✦ ✧ ✩ Curtain Call ✦ ✧ ✩ - C...

由 urfavbadger

Eri (OC/FEM♀!) is a writer with an attitude and big dreams that's not interested in dating anyone. On her way... 更多

Chapter 1: She is the Boss
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Charlie's Cassette
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59

Chapter 16

1.9K 52 48
由 urfavbadger

I waited for Maddie's response, my hands on the mouse pad, ready for the next move. Instead, she called me, so I had to leave my laptop aside. Maybe it was a sign.

"Hey girl, how are you??" she said, when I picked up, "I'm sorry about last night. I'm trying to find the balance between being friends with both you and Charlie"

"You have nothing to be sorry about" I said, smiling again at how amazing this girl was.

"You sound chipper, am I missing something?" she said, and the tone of her voice became more playful.

"You are missing a lot actually, come here at our apartment I'll tell you guys all about it"

20 minutes later Maddie was at my place. I already woke Sav up so I could update them both.

"So girls, there's a lot to unpack but I'll just make it short and sweet and you can ask questions after I'm done If you even have any" they looked at each other confused and then at me.

"Ok, spill it" Sav said, "We're ready."

"Last night a number of things happened and the events made their way into this morning. So I'll start with the irrelevant stuff and go into the important ones. I texted Matthew, he replied, almost went to his place, but luckily I was interrupted by a very angry Owen that lectured me back into reality and now I'm literally a new person. Before that I fought with Charlie, and he told me I was no use, and that he was giving up on me. So that's the story. Oh, also, Maeve is staying here working with the costume department"

Both the girls jaws dropped.

"You seriously can't expect us to just take this without asking for details" Savannah said, "I want the whole story from the top and be thorough."

After I told them the whole story again they stayed in silence trying to understand how much happened in so little time.

"So why was Owen mad at you?" Sav asked

"Because I made Maeve sad" I replied

"Simp" Mads said, "Nah just kidding that's sweet" I shook my head at her smiling.

"So you got Maeve a job to make up to her?" Sav continued.

"Exactly." I replied again, nodding my head.

"And both Charlie and Owen basically told you to get your ish together" She sentenced.

"Precisely" I sentenced back.

"We all are really dramatic kids, aren't we?" Sav finally said.

"Yes we are indeed" I replied.

"So, how are you feeling about the whole Charlie thing?" Mads asked. My first instinct was to just say I was happy and that he didn't owe me anything but I tried to follow Owen's advice and find my truth.

"You know I don't really know. I am happy for him and I can genuinely say that. But I also hate it. A lot. I really like him and I blew it. And I'm also furious at him for snapping at me like that, he made me feel like Matthew made me feel when he yelled at me. And the thing I hate the most is he had a reason for it"

"Hallelujah" Sav said, putting her arms in the air "It was hard, but we finally got here ladies and gentlemen"

I rolled my eyes at her and laughed.

"What do you mean?" Mads asked, looking up at her with her eyebrows frowned.

"She means" A voice coming from the front door started answering the question as it came closer to the living room "That Eri finally realized she was scared of being vulnerable again all along"

I ran to Maeve but when I got to her, I hesitated to hug her. She just looked down at me into my eyes and pulled me in herself.

"Maeve I'm so sorry. I really don't deserve..." I started talking as we hugged each other tighter.

"Oh shut up, you snapped at me, it happens. I just really needed to be mad at you for a little. I know you didn't mean it"

"Of course I didn't. You better know that" I said, grinning at her from ear to ear.

"And I'm sorry about the whole LA trip fiasco. I know it hurts but you should get to know Lilly, she is really nice, maybe it'll make moving on faster for you." She looked at me again, and my whole body felt 100 pounds heavier "I'm sorry I didn't mean to be harsh" she continued, brushing my hair with her fingers.

"It's ok. I don't think I'm ready to meet her tho. I really really want to hate her right now" I replied, smiling lightly.

"I get it" Maeve said, and then hugged me again before letting go "But you'll have to eventually"

"You are right" I replied, and put my hands up in the air and dropped them like dead weight "I dread that day. Charlie's not going to talk to me for a while after yesterday, so I think I'm safe for now. The trip will maybe help cool things off, when are you guys leaving?"

"In about an hour" She replied, nonchalantly, as her phone buzzed in her pocket from probably all the texts Owen was sending her to hurry up "They are all downstairs in the car waiting for me, I just really didn't want to leave on bad terms"

"You really are the best of friends" I said, remembering the conversation I had with Owen last night.

"I know" she replied, and playfully flipped her hair "Ok, I have to go. I love you, I will update you on everything, we are probably coming back the day after tomorrow so it's not going to be a long wait"

"Love you too, have a safe trip!" I said, waving my hand as I saw her bolt out the door. When I knew she was downstairs I made my way to the window to peep at them as they were leaving. I saw Maeve getting into the car, giving Owen a peck on the lips and then I spotted Lilly on the backseat playing with Charlie's hair. I could feel my heart sink to my stomach.

"That should be me this is so sad" Maddie sang as she tried to see through the window from behind me.

"Oh Mads shut up" I said lightly elbowing her in the chest.

I could see Sav grabbing her phone and connecting it to the Bluetooth speakers.

"Mads, you poked the bear" I said, as Savannah grabbed a wooden spoon to use as a mic.

"Everybody's laughing in my mind

Rumors spreading 'bout this other guy

Do you do what you did when you did with me

Does he love you the way I can

Did you forget ALL THE PLANS THAT YOU MADE WITH ME? CAUSE BABY I DIDN'T"

Sav got on the coffee table and dramatically performed the whole song for us.

"I really got lucky" I mumbled to myself.

As she finished the show she bowed and we clapped.

"Thank you, thank you, I really do love my fans" she said, waving at us like Lady Diana. She sat down next to us, and we all sat there in silence.

"Now what? The guys are gone, and we can't bother Jeremy and Carolynn today" We looked at Sav smiling "No literally look Jer texted me: 'Please no drama today, we really can't, neither want to, handle it'". We all burst out laughing until we couldn't breathe.

"Eri oh my god your text JUST came through" Mads said, through hiccups "I didn't finish reading your script yet but it's wonderful, I'm fascinated"

"Script?" Sav asked, turning her head like and owl at me. I just handed her my laptop and made my way to the kitchen.

As she started reading I heard Maddie enthusiastically telling her about it. All I could think about was how much I wanted to evoke that feeling in millions of people like that.

"Eri what the hell this is so good, I mean I'm only on the third page but I'm hooked" she continued, her eyes glued to the screen.

"Right? But she is too scared to show anyone else." Maddie said, nodding her head.

"No, but you should." Sav said, and I saw her opening a tab "I'm sending it to every single production company I know. Do you have the query letter? Ah yes, there it is."

Before I could say anything she clicked send.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

215K 6.5K 31
❝𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐭❞ -- 𝐫.𝐡. 𝐬𝐢𝐧 book 1 julie and the phantoms / l...
14K 648 23
Destiny Breenan never imagined three friendly ghosts asking for her help, but the problem is, she's a medium, she helps ghosts and family members, th...
193K 6.2K 68
Jay is Julie's neighbor and lifelong friend, knowing her, Carrie, and Flynn since childhood despite being a couple years older than them. He's always...
211K 5.7K 67
"always and forever." with content life with a boyfriend and a best friend anyone can ask for, what more could y/n need? if only her boyfriend would...