Refusing Rejection [UN COMPLE...

By joyful_marbles

A GIRL. A BOY. AND A CURSE. ~*~*~*~*~ Jane Archer is an invisible nobody, and she's tired of being a pushove... More

Refusing Rejection
01 Maturing
02 Catching A Scent
03 Meeting Mr Alpha
04 Forgetting About Mike
05 Alternate Idea
06 Facing Fears
07 Reasons
08 June
09 Pack Meeting
10 Being Bad
11 Rescue Mission
13 Tiny
14 Only For A Moment
15 Old Habits
16 Family Secret
17 FamilySecret (Part II)
18 Make Me
19 Luke's Mate
20 Boyfriend
21 Living Arrangements
22 Laundry
23 Motive
24 Changing
25 Falling Into Place
26 Payback
27 New Deal
28 Halloween (Part I)
29 Halloween (Part II)
30 Halloween (Part III)
31 Ronan's She-Wolf
32 Unlikely Friends
33 Ultimatum
34 Bad Feeling
35 Unleashing The Witch
36 London
37 She's Jane
38 From London to Rome
39 What We Could Be
40 Date
41 Box
42 Remember (Part I)
43 Remember (Part II)
44 Dawn of Ruin
45 Surrender

12 Her Way

148K 6.9K 776
By joyful_marbles

WARNING: Some content in this chapter refers to mature themes

Over the years Jane had been told only a few things about hunters. Coming from a family that lives in the kitchen she was always spared the gory details. All she knew was the basics; they're humans who have a deep family history of hunting werewolves and if you got caught by one you'd surely die.  

It never really occurred to her until today how serious this whole situation is. She'd been living behind the protection of the packs guards and the Alpha and Beta to the point that she'd never had to worry about these kinds of things. But now she really was wishing she'd paid closer attention.  

Coming face to face with three of them, whilst trying to keep her friend from dying... was probably not the best way to meet a hunter for the first time.  

"Well, well boys. Looks like we caught ourselves someone special," the largest one standing in the centre of the trio, tipped his head as he spoke to his friends. She felt his dark eyes roaming over her in a sickening way that had her wanting to hide. All three of them were looking at her in the same way as though they were fascinated by her and interested in studying her more. Like she was some kind of test subject at a lab. 

"The names Ronan," the giant in front of her sent her a sardonic smile, "I'm very acquainted with your Alpha. Levi and I go way back. I'm almost offended he didn't tell me about you. Can't say I'm surprised though, he has a habit of keeping secrets." 

As he took a step towards her, she found her back flush against the wall and had both she and Nate trapped in a corner. If she didn't have Nate she would've tried running up those stairs a long time ago, but he's really hurt and she can't leave him here with these monsters. 

Ronan reached out towards her face and she flinched back in fear, but he was quick to grab her face and force her to look at him, "I've been waiting a long time for this moment..." 

She didn't want to speak to the evil man squeezing her jaw, but she wanted to know what was going on. Clearly this was a little more than a chance encounter. These hunters knew that she and Nate were part of Levi's pack and they were using that to draw him here. What for, she didn't know, but she didn't like being used as a pawn.  

"Waiting for what?" she gritted out in pain as the hunter continued to bruise her jaw bones. 

He chuckled and ran a hand down the side of her face making her shudder in disgust. 

"Why I've been waiting for you sweetheart. You must be pretty damn important if one word that you're in trouble and Levi comes running." 

Oh how wrong he was.  

The only reason why Levi was trying to get her and Nate out of this horror house was because they were part of his pack. Sure, he's a jerk - a grade A Jerk - and a two timing hoe, and a cocky asshole but at the end of the day he's still a pretty decent Alpha. Even though he has no idea what her name is, he still would never let anything happen to one of his pack members. He may be a pretty bad person, but he's an okay Alpha.  

"If you think he came here for me, then you hunters are way stupider than I gave you credit for." 

She barely had time to regret what she'd said before the grip on her face turned into a sharp backhand that had her spiralling to the floor from the sheer force behind it, sending both she and Nate down. That hurt like a bitch and laying there on the floor, she realized there was no way she was going to be able to get herself out of this, at least not by force.  

Ronan tugged her up by her arm, but Nate stayed slumped against the wall. Ronan leaned into her face and his alcohol tainted breath hit her hard enough to give her an idea. Bingo. 

"So I take it you like to drink?" She asked weary that if she said the wrong thing she'd be back to him either beating down on her or; her chances of getting her and Nate out of this would be ruined. 

"What's it to you?" Ronan snarled. 

