 17 The Joys of Men and Their Issues
Chapter 19 The Ritual
Chapter 20 Choices: The Hinges To Destiny Pt. 1
Chapter 21 Choices: The Hinges To Destiny Pt. 2
Chapter 22 Choices: The Hinges To Destiny Pt. 3
Chapter 23 These Little Ticks Of Mine
Chapter 24 Little Hopes of Change
Chapter 25 Ray Sutton And The Aperols
Chapter 26 The Failed Hybrids
Chapter 27 Ouch
Chapter 28 Toasting To Our Dreams
Chapter 29 What Could've Happened
JJ Maybank (OBX fanfic)
Chapter 30 Back To The Windy City
Chapter 31 Friend or Ally?
Chapter 32 Keeping Secrets
Chapter 33 A Step Closer to Danger...Again
Chapter 34 The Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 35 It Ends With Jazz
Chapter 36 Revalations
Chapter 37 Head Over Heart Type of Thing
Chapter 38 Putting Onself First For Once
Chapter 39 Best Friends Support Each Other No Mather What
Chapter 40 This Strange Little Town
Chapter 41 Unexpectedly Good Company
Chapter 42 You Are My Home
Chapter 43 Nik And His Little Dove
Chapter 44 Meeting Mikael And Multiple Attempted Murders
Chapter 45 Rude Awakenings
Chapter 46 Family Dinners Are Not Peaceful
Chapter 47 Some Witchy Business
Chapter 48 The Ball

Chapter 18 Deadly Consequences

8.7K 248 73
By NalaWoods

Katherine wandered around Alaric's apartment bored out of her mind. Escaping would be a great option for her...if she wanted her head to be on a plate. Klaus had compelled her to not leave the apartment, however, thanks to the vervain in her system that Damon gave her, she was able to reverse the Original's compulsion through a loophole. Regardless, Katherine decided to stay and not face his wrath. God knows what he would do to her if he found out about Damon's secret visit. The vampire settled with rummaging the fridge. Much to her disappointment, there was nothing to eat; empty take-out containers and more empty blood bags occupied the shelves of the fridge. Katherine let out an annoyed sigh.

Get me out of this town, she wished.

The sound of footsteps coming closer to the front door entered Katherine's ears, she whipped her head to the side before speeding to the door curious as to who it was. She ruled out Klaus since he had just left for one of his murderous errands. The door opened revealing Alaric. He stayed in the hallway, opting not to enter Klaus's new lair.

"Look who's dumb enough to come back," Katherine commented.

"Well somebody had to invite him in," Alaric smirked moving to the side revealing Damon. Katherine's arms fell to her side in shock that the Salvatore brother came back.

My head is definitely going to be on a plate by the end of today.

"Damon, would you like to come in?"

Katherine shoved him to the wall as soon as Damon made his way past the door. "Do you know what will happen if Klaus finds out you're here?! Are you trying to get me killed?"

"I gave you vervain and I'm here to collect." Damon pushed her away now taking her original position with his hand firmly gripped on her neck. Without looking back, he said, "I got it from here Ric."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Only one of us needs to get blamed for this. You and Havana get back to the house and keep Elena from handing herself over to Klaus." Alaric nodded before heading back to Damon's car.

Katherine got out of Damon's hold by pushing him off. "Get blamed for what?" She questioned.

"I need to know where Klaus is keeping his werewolf. Dead werewolf equals no ritual."

"You can't interfere Damon. Klaus will kill you and everyone you've ever met." She walked away from him. "No. I won't help you."

"C'mon Katherine. You're gonna like this. It's going to buy another month of your pathetic life."

Katherine turned around smiling with her head held high "But I'm not the vampire he's sacrificing."

"What?"

"He's got, Caroline Forbes and Tyler Lockwood. Therefore, I'm in the clear."

"I wonder who he got that idea from?" Damon sarcastically wondered out loud, eyes flaring with anger as he approached Katherine threateningly

Damon didn't care about the lives of Barbie and Wolf Boy, but they mean a lot to Elena and Havana.

Katherine held her hands up "I'm just trying to stay alive long enough to get myself out of here."

There was another set of footsteps that Katherine heard entering the room. Havana Sommers entered the apartment having heard everything from the hallway. Katherine opened her mouth ready to make an insult but no words were able to come out having heard what Havana had said.

"What if I told you Elena had vampire blood in her system."

"What!?" Katherine finally got a word out.

"Imagine how much fun that would be competing with Elena for Stefan's love for...I don't know...forever?" Havana taunted pretending to think.

The 500-year-old vampire shook her head can't believe she's giving into this. "The tomb. He's got the baby vamp and wolf in the tomb." She revealed.

Damon nodded and walked out the door. Whether he liked it or not (he really did not), he was now on a mission to save Caroline and Tyler.

