An August Wedding

By SkyPhoenix13125

Your parents wanted a son to take over the family business. His parents wanted their son to gain some busines... More

Author's Note
Ch. 1 - The Ceremony
Ch. 2 - The Honeymoon
Ch. 3 - Family Discussions
Ch. 4 - Good Friends
Ch. 5 - Wedding Gift
Ch. 6 - The New Hires
Ch. 7 - Clashing Heads
Ch. 8 - Hard Work
Ch. 9 - Lunch Dates
Ch. 10 - New Ideas
Ch. 11 - Suspicions
Ch. 12 - First Fight
Ch. 13 - Plans
Ch. 14 - Shareholder's Meeting
Ch. 15 - Family Approval
Ch. 16 - Dinner Party
Ch. 17 - Inspiration
Ch. 18 - Assistance
Ch. 19 - Musical Stylings
Ch. 20 - A Modest Proposal
Ch. 21 - Side Steps
Ch. 22 - Double Date
Ch. 23 - Charity Ball
Ch. 24 - Divides
Ch. 25 - Date Night
Ch. 26 - Visits
Ch. 27 - Making It Work
Ch. 28 - Moving Forward
Ch. 29 - Wake Up Call
Ch. 30 - Family Favors
Ch. 32 - Reporting
Ch. 33 - Visitors
Ch. 34 - Bonds
Ch. 35 - Next Steps
Ch. 36 - Deals
Ch. 37 - Celebrations
Ch. 38 - Exploring
Ch. 39 - Launch Party
Ch. 40 - Guys' Night
Ch. 41 - Girls' Night
Ch. 42 - Opportunities
Ch. 43 - Turning Point
Ch. 44 - Decisions
Ch. 45 - Showcase
Ch. 46 - Changes
Ch. 47 - Back to Work
Ch. 48 - Another Wedding
Ch. 49 - Different Directions
Ch. 50 - Favors and Secrets
Ch. 51 - Rides
Ch. 52 - Guidance
Ch. 53 - Confessions
Ch. 54 - News
Ch. 55 - Bad Timing
Ch. 56 - Flipping the Script
Ch. 57 - King or Boss
Ch. 58 - Deciding Factors
Ch. 59 - Crunch Time
Ch. 60 - Negotiations
Ch. 61 - Offers
Ch. 62 - Prep Work
Ch. 63 - Potential
Ch. 64 - Results
Ch. 65 - Free
Ch. 66 - Epilogue
Extras

Ch. 31 - Assessing

114 8 0
By SkyPhoenix13125

"This isn't what I meant by payment," Jungkook grumbled as he took another bite of his biscuit.

"When Jin does something nice, I buy him food. And last time I checked, you had plenty of money."

Jungkook quickly polished off his breakfast without further complaint. He and Yoongi were at the car dealership, waiting to get an estimate on the damage.

"All right, Min," the salesman sighed. "It's fixable, but it'll take some time. At least two weeks."

"Thanks, Leeteuk."

"We'll get a rental for you in the meantime. Anything else I can do while you're here?"

"Yeah. Keep this on the down low. And I mean the down low."

Leeteuk beamed. "Anything for one of my favorite customers. Now, about that rental car."

After making sure that Yoongi was good to go, Jungkook split off to go to work. His cousin did the same.

He still made it to work a bit early, and decided to call Namjoon up to his office.

The taller man was no fool. He could tell something was wrong, and the first question out of his mouth was what had happened.

"There was an accident last night," Yoongi explained slowly. "(Y/N) and Jin are at the hospital."

"What? Are they okay?"

"I don't know. I haven't had a chance to go by yet. I got back too late last night. Hoseok is going by today, he said he'd let me know what the situation is. But the point is, I need you to step up and keep things under control for me."

"What are you going to tell the other employees?"

"As far as anyone else is concerned, she's sick. If my parents find out Jin was in an accident, they may threaten to replace him. And her parents don't even know she's at the hospital. As long as the employees don't know, there's no problem of anyone finding out."

Namjoon sighed heavily. "Okay. Keep me updated."

"Sure. Now go...do whatever you do."

"How long have you been in charge now?" Namjoon teased.

"Bye, Joon. Let me know if you need anything."

"Sure. Hey, don't think I forgot about your trip. I want to hear about it later."

Once he was alone, Yoongi leaned back in his chair, ran his hands over his face, and sighed.

"Time to tell Tae."

He had chosen not to tell Taehyung what had happened at the airport. He had simply said Jin was tied up and couldn't come to get him.

The younger man had offered to get him a taxi or something but he refused. He couldn't put his finger on why he didn't tell him the whole story.

He did owe Tae for saving his music from Lee Hansol. But he seemed out of it on the plane ride home. Taehyung was normally bright and full of energy. For most of the return trip, he'd sat quietly and watched movies. But he wasn't really watching them.