"Well in about a minute, give or take, my Alpha is going to come find me here being threatened by you and most likely kill you." 

"What makes you think it won't be the other way around?" 

"You're clearly drunk and in no position to take on two-hundred and fifty pound, pissed off Alpha, so I'm going to offer you a proposition. This way I can promise you my Alpha won't harm one hair on your entire body." 

He frowned and she couldn't tell if he was annoyed or intrigued, "Go on." 

"Beer pong," she stated, "If I win, you hand me and my friend over to our Alpha - no trouble. And he won't tear you up into tiny little pieces." 

"If I win?" 

She took in a deep breath to keep her hands from shaking, "You can do whatever you want to me and Levi won't stop you." 

Ronan smiled, "You make a good deal sweetheart but I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline your offer. You see I don't make bets with people of your kind." 

And cue the smack talk she'd picked up from Elle.  

"Is that code for I'm scared of being beaten by a werewolf? Who's a girl?!" 

Ronan's grip on her arm tightened painfully and she concentrated on keeping her gaze firm and not yelping in pain. If there was one thing about pigheaded boys like this, werewolf or not, they hated the idea of losing to a girl. Sexist, but true. 

"No one challenges me and loses dog!" He yelled like some type of caveman trying to boost up his ego. 

"Then I guess you've got nothing to be afraid of." 

Ronan was silent as he started thinking over her proposition, but she could literally feel Levi getting closer and ruining her escape plan. 

"Times ticking Ronan," she baited, "I can feel my Alpha getting closer, and closer, and clo-" 

"Enough!" Ronan snapped and turned to his buddies as he instructed, "If little doggy here wants to play then we'll play." 

***  

Too say she was out of practice was a huge understatement, considering she'd put aside the game when she discovered playing with soda was not nearly as fun. But lucky for her, she was a legend when it came to beer pong as she and Elle dominated the game. She knew how to play and more importantly how to win.  

Using another straight shot she landed the ball in another one of Ronan's remaining three cups and watched as the hunter glared at her before knocking back the drink. She was hoping by at now he'd be missing a lot more shots, but this guy could definitely handle his alcohol and Jane was getting a little worried.  

The sound of a hollow cup banging back on the table had Jane a little worried and she knew she'd have to up her game as Ronan sunk another cup. She had ten to begin with and was no down to five. Usually she played with Elle and never drunk this much by herself. 

"Prepare to be handing yourself over to me he sweetheart," he slurred as he watched her. 

Picking out the ball she dumped it in the water cup before she placed the rim of the cup on her lips and downed the quarter cup of beer that she'd insisted on. Setting the cup down, she leaned forward to pick up the ball and noticed Ronan's eyes following her every move. His gaze centred particularly on her chest.  

She was never the one who ditched her clothes during the match as that was normally Elle, but she felt that if it was going to help her win then why not do it?  

"Is it just me, or is it really hot in here?" She teasingly asked toying with the hem of her t-shirt. One thing she missed about the alcohol, massive confidence boost. 

She didn't miss Ronan's eyes dart down to her belly button as she slowly moved the shirt up higher before picking up the ball and getting ready to aim. But just as she'd hoped the Hunter before her was intoxicated and transfixed by her little secret. 

"Wouldn't peg you to be the type to have a belly piercing." He stated as she sunk another one of his cups, leaving him with one. The sound of the plop, drew him out of his trance and he snarled at her.  

She innocently shrugged and couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face when he missed and the ball landed on the floor. Bending down she made a show of jiggling her assets, hearing Ronan mutter a curse. 

Oh yeah, she has this in the bag. 

Turning around she prepared to do another straight shot into his remaining cup but her arm threw out at the last second when she caught Ronan standing there shirtless. Not going to lie, he was pretty toned for a hunter and she was pretty tipsy. Too tipsy to be ignoring the fact that he was hunter. Because he looked really good without a shirt on.  

She was so close to getting her and Nate out safely, but missed on the last second. She frowned as Ronan sunk another shot and she now only had three cups to go and she was seeing doubles of him.  

She smiled seductively as she slurred, "Nice tatt."  

She gestured to what she'd discovered was the Hunters symbol over his right peck and he shot her a smirk. She tried to steady her vision, but it was no use. The seventh cup was taking its hold on her and she missed again. 

Ronan chuckled as he picked up the ball from the floor and she knew that if she had one more drink she'd be done for. With an annoyed sigh she ditched her t-shirt and was happy to see the ball land straight in her hand, avoiding her from drinking another cup.  

"You play dirty," Ronan stated as she lined up for a bounce shot. And she shrugged, ignoring him as she made sure to get the ball in the final cup and just as she let it fly free from her hands the door to the private room Ronan had secured them in flew open. 