"Aren't you coming?" He called over to Havana who still hadn't left Alaric's apartment.

"I'll catch up with you later."

Damon turned around "There's no way in hell I'm letting you speak to the hybrid-freak."

"I don't need anyone protecting me. I'm a big girl, I can handle myself."

"He's a thousand-year-old Original."

"And I'm a pissed off woman." Havana crossed her arms not planning to move from where she stood anytime soon. The thought of being a damsel in need of saving irritated her by the minute. The independent and free-spirited Havana from six years ago would've laughed at her now. "I'll be fine, Damon." She confidently stated.

A useless argument with this stubborn woman won't make a difference. Damon shook his head and left for the Lockwood family tomb.

------------

A couple of hours had passed since Damon's departure leaving both women alone in Alaric's apartment where the air was thick with murderous tension. Havana and Katherine were ready to slice their throats open. However, instead of a blood bath, there was an unspoken agreement between the two of being in different parts of the room with a generous amount of distance between them.

Havana's eyes scanned the pages of Catcher On The Rye with intrigue. Though she had already read this during that one summer in Tuscany, it was one of the books Havana always had looking forward to reading again. So there she was, sitting comfortably on the couch while reading a book that she grabbed from the shelf behind her. Her mind peacefully wandering elsewhere. Until the sound of potato chips (continuously and loudly) crunching disturbed her relaxed state.

Katherine leaned on the countertop in the kitchen starring at the Australian with a bag of chips in her hand. She wasn't contented with the silence and was once again bored out of her mind, so the thought of provoking Havana for entertainment entered her mind.

The book was harshly shut and slapped onto the table by Havana. "Can you shut up, you psychobitch! You're driving me mad."

"Someone's being moody," Katherine stated, her voice passive yet Havana could detect a hint of satisfaction. "Is it your time of the month?" She continued while still loudly chewing on the potato chips.

"I will seriously kill you!"

"Get in line. Everybody wants to."

"So you're admitting that you don't have any friends?"

"I'm not the one who's best friends with a bunch of teenagers."

Havana's mouth flung open. "You're the one hellbent on terrorizing everyone! Teenagers and hundred-year-old vampires included!"

The sound of footsteps approaching the door entered Katherine's ears again. This time, she was certain that it was not Alaric nor Damon paying her a visit. Havana stopped threatening her after noticing the fear in her brown eyes.

"Shit! Shit!" Havana sprung up from the couch. She sprinted across the room before entering Alaric's bedroom and hiding behind the door leaving it open so she can peer into the living room.

Meanwhile, Katherine tossed the potato chips to the counter before speeding to the table pouring herself a cup of coffee just in time for the door to open.

Klaus walked in with a stern expression on his face casually glancing around the room as if he was certain that he was going to find something peculiar. After a thousand years of existence, he can tell if someone was ingesting vervain.

"Everything okay?" Katherine asked.

"What have you been doing?" Klaus asked her ignoring her question.

Katherine felt his eyes burn into her soul. Her hands started to tremble but she managed to control them by hiding her shaking hands behind her back. It was as if her instincts were cautioning her on what's about to come. Klaus was in charge now. He had the power to rip her heart out and not think twice about it.

"I'm making coffee. You want some?", Katherine switched onto survival mode and slipped into her legendary role-the innocent woman. She looked at him with a guiltless expression and held up a mug.

Klaus almost believed her act. Until his eyes landed on the J.D. Salinger novel on the coffee table.

He sped towards Katherine lifting her by her throat. She had her mouth open struggling to breathe. Her hands were on the hand that was tightly gripped onto her neck. She locked eyes with Klaus whose pupils have started to dilate.

"What have you been doing?", he asked again.

"I was making coffee", Katherine stopped struggling and answered in a monotone voice to look like she was being compelled.

Klaus inspected her face further before letting her go. Katherine clutched her throat coughing and breathing heavily. She didn't care though, she was in the clear...or so she thought. Before she walked off, Klaus stopped her.

"Take off your bracelet" he 'compelled'.

Katherine obeyed taking off her jewelry and handed it over to him. That bracelet acted as a daylight amulet for her.

"Now, I want you to walk over to the window and stand in the sunlight."

"But I'll burn"

"You don't have a choice."

Katherine had no other alternative and hesitantly walked over to the window bracing herself for the pain. It started with the feeling of heat, that in a matter of seconds, erupted into excruciating pain. She screamed in agony as the sunlight burned into her flesh. It was only when Klaus said enough that Katherine flung herself to the dark corner of the room slowly yet painfully recovering from the burn marks.

"I guess I was wrong." Klaus shrugged nonchalantly as if he hadn't just force Katherine to torture herself. "Alright then, I need you to do something for me." Their voices became inaudible for Havana to decipher, the only thing she got was the sound of whooshing then the door slamming. Katherine was outside of the building. It was only her and Klaus alone in Alaric's apartment.

