Arrange Marriage | MaNan

By SamairaRajput

Disclaimer - Highly unedited in the initial chapters, no professional grammar, no english translations except... More

Before You Read.
Arrange Marriage
Character Sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Clearing The Doubts!
Guys!
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chaptee 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Cover
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Disappointed!
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Choosing Happiness
Clearing Point of views| Update
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
A/N
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Hello there!
Chapter 103 [Last Chapter]
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1
Sequel|New Book
- Help!
please read -

Chapter 85

24.8K 1.9K 515
By SamairaRajput

Err..I just broke my nail (right hand, thumb nail) and it is too difficult to type now 😌😌

Also, 1M views soon *squealing loudly*

Thankyou so much for the immense love and support.

Also, do shower the chapter with your comments (Since I love reading comments.)

------

A day before wedding, 13 june, 2020

Nandini was in the hospital, in hurry. She had to come hospital hurriedly at 7 in the morning due to some emergency and Cabir was upset.

In the short span of time he had grown so much attached to her. He wanted her to be there in all his functions. Even Raj and Niyonika were little upset but they understood her responsibilities. They didn't want her to neglect her work for them.

Finishing her surgery, she completed her other minimal works and called Manik who was on all ready to pick her up.

As they sat in the car, on the way back to home, he told her how Cabir was being grumpy. She laughed loudly making him smile.

Manik: Don't laugh like this infront of him. He will get more cranky.

Nandini: I know, I will handle him.

She chuckled and he smiled continuing.

Manik: Okay, By the way we are almost done with the dance practice. I don't think we need to practice more.

It was Cabir and Navya's Mehndi and Sangeet day today. Again, both the families had decided to celebrate together. After getting scoldings from Nandini and Cabir, Manik agreed to dance in the sangeet otherwise, he had denied sternly.

He was too lazy to practice but his wife and brother wouldn't let him sit in peace. They literally followed him everywhere, giving him puppy looks and at the end he had to agree.

However, Nandini nodded her head. She unlocked her phone and there was a text from Navya who was asking her to come to Murty Mansion.

She sighed and looked at Manik who was driving silently.

Nandini: Manik

She called out slowly, she was scared that he will get irritated today and that was the last thing he wanted.

Manik: Ha?

Nandini: Navya wants me to come to Murty Mansion

Manik: and Cabir is gonna whin about it.

He sighed. It has been happening from last two days. The previous day also, Nandini was stuck between them. Navya wanted her to accompany her but Cabir didn't want her to go. At the end, Nandini went with Navya since she was attending all the fucntions from Malhotra's side.

Manik: Ek kaam karo

He looked at his watch and then at her.

Manik: There's still time for Mehndi, I will drop you at Murty Mansion, come with them.

He suggested. He didn't want to bound her with him and their family. She had her life also and she had all the rights to be happy and enjoy.

Nandini sighed and looked down.

Nandini: I-

She sighed again and he stopped the car at a side. He held her hand gently and rubbed her knuckles.

Manik: Nandini Baba, It is okay. I understand. You don't have to suspress your wishes. You want to go, then you can go if you don't want to go, then you don't have to go. Okay?

Nandini nodded, a smile making its way on her face.

Nandini: You are the best!

Manik: (smiling) I had to be for my wife is the bestest. Honestly, I can't even imagine your situation. Like one side, your family member and other side your best friend. It is difficult and I understand that.

Nandini: (looking down) Navya feels insecure. She thinks I am no more her bestfriend.

He let out a sigh and squeezed her hand. She looked up as he made her understand.

Manik: She has lost a lot these years and I know she doesn't have any friends. She did jelled up with us but it was because we were Cabir's family. It was more like she needed to.

Nandini: I know.

She felt low thinking about her. She knew Navya has changed, even she has. The time has changed both of them. They were not the "NavNi" anymore who would scribble it on every third bench of their classroom every year. Nandini got busy in her life while Navya become serious. Though Navya was still jolly with Cabir and their family but the changes were visible.

However, Nandini nodded at him, asking him to drop her Murty Mansion.

