𝐎𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡...

By fangirl_centralA

"𝐖𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐌, 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅." In which Caroline Byers... More

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇
𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓
𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 & 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏: 𝐈 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐: 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅-
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑: 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭, 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐬 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒: 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐀 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓: 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭-𝐑𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐭
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔: 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐈𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐨 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐇𝐢𝐦
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 7: 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐃𝐢𝐩𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭
CHAPTER 8: Do You Ever Stop Eating
CHAPTER 9: That's What She Said
CHAPTER 10: Invention of the Middle Finger
CHAPTER 11: HE FOUND THE CHOCOLATE PUDDING
CHAPTER 13: Home
CHAPTER 14: Yeah, B*tch, I'm Back
Book Two!

CHAPTER 12: When The Party's Over

1K 46 52
By fangirl_centralA

"don't say no,

i'm no good for you

i've learned to lose you

cant afford to"

-when the party's over, Billie Eilish

THOSE WORDS WERE ALL THE PARTY needed. Promptly leaving behind their pudding stash, they began to sprinting to the exit of the cafeteria.

"How did they find us?!" Lucas hissed.

"I don't know, but they knew we were in the gym," Mike panted.

Just then, agents burst through the door, looking bigger and meaner and scarier than any bully Caroline had ever met.

One man spoke into his walkie, "Got 'em!"

"Go, go, go, go, go!" Mike shrieked.

Caroline was frozen in place, barely registering when Lucas grabbed her hand and pulled her down the hall, far away from the door.

They sprinted down the other way, turning the down the hall but stopping abruptly when they saw they were cornered on both sides.

"There they are!"

"Freeze!"

They were stuck.

Caroline had never had a gun raised towards her before. It was a strange, out of body experience, knowing you couldn't escape. In that moment, death was inevitable. It was inevitable anyway, though. Everyone died.

She was at peace as she met the woman's cold, unfeeling eyes with a set jaw. The woman pursed her lips, taking aim, and-

BAM.

don't say no,

i'm no good for you

A blunt force hit Caroline's stomach, making her double over. A hand instinctively went to the right side of her stomach, noting faintly that the skin around the area stung, worse than any  infection or scrape she had ever had.

"NO!"

i've learned to lose you,

cant afford to

Caroline had never heard such a horrified sound come from one of her friends before, let alone Lucas.

Brave, brilliant, Lucas, who had only cried once in all the years Caroline had known him, and that when his grandmother died.

Now, as her knees collapsed, and she felt his warm, strong hands catch her, she looked into his beautiful brown eyes and saw rare, raw emotion. He quickly pressed the fabric of his shirt to the wound, making her gasp in pain.

tore my shirt

to stop you bleeding

"Bastards!" Mike shouted, lunging forward.

Dustin stood in shock for a moment before yelling at the agents, who had started talking into their walkies about shots fired and child down and a whole bunch of other things that didn't make sense.

but nothing ever stops

you leaving

"WHAT DID YOU DO?" Lucas screamed over the chaos, fury contorting his features like nothing Caroline had ever seen.

"You shot her!" Mike was spitting with rage.

"I'LL KILL YOU!  I swear to god, I will kill you!"

The female agent opened her mouth as though to say something, but suddenly choked. A slow trickle of blood trailed from her beady eyes, then started gushing all at once. The other agents had followed suit, twitching and choking, before all collapsing in unison.

quiet when i'm coming home,

I'm on my own

Standing in front of everyone, hand outstretched, risking her life to protect her friends, was Eleven.

She had killed them.

There was an eerie silence before Eleven, looking pale and shadowed as a corpse, collapsed next to Caroline.

i could lie,

say i like it like that

like it like that

"El," Caroline said weakly, reaching out towards the girl she had come to love like a sister. Eleven's eyes were shut and she looked far too close to death.

"She's barely breathing," Mike said, sounding close to tears. Caroline couldn't tell who he was talking about, but she prayed it wasn't El.

yeah, i could lie,

say i like it like that

like it like that

"We gotta go," Lucas said firmly. The boys began to lift their girls off the floor when an eerie voice sounded through the hallway.

"Leave her." The man had white hair and a stiff yet relaxed gait, completely out of place here. "Step away from the child."

"No! You want her, you have to kill us first." Mike stood tall, looking confident and furious from where Caroline sat, slumped against the wall.

"That's right!"

"Eat shit!" Lucas and Dustin stepped forward, yelling their empty threats before more agents came up behind them and grabbed their arms. Caroline's pain was making everything foggy, but one thing was clear; they weren't getting out of this.

Or at least she wasn't.

don't you know

too much already?

She could feel the bullet in her side, the metallic roughness. She couldn't remember what you were supposed to do for a gunshot wound- take it out?  Leave it? Put pressure on it? Wouldn't that just push it in further? - and she was too weak and exhausted to act.

So she watched helplessly, squirming in pain, as her boys screamed and fought against the men twice as big and smart and armed as they were.

i'll only hurt you

if you let me

The man in charge with the silver hair knelt and took Eleven in his arms.

"Eleven? Eleven, can you hear me? Eleven?"

Eleven's eyes were halfway shut. "Papa?" She managed.

Papa. Bad men.

So this was the son of a bitch.

From the way he held her, you would think he loved her. That she meant everything to him.

But this... this wasn't love. Love was putting someone before yourself. It was sacrificing everything to make that person happy. It was smiled and hugs and cooperation and a relationship.

call me friend,

but keep me closer

This was another thing. Something much more twisted and sinister. This man was obsessed.

