𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑: 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭, 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐬 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝

"Right now, I wish you were here with me

'cause right now, everything is new to me

You know I can't fight the feeling, and every night I feel it

Right now, I wish you were here with me."

Right Now- One Direction

𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄. Rain fell in torrents, pounding on the windows and the door.

Loud bangs echoes all around them, but for once, Caroline almost wasn't fazed by the thunderstorm. All she could do was stare at the pale, bald, shivering girl sitting on the couch in front of her, in the Wheeler's basement.

The girl hadn't said a word since they found her. Every time thunder sounded outside, she clenched her eyes shut. Her wet, oversized yellow T-shirt clung to her skin.

The boys would not stop bombarding the mystery girl with endless questions that she either couldn't or wouldn't answer.

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?"

"Where's your hair?"

"Do you have cancer?"

"Did you run away?"

"Are you in some kind of trouble?"

"Is that blood?" Lucas reached out his hand to touch the girl, who shied away from him. Mike smacked Lucas's hand.

"Stop!" Mike said angrily. You're freaking her out!"

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas protested.

"I bet she's deaf," Dustin said. He jerked forward and clapped his hands loudly in the girl's face, who looked at him at him with bewilderment and confusion. The rest of the party stared at him.

"Not deaf," he said, as though dropping incomparable knowledge on their asses.

"That's enough!" Caroline snapped. She glared at the boys, who looked away sheepishly. "Alright? She's- she's just scared, okay?"

The girl looked at her with bright, fear-filled brown eyes.

"And cold," Mike added. He looked around the basement and reached for a pile of clean, neatly folded clothes that his mother has been pestering him to put away all day. He handed sweatpants and a sweater to the girl.

Mystery girl took them and pressed them to her face, sniffing them. Lucas and Caroline shared a glance. What the hell?

Then the girl stood, grabbed the bottom of her shirt, and started to pull the fabric up.

Lucas was the first to react, letting out a loud, "HOLY SHIT!"

Mike nearly tripped over the chair beside him, scrambling to avert his eyes.