Low and behold the mighty Alpha, flanked by four of the packs guards wearing a look that was equally pissed and confused. There was silence in the room aside from the tell-tale plopping sound that announced her victory and tearing her gaze away from her mate she smiled with satisfaction and turned to an angry Ronan.  

"Well, can't say it's been a pleasure but I've won and I'm going to take my friend and my Alpha and we're going to go." 

She threw her shirt and jacket over her shoulders before she heard Levi let loose a low growl that seemed to shake the whole room. The look that he was sending Ronan had Jane actually feeling kind of bad for the guy. After all she did promise the hunter that Levi wouldn't harm him. Subtly sliding in front of Levi, she nearly fell onto him but he shot out his arms and stopped her at the last second.  

Never actually having touched him before she was shocked at the tingling sensation that ran through her upper arms where his hold on her was. The skin on skin contact had her already buzzed body humming with a new energy that made her want to latch onto him and get closer. She couldn't help that catchy little One Republic lyric that ran through her mind; I feel something so right, by doing the wrong the thing. 

Taking a step back she broke the contact just as Levi demanded, "What the hell is going on?!" 

Her head was feeling really funny and out of the corner of her eye she could see Nate barley holding out. 

"I'll explain later," she slurred out, "but, we need to get Nate to the hospital and I need to... to..." 

Jane frowned as she struggled to remember what exactly it was she needed to do and almost lost her train of thought as Ronan shouted at them, "We had a deal little dog! You win and you take your friend back to your Alpha no trouble." 

"Oh right!" Jane nodded suddenly pulling on Levi's arm and tugging him out of the room, watching to make sure one of the other guys picked up Nate before she blindly led Levi through a maze of corridors and halls.  

"You don't know where you're going do you?"  

She laughed, continuing to trudge through the halls but then stopped and turned to look at him shaking her head, "No. No I do not." 

Another one of his heartbreaking smirks lit up his face, "You're a surprising little thing." 

She jabbed a finger into his solid chest, "Hey. Don't call me little just because I'm vertically challenged." 

He chuckled and slowly wrapped his hand around hers sending more skin tingling sensations through her. The feeling felt almost euphoric and she decided that the feeling of his skin on hers was amazing- but even drunk she was aware of reality. 

Levi not only didn't want her, but he was also engaged and cheating on his fiancée.  

She snapped her hand away and took a healthy step backwards, "You know, you can go now. As you clearly just saw I had this whole, hunter situation under control." 

"I noticed."  

She narrowed her eyes at him, "Then you may have also noticed that I can handle myself and I don't need your help." 

He seemed to be thinking about what she'd said and trying not to laugh as he mused, "Well that's debatable, seeing as though you've been abandoned here." 

She wasn't entirely sure she understood what he'd just told her, surely she'd misheard him. Elle would never leave her abandoned at a frat house full of 'dangerous' hunters with an injured Nate, "Come again?" 

The cocky grin that he wore made her want to slap him to hell and back.  

"Elle and Mike got into a fight and she was so upset she stormed out of here without evening sparing a second thought about you. Mike left to chase after her and the guards that I'd come here with probably left to take Nate to the hospital - and he'll be fine by the way. I would say we could catch up with them but you've been dragging me around in circles for at least twenty minutes and they'd be long gone. Plus we're about an hour or more away from the dorms." 

Left almost speechless she had only three words to say to that arrogant jerk. 

"I hate you." 

The stupid bastard just shrugged as though he couldn't care less, "I know." 

As he stormed past her, without waiting to see if she'd followed, she contemplated over several different ways to kill him choosing the most torturous to store away in her mind for later. She'd almost entertained the idea of walking out in this cold weather but she honestly had zero idea of where she was. The only thing she did know was that this would be one interesting car ride.  

~*~

Authors Note
Any thoughts on whether or not I should upload a cast?
To be honest I only ever really thought about it now, but comment below if you think I should have a cast or who you envision playing who. Vote if you liked this chapter and comment :)
Jasmine

Next Update: 450 Votes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4M 683K 71
Sample Manuscript- 70% Published : Decemeber 11th 2016 Scarlett has faced the rejection of her mate and come out the other side a little less naive...
19M 595K 55
"I, Alpha Asher Reed, reject you as my mate and Luna." He didn't blink. He didn't show a spark of remorse. He just walked away. *********************...
115K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
1.1M 30.3K 55
"No no no no this can't be happening!" I say. "Dude chill, what's wrong?" asked Ben. "No she can't be why her, out of every girl there is of course...