"Yes, yes, it's your papa," The man told her. Caroline vaguely heard one of the other men call him Brenner.

Mike was struggling against his captor, shouting obscenities, but Caroline knew there was no point. Who were they, to think they could have saved Eleven? What made them special? They couldn't even save themselves from everyday bullies at school, let alone a girl with superpowers and a boy kidnapped to another dimension...

Will.

and i'll call you when

the party's over

"El," Caroline grunted, fighting back tears from her own pain. "El, remember Will-"

One of the agents nearest to her, the one holding Lucas, kicked her carelessly against the wall, making her cry out as pain erupted, worse than anything she had ever felt. Whatever peaceful numbness she had been graced with was gone.

"I'm here now." Brenner was ignoring them, trying to force his experiment to look at him, but Eleven's eyes were glued on her friend. There was a silent exchange between the two girls and El nodded- briefly and barely noticeable, but there.

"Shh, shh, you're sick. You're sick, but I'm going to make you better. I'm going to take you back home, where I can make you well again. Where we can make all of this better, so no one else gets hurt." Brenner was still talking- Jesus, did this man ever stop his creepy mantras?

"Bad." Eleven's eyes narrowed. Her focus flickered to Mike. "Mike."

quiet when i'm coming home,

i'm on my own

Suddenly there was a surge of electricity in the hallway, causing the lights to flicker violently.

"Blood," Mike whispered in horror.

"What?" Lucas finally tore his eyes off of Caroline and stared at Mike.

"Blood," Mike repeated.

There was an ominous thud before the wall of the school hallway broke open and the creature of their nightmares climbed out.

and i could lie,

say i like it like that

It opened its freakish mouth and revealed row after row of blade-sharp teeth before letting out a shriek to rival that of Dustin Henderson.

It was Dustin himself who had the guts to say what they were all thinking. "Demogorgon."

The agent's grips went slack and the boys escaped, running to the girls on the floor just as the guns started firing at the monster as if bullets could stop it.

like it like that

"Go, go, go, go, go!" Dustin heaved El off the floor and Lucas picked up Caroline, making her cry out. Red had bloomed across the front of her dress, slicking Lucas's dark hands with red.

Mike led the sprint into the nearest classroom. The boys lay the girls onto the lab tables. Mike immediately went and took El's hand, wiping tears from his eyes. Lucas and Dustin were scrambling to put pressure on Caroline's bullet wound, yelling at her to stay awake, trying to keep her from closing her fluttering eyes.

but nothing is better sometimes

Meanwhile, Caroline knew her time was running out, if it hadn't already. The shrieks of the demogorgon felt far away. The cold Will was feeling had sunk into his sister's bones. Caroline was certain that sometime in the last couple of minutes, Will had stopped breathing. She felt like she was choking on air. It was only a matter of time when Will's heart would stop.

Then Caroline's would too.

once we've both said our goodbyes

Mike met Caroline's eyes and he choked out, "I'm sorry."

Caroline managed to shake her head, barely.

Mike Wheeler. He was an overdramatic idiot, but he was Caroline's overdramatic idiot. They weren't blood, but they were as close to brother and sister as two people could possibly be.

The memories of their friendship flashed before her eyes. "Don't be."

Dustin was pushing too hard on her stomach to possibly be good for her injury. He was still, even when faced with the most horrible things he could possibly face, muttering "you're okay, you're gonna be okay." Always the positive force in the party, the comic relief, the bright side.

Caroline took his hand in hers. His honey brown eyes met her blue ones and there was a silent agreement between the two of them.

"Tell Will I say hi," Caroline said.

Dustin shook his head. "You tell him yourself."

so let's just let it go

Lucas was crying so hard now that Caroline doubted he could see through his tears.

"Lucas," she whispered, as the feeling of Will's suffocation became thicker.

Lucas shook his head, still pressing on her wound. "No, no, no..."

"Lucas, look at me."

Caroline reached up and touched her hand to his face, staining it with her blood. She waited for him to meet her eyes.

"It's too late," she whispered. "Will stopped breathing a couple of minutes ago. I could feel it."

"No, please," Lucas sobbed.

"It's okay," she smiled gently, a tear slipping from her cheek. "Let me go."

Let me

let you

go

The demogorgon screeched from the hallway, making the party shudder. Lucas clutched Caroline's hand in his own, covering them both in her blood.

Caroline's vision was tunneling. Her body heaved on instinct from in lack of oxygen.

i could lie,

say i like it like that

like it like that

Was it the bullet wound that would kill her in these last moments, or her shared trauma with her twin?

The demogorgon burst into the classroom in otherworldly terror, but Caroline was already too far gone to really see it.

A tear trailed down her cheek.

I'll see you soon, Will.

Lucas was scrambling for his wrist-rocket, aiming for the monster.

Caroline Byers was at peace with death.

Because her other half was on the other side.

In the other dimension, far, far away, Will Byers' heart stopped.

Caroline's did at the same time.

Their lives had begun together, and that's how they ended.

and i'll call you

when the party's over

PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!!! I don't know if this is the end of the book or not. I have more I could do, but i feel like this is also a bittersweet ending that could really fit. Let me know what you guys want!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

394 26 11
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐃𝐞𝐥�...
1.5K 74 9
「𝗶 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝗯𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿. 𝗶 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝗯𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱. 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝗼𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗹�...
18.4K 401 34
"I c-can't feel or- or see anything." ✩-.. Will's connection to Vecna is getting stronger, and nobody knows how to help him. Will he be able to escap...
44.9K 1K 30
"𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐬 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬, 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮." Samantha Henderson, the older sister to Dustin, is swept into the world...