Manik nodded and dropped her their and he himself left for Malhotra Mansion.

As they had expected, Cabir got more grumpy on seeing him coming alone but then being an understanding brother in law, he understood the situation and let it go.

After two hours, Malhotra Mansion

Manik was in his room when Nandini came inside hurriedly, still in morning clothes. She without saying anything started getting ready due to which he made a bad face.

As she came out of the washroom wearing her dress, Manik's eyes twinkled and he thought she will ask him how she is looking but to his utter dismay she straight away walked to the dressing table and started getting ready.

Manik: Are you ignoring me?

He furrowed his eyebrows seeing her combing her hairs without a word and glance in his direction.

Nandini: Why would I Manik?

Manik: You know that! You are not looking at me.

Nandini: Manik, Mehndi ceremony is going to start, I am the only one who is not ready. So I am being fast. Mukti was also saying she needs my help, even Rhea. Oh God! I am late. Aur aap, ready huye yah nah?

She dropped her hair which she was holding and turned to him. She gaped seeing him still in his morning casual clothes. He didn't look like he was having the mehndi ceremony of his brother in the following hour.

Nandini: Ayiyappa! Manik, Aap ready kyu nahi ho?

Manik shrugged and stood up closing his laptop.

Manik: It's not my fault. You kept my outfit out of my reach and I can't find a single thing of mine. Not even a single thing.

She shaked her head in disbelief and walked to the cupboard. Giving him his perfect ironed outfit, she pushed him in the washroom while he could just make a bad face seeing her getting it so easily and then behaving so strict.

It took him twenty minutes to change his clothes and freshenup. As he came out, he expected to see her all ready and she was, but along with Rhea and Mukti.

Mukti was sitting infront of the dressing table and Nandini was doing her hair while Rhea was trying different neckwears since the one she brought got broken.

He rolled his eyes and stood behind them, combing his hair. Nandini's eyes fell on him and she eyed him to wear other things as well which were kept on the bed. Knowing that she could burst out on him, he silently followed her instructions but he was kind of annoyed on not getting her attention.

He was wearing his footwear when he heard Nandini talking.

Nandini: (to Mukti) Haan, keep it like this, it looks pretty. (To Rhea) Rhea, Leave this like this. This one is going well. You both go now, We will come.

She smiled and both Rhea and Mukti walked out of the room before thanking her and giggling. It was clear from Nandini's face that she needed time with Manik.

As they walked away, Nandini turned to him and she smiled seeing his expressions. He looked like a child who is deprived of his favourite candy.

She walked to him and adjusted his tie making him look up. He shrugged her hand and spoke

Manik: Why are you here now? Go to them only.

She chuckled at his behaviour and he glared at her. She acted like getting scared which made him whin. He held her waist all of the sudden and pulled her closer. She gasped for a second but then composing herself, she started tieing his tie while he was making circles on her waist.

Nandini: Mr.Husband is grumpy hah?

Manik: Your husband is jealous. You didn't even look at him properly from the time you are here.

Nandini laughed softly but nevertheless she held her ears and muttered a sorry. He shooked his head in no, removing her hands.

Manik: It is okay. I am not angry. It is just- Concentrate on me also.

His voice was soft at the end. He knew he behaves like a stubborn child sometimes but it comes naturally when it is her infront. She just makes him crave for her attention in a way no one did before. He didn't even behave this grumpy when Niyonika gave her attention to Mukti and Cabir. Somewhere he was aware how she takes out the best and worst out of him without doing any efforts.

He came out of his trance as she picked up the watch from the side and held his hand. She made him wear the watch while he sat silently.

She looked at him and kissed his forehead making him smile finally.

Manik: I love you

Nandini: I love you too

She let out a giggle making him smile more. She wiped his forehead where her lipstick left a faded mark and he chuckled.

Manik: Nandini

Nandini: ji

Manik: tumne voh nahi pehna?

He pointed at her waist making her frown.

Manik: Arey vahi, Necklace type joh pehnte hai waist pe. Maa also wears sometimes in family weddings.

Nandini: (frowning) you mean kamar band?