"You can come out now my love," Klaus called out.

Havana revealed herself from behind the door meeting eyes with him, "Didn't we just discuss not to call me that?"

"If my memory serves me right, we also discussed that you and your friends shouldn't interfere with my plans."

"We never agreed to that."

"Well, then neither did I." Havana stayed silent not knowing what to fire back. Klaus chuckled knowing that he had won this round. "What are you doing here Havana."

"Would you believe me if I said to see you?"

"As much as I would like to believe that. We both know that's not true. I think you're just here to distract me."

Havana shook her head, "The Klaus Mikaelson...always one step ahead. But you're wrong. I came here to see you Nik, I need answers." Klaus tilted his head to the side the ends of his lips slightly turning upwards at the nickname. "Ugh, it was a slip of the tongue."

"By all means, little dove, ask away." He pulled out a chair for her to sit in. Havana paid no attention to his gesture and walked over to the kitchen counter where she leaned on. She stood in front of him with her hands crossed. Klaus let out another chuckle forgetting how stubborn she can be. He motioned for her to start.

"From what I've heard, you've been after a Petrova doppelganger for a thousand years. And when I was finally free from your brainwashing compulsion shit. I remembered everything. Including when we met in Bali and spent our first night together, you saw a picture of Elena, and I began telling you everything about her. Why did you wait six years to come to Mystic Falls? I don't get it. You could've just killed me then and fly straight here to complete the ritual. Back at the Grill, you mentioned that nothing is stopping you from breaking the curse now that you have everything you need. But why did you put it on hold for six more years?"

For the past weeks, ever since Havana found out about Klaus's true intentions, she's been racking her brain trying to find answers to a series of questions he only had the answer to. It was hard to believe that someone who had been waiting over a millennium for something he so desperately needed had decided to take a break for half a decade to what? leisure time? It didn't sit right with Havana. There must be a logical explanation behind his actions.

Klaus, on the other hand, wasn't confused like her and looked at her like she should've known the answer to this easy question by now. "It's pretty simple actually. I fell in love." He smiled.

"Bullshit," She scoffed. "I was your personal blood bag."

"Were. I stopped feeding on you after I confessed my love for you."

"I'm sorry! Should I give you a reward for that?" Havana smiled sarcastically.

The wind blew through Havana's face whipping her hair to the back. She tossed her head back enjoying the moment and the Californian sun shining on her. Her arms were tightly wrapped around Klaus's waist, he was in the front of the motorcycle. Her grip tightened when he speed through the road. Havana gasped at the magnificent view displayed beside them. It was a sunny day (of course) in California. The sun shined its light on the water making the deep blue water sparkle. The flora around them was emerald green and seagulls were flying around the area making bird noises. The crashing waves were inviting to the couple.

Klaus and Havana were on their third trip abroad. After leaving Bali, they went to Havana, Cuba as Klaus promised; the glorious two months there were spent dancing, getting to know more about each other, and making love more times than Havana could count. Then they went to Naples, where they indulged themselves on a food trip; feeding each other gelato and sharing plates of spaghetti-like the two lovestruck dogs in Lady and The Tramp. Love. It felt so fast for the nineteen-year-old girl. But she could no longer control her feelings for the man who made her feel alive. She snuggled her head on the crook of his neck wondering if he felt the same way too.

The couple touched down in Los Angeles, a few days back. They planned to take a road trip from the west coast to the east coast. It will take them roughly, a month. Though they were in no hurry, the thought of taking time in the towns they'll be passing by didn't mind them one bit.

Sixty years ago, though Klaus mentioned six instead of sixty to Havana, he had stumbled across a beach tucked away on the coast of Big Sur. The place was simply known as McWay Falls. The beautiful image of the beach never left Klaus's mind. It was situated in an enchanting cove There was an eighty-foot waterfall dropping its water on the pristine beach.

The two hopped off of the motorcycle. Klaus frowned upon noticing Havana wasn't wearing a helmet the entire time. She innocently shrugged, "What? You didn't wear one. That's unfair love." She pouted her lip mimicking his accent at the end.

Klaus was still disappointed with her but the image of her innocently batting her eyelashes broke his stern frown. "Not if that compromises your safety love." He mocked back with an Aussie accent. Havana stuck her tongue at him. "How mature of you."

"Whatever. So is this want you wanted me to see?" She stared at the trees. "Or you just want wanted to find a place to do it because if that's the case, I don't mind doing the deed on the back of the motorcycle. I find it quite sexy actually-" She teased but was caught off with a kiss. She leaned towards Klaus's touch kissing back. His hands went to her waist gripping them pulling her closer. Havana's hands were on his cheeks. She had to tiptoe to reach his lips. The young woman started to feel hot. But Klaus pulled away before it could get any more heated. She groaned in annoyance. "Tease" She mumbled kicking a rock.