His eyes were glazed over, thinking about something far away. He even nodded off a few times only to jerk awake several minutes later. Yoongi had never known him to do that. When Taehyung slept, he fell asleep for hours at a time. Even for naps.

Maybe that was why he hadn't said anything at the time. Taehyung was obviously exhausted. If he'd mentioned the hospital, he had no doubt he would have gone first thing this morning when visiting hours were available.

But now he picked up his cell phone and dialed his number. It was the least he could do to be fully honest about the situation.

You hated the sun. Why was it always so bright in the morning? You wanted more sleep.

But you could feel it already. Your body waking up and just waiting for you to open your eyes.

You sighed and rolled over, intending to ignore the sun for a bit longer. But as you did, your mind registered that this was not your bed. It didn't feel the same.

It still took a few more seconds for you to open your eyes and confirm your suspicions.

This was definitely not your bed. Or your room. You shifted slightly to sit up and realized you were in the hospital. And just like that, the accident came flooding back to you.

But if you were here, where was...?

"You're awake!"

You looked up to see Hoseok standing in the doorway.

"Hobi?"

"Hey, sunshine. How are you feeling?" He asked, coming to stand by your bed.

"I'm okay, I think. My head hurts, but where's Jin? Is he all right?"

"I think so. They won't tell me anything since I'm not family. He's sleeping like a log in the next room."

"Has he woken up yet?"

"Not since I've been here." Hoseok sat down in one of the chairs nearby. "But he didn't need surgery or anything, otherwise he'd be somewhere else."

You shook your head. "This is all my fault."

"Hey, don't start that. You're both okay and that's what matters. The other guy was at fault anyway, so you're not to blame."

"Who told you that?"

"Yoongi. He's been talking to an officer that was at the scene."

"I'm glad he got home in one piece."

"Me too."

"Ah, Mrs. Min."

The name was so unfamiliar to you that you almost didn't respond to it. But the doctor came to stand at the foot of your bed so he was obviously talking to you. You glanced up at him.

"Park Jinyoung, nice to meet you." He flashed you a wide smile. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay."

"Do you mind if I ask you some questions?"

"Go right ahead."

So he asked about the accident and you told him as much as you could remember. He made a few notes and then asked you to move around and adjust your position, going through the ranges of motion on some areas of your body.

Dr. Park glanced at Hoseok. "I'd prefer to mention this in front of a family  member--"

"Hoseok is a family friend. Anything you need to say can be said in front of him."

"Very well. You're a bit bruised and you may experience some symptoms of whiplash in the coming weeks. But aside from your head, you don't have any major injuries."

"And is that serious?"

"We found a cut on your head when you came in. It was thin, so it was likely from a piece of glass or something similar. It was a large cut, so we thought it may become something serious if left unchecked."

He gave you a reassuring smile. "But your memory seems intact and you can hold a conversation. Your range of motion is fine, which means your neurological functions are intact as well."

You breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness."

"We'll keep the bandage around your head until you get released, to make sure it doesn't get aggravated. Aside from some minor aches, you should be fine."

"Thank you, Dr. Park. And what about Jin? Is he going to be okay?"

He cleared his throat. "We're not sure yet. He narrowly avoided the steering wheel. However, his shoulder was dislocated from the impact, he has three bruised ribs, and several cuts from the window shattering next to him, including some on his head as well. We're waiting for him to wake up to see if we missed anything."

"Okay. Thank you, doctor."

"I'll come back to check on you later. And if there's any update on Mr. Kim, I'll let you know."

"Thank you."

The minute he was gone, you flopped back onto the bed with a sigh.

"Hoseok, can you text Yoongi for me?"

"Sure. What for?"

"If Jin's seriously hurt over this accident, he should at least know what caused it."

Yoongi glanced up as his phone chimed.

"(Y/N) is awake. Wanted to tell you that the reports are wrong. Something is wrong with the sales or marketing numbers. Said you would know what that means."

He sighed heavily. "Never stops working, even in the hospital."

Another message popped up.

"Doctor says Jin could be seriously hurt. She's taking it pretty hard. Bring flowers or something when you come, okay?"

"And they're always underestimating me."

He had the receipt to prove it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

522K 21.9K 35
Marriage is the biggest commitment a person commits to. Divorce is an option but you will always have the 'divorced' stamp on you from the eyes of th...
478K 17.2K 41
"Look, you have to marry me. It won't be that bad. You're someone I used to know and you're honestly not that half bad looking" he looked you up and...
49.7K 2.3K 59
Fake Marriage/Fake Dating AU Park Y/N finds herself thrown into a marriage with Jeon Jungkook after agreeing to a marriage contract without thinking...
22K 889 68
A relationship between two people is already hard enough no matter how much they love each other, what about when there are seven people involved? Ca...