Manik: Whatever it is! You don't have one?

He was already scrutinizing his eyes, thinking from where he was going to buy it for her. Nandini realized this and chuckled.

Nandini: You don't need to buy. I have two.

Manik: Just two?

Nandini: Haan toh konsa I have to sell.

She laughed walking to the dressing table and picked up her box which had half of her jewellery. He walked to her as she picked up a simple golden kamarband.

He held it from her, gesturing that he will tie it and she told him how to.

Manik: It looks pretty and you need to have more.

He grinned making her laugh.

Nandini: Aap Bache ho bilkul

He shrugged his shoulders. Holding her upper arms, he made her look at him and then all the of the sudden he tiltled his head and palmed his heart making her shy.

Manik: Itni Khubsurat lagogi toh dhulan ko kon dekhega?

Nandini: Cabir

And she burst out laughing on her own response. Manik joined her. Composing themselves, they checked everything and moved to the hall after locking their door properly.

----

Manik was standing at a side along with other gents except Cabir since he was sitting with Navya and applying Mehndi on his hand as per the ritual.

He wasn't at all cribbing seeing which Manik remembered himself. He had taken the whole house on his head because he didn't want to apply mehndi. At the end, Niyonika's glares did work and the office girls were just aww on him the next day.

However, he let his eyes roam around the hall to find his wife and there, he finally spotted her on Navya's left side. The designer was applying Mehndi on her hand. There was complete hustle bustle, the ladies were dancing in the center as the music was blasting in the background.

He excused himself from the men and walked to Nandini.

Meanwhile, Nandini was laughing on a joke Navya cracked when she felt his penetrating gaze on her. She looked up and then looked down seeing his Intense gaze. A blush crept on her cheek as he straight away came and sat beside her, earning hoots from the sides.

Nandini: this looks so pretty!

She chirped looking at her hands where the designer was applying Mehndi while he smirked

Manik: My Choice!

Nandini smiled. She was really confused which design to choose and had ran to him like a child and he choosed this design in twenty minutes. She could see the designer giggling too but it didn't effect him even a bit.

She came out of her trance as he kissed her head.

Manik: Agar Kuch khana ho, toh btadena. Okay?

She bobbed her head and expected him to get up but he sat more comfortablely and took out his phone.

Nandini: Aap yahin baithoge?

He looked at her and nodded casually.

Nandini: Bhuk lagi hai?

Manik nodded in no but she could read his face. He was hungry but he won't ever say to her. She sighed and called a servent while he was silent.

Within ten minutes, he was served a cup of tea along with snacks. He ate there itself, feeding her in between.

He was in the mid when his cousins, Dhruv, Sahil, Ruhan and Kunal came there and sat beside him. He raised his eyebrow as they made a bad face.

Dhruv: Kya tu bhi Manik, Yahan baithe khaye ja raha hai

Manik: Haan toh?

Dhruv didn't answer him and turned to Nandini.

Dhruv: Nandini Bhabhi, I am Dhruv, Manik's elder cousin brother.

He focused on elder making Manik roll his eyes while Nandini giggled.

Dhruv: Vaise yeh toh kabhi introduce karvane vala nahi hai apse. Matlab shadi ko teen mahine hogaye hai and we are telling him to plan a trip but nahi, isko kaam se fursat mile toh na.

Manik glared at him but he cared less. Seeing this Manik turned to her.

Manik: Nandini, Don't listen to them.

Sahil smacked his head making him groan.

Sahil: Idiot! (To Nandini) Bhabhi, Aap mujhse miliye, vaise toh hum mil chuke hai but I am sure you don't remember me.

He laughed as Nandini looked down embarrassed, she actually didn't remember him.

Manik: Sahil, Should I call Preeti Bhabhi?

Manik smirked as he watched Sahil's face going pale.

Sahil: Tu itna dangerous kyu hai bhai?

Ruhan: Bhai, I heard Manik bhai is scared of  Nandini bhabhi.

Nandini looked at him wide-eyed while other three laughed. Manik pouted as they were making his fun while Ruhan continued before they could say something to him.