"Relax Havana. We have plenty of time to do that. But you have to see something first." He grabbed her hand and lead her through the trees. Havana wondered what her boyfriend was so eager about, but she didn't ask any questions since Klaus will most probably never give her the answers.

"Are we there yet?"

"No"

"Are we there yet?"

"No"

"Are we there yet?" She repeated. Klaus looked back to see his girlfriend blowing him a kiss.

"You make me regret bringing the packing tape love."

"Are we there yet?"

"The woman behind me has the patience of a two-year-old." He narrated loudly dragging Havana beside him. Hand in hand, they walked the trail. Silence. But it was a peaceful kind of silence, the kind that made them enjoy their company and the views before them without saying a word. After twenty more minutes of walking, they stopped at the entrance of the beach.

Havana's mouth flung open in awe. She had seen many beaches in her lifetime, but this by far was the most unique. Screaming in delight, she ran to the water not caring for her clothes. The cold water gave pleasure to Havana who was sweating from the nature walk. "Get in the water!" She yelled at her boyfriend who smiled at her as if she had gone crazy. "What are you staring at!? I said get in!" She laughed motioning with her hand for him to come in.

Like Havana, Klaus ran to the water removing his shirt and tossing it at the side in the process. She ran to him too jumped, he caught her legs and wrapped them around his torso. It was like a scene in a movie they watched the night before. Klaus twirled them around the ocean water while they kissed passionately. His hands were placed securely below her thighs while her's was on his cheeks. Klaus bit Havana's lip asking for permission to enter which she gave without any second thought. Their tounges wrestled for dominance, but before a winner was declared, Klaus pulled away.

"I love you." He breathed out.

A wide smile was placed on Havana's face. Those three words meant everything in the world to her. "I love you too Nik."

"Always and forever." He said his family's motto. This was the first time he has said it to anyone other than his siblings. Havana smiled again, she wished that this moment would last forever. The two kissed again.

The two knew that one another had taken a trip down to memory lane where the days were brighter and they were happier. They stayed quiet for a while, absorbing the feeling of nostalgia between them.

Havana was the first one who spoke up. This time, her tone was much calmer. "What you did was still an asshole move Klaus, vampire or not." She stared at the ground. Her hands went to her neck covering it from him.

Klaus's expression changed mirroring Havana's pained face. He went closer aching to comfort his love. "I know that no amount of apologies can truly compensate for hurting you, little dove. And I am terribly sorry for all the pain I've caused you. Believe me, Havana, if I had the chance to take it all back, I would in a heartbeat. Never in all my years of existence, I expected to fall madly in love with and be so vulnerable. You are indeed the most beautiful and spectacular woman I have ever met." Slowly, he took both of her hands away from her neck and held them. "There's no need to be afraid my love."

Klaus's took her chin in one hand and turned her face. They both got lost staring at the sparkling oceans that inhabited their eyes. Their bodies were pressed together, noses barely touching.

"We shouldn't," she whispered.

"I disagree with you little dove, " Klaus shook his head.

"But my family-"

"-your family is in Australia. And I love them as much as you do darling. I believe that they are fond of me too." He gently smiled. "Be my queen and we shall rule the world together in all eternity." he rests his forehead on hers.

Havana was could feel herself losing her breath. Her heart had been palpating harder by the second. Mixed dilemmas ran through her mind like a race car on a never-ending race track. She must come to a decision now.

"Always and forever?" Havana wondered out loud.

Klaus looked down at her grinning from ear to ear. "Always and forever, my darling. Always and forever."

They both gave out a little laugh while staring deeply into each other's eyes seeing nothing but joy in them. Havana's hand unnoticeably reached onto her back pocket where the wooden stake was hidden. She knew that it wouldn't kill him but it would definitely delay the ritual. Her smile faltered, however, upon noticing that her only weapon wasn't there.

"Are you looking for this, my love?" Klaus held up the wooden stake. His voice was threatening low.

Havana felt chills run down her spine, she couldn't tear her eyes away from his. His mesmerizing eyes that once inhabited the ocean were now a darker shade of blue housing a dark raging storm.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 22 17
"You have no idea what I'm capable of." Rosalie Salvatore was dead. At least, that's what her brothers thought. In 1864, Damon and Stefan had become...
20.6K 271 41
After Emily Gilbert basically went through hell and back she finds herself where she first started, traveling with Klaus, the only difference is that...
76.9K 2K 27
(SEQUEL TO "Flaming Desire") *Originally Entitled as: Gone With The Wind Rebekah and Victoria just got back to Mystic Falls from New Orleans after...
28.5K 597 31
When Leah Black moves to the new mysterious town of Mystic Falls, she finds her self intertwined with the supernatural world. This leads her to meet...