𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 7: 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐃𝐢𝐩𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭

"Wake up, stay with me

Through the flood and through the fear

Right now I need you here

I need you to stay strong"

-Are You With Me, nilu

TRIGGER WARNING: NON-GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION OF SEXUAL ABUSE

"WHERE DOES THIS GO?" Mike turned to Caroline as he sat with a makeup brush. Eleven was criss-cross applesauce across from him, looking thoroughly confused.

"It's called blush, Michael," Caroline said irritably. "Where do you think it goes?"

Mike shrugged and started to apply the blush on Eleven's cheeks, who recoiled in bewilderment. Caroline laughed- partially at Eleven's discomfort, as mean as it was, but also seeing Mike out of his comfort zone.

Taking one last look them, she went to go check out the attic to see what the other boys had found.

She heard contagious laughing first, before she walked in the door. Peering in, she saw Dustin holding up a pair of fairy wings, attempting to put them over his arms, while Lucas cackled. They both froze when they saw Caroline, who was fighting back a smile.

"As cute as you look, Dusty," Caroline said, "I don't think they'll help Eleven fit in."

Lucas held up a pair of ugly green overalls, looking at Caroline for approval. "Are these okay?"

Caroline wrinkled her nose and walked over to the chest he was digging through. "Jesus, those are awful. What about... this?" She held up a light pink dress with a crimped top.

"Dude, I remember that dress!" Lucas laughed. "That's the one Nancy used to let you wear when we played D&D in elementary school. You always wanted to be the princess."

"I think it's perfect," Dustin said. He held up a blonde wig. "What about this?"

"Perfect," Caroline confirmed. Dustin beamed.

Five minutes later, a brand new El walked out of Nancy's room. She wore lip glass and the wig fit over her shaved head. The pink dress gave her a sweet and innocent look that would lead anyone far away from thinking she had superpowers. When she reached the group, she looked at Mike shyly.

"Wow," Dustin smiled. "She looks-"

"Pretty," Mike said, unable to take his eyes off of her. He had a sweet look of total adoration on his face. Then he noticed the looks the others were giving him and stammered, "Good. You look pretty good."

Lucas and Caroline just smirked at him.

Eleven, completely oblivious to the starry eyes Mike was giving her, walked past the boys and Caroline to the hallway mirror. She smiled when she saw her reflection.