Ruhan: By the way, Bhabhi, I am Ruhan. Sahil bhai's younger brother and unfortunately an year younger to your husband.

He pouted and Nandini giggled muttering a hello while Manik was now glaring at him.

Manik: Do you guys know you are destroying my reputation infront of my wife?

He made a bad face earning laughters from them.

Kunal: Hie Bhabhi, I am Kunal. Manik's Mamu's son and we are of the same age.

He giggled and Nandini murttered a hello.

She was lucky in this case. Fortunately or unfortunately, Manik had no cousin sister. He only had brothers.

Nandini suddenly remembered Dhruv and Aliya were expecting. She hurriedly called him and congratulated him addressing him bhai which made them laugh except Manik who was smiling.

They told her she doesn't have to call them bhai and all to which she just smiled shyly.

They were talking and laughing together. Even Navya, Cabir, Aryaman joined them.

Mukti's Room

Mukti: Rhea, We have to give this to Mom.

Mukti handed her two Jewellery boxes and Rhea nodded. Mukti herself held three boxes and they moved out of the room.

Rhea was a little ahead and she didn't notice Abhi coming from behind and banged into him.

The boxes fell down and she fell in his arms. Mukti stopped on her place as Abhi's hand was holding Rhea's waist.

She didn't know why she felt her heart burning at the sight she was witnessing.

She cleared her throat and Abhi who was already making Rhea stand, looked at her. His eyes soften seeing her expressions.

He averted his eyes and looked at Rhea who was glaring at him. She opened her mouth to shout but before that he muttered a "sorry" and walked away, glancing at Mukti.

Rhea: This guy is so weird. He has no manners.

Mukti: Rhea!

Rhea: Sorry

Rhea looked down seeing Mukti getting angry while Mukti was confused. Shaking her head, she picked up the boxes and left from there followed by Rhea.

____

Nandini: Manik

She called out for him who was now using his mobile sitting beside her. His cousins were now sitting beside Cabir and Navya teasing them.

Manik looked at her and raised his eyebrow. She pouted and he shaked his head in disbelief.

Manik: Jab bola tha kha lo tab kyu nahi khaya ache se?

He scolded softly making her whin.

Nandini: But tabhi bhuk nahi thi na!

Manik: Abhi hai?

She nodded her head and he sighed looking around but couldn't spot any servant. Sighing, he himself stood up and walked away to get something to eat.

He came back after five minutes holding a plate of maggie seeing which she frowned.

Nandini: Maggie?

He nodded sitting beside her and fed her a bite.

Manik: All are busy toh I thought to make on my own.

Nandini: and snacks?

Manik shrugged to which she shaked her head in disbelief. This man was so moody. Like he could simply get some snacks for her but no, he didn't. Instead he himself went in the kitchen and made maggie. She was sure there were servants but he didn't say them.

Nandini: Bache ho aap?

She teased using his line and his ears went pink for a second. He looked down, composing himself and bobbed his head in yes.

Manik: Yours!

Her eyes went wide open and she looked at the sides. Finding everyone busy she looked at him and felt her cheeks turning crimson red and he burst out laughing making her blush more.

To Be Continued.

So yeah, How was the update?

I am still going through writer's block and it is too difficult but all thanks to jasmine_r22 who is supporting me and helping me so much. Lots of love to you diduu.

Also, I won't be disclosing whom I am going to pair with Abhi because I guess it is gonna ruin the suspense completely and I hope you will love the pair. I do notice the comments you guys do. It is just situations don't let me reply.

But I will try my best to connect to you people soon.

Second, There is no baby track for now. It will come but not now. For now, enjoy there romance, nok-jhok, and ofcourse, fights😌🤪

Will be updating soon❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
9.9K 176 31
[ COMPLETED ] Royal series - I (Rudra♡Nandni) Historical love story of nandni and rudra👑 [Extract from my novel-Rudra Nandni] Amidst the festive atm...
195K 11K 39
The kingdom of Aria has been at war for years. The new king heralds an era of peace. But every victory comes at a price, and it was paid by a young c...
213K 9.1K 60
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...