Serendipity ( Kim Taehyung)

By taestuIip

"Serendipity is subjective. Not necessarily big things, small things too. Like finding a place to sit amidst... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56 : Serendipity
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue - Part 1
Epilogue - Part 2
Epilogue - Part 3
Epilogue - Part 4
Epilogue - FINALE
NOTICE : NEW BOOK

Chapter 15

2.8K 145 47
By taestuIip

"Why are you so stubborn when it comes to this?"

Haru controls her voice, not wanting to unintentionally burst at Jiwoo. She forced Jiwoo to sleep over her house that night, wanting to sort things out. After the incident at her house last two weeks, they have not gotten any spare time to properly resolve the issue. But tonight, Haru wanted to set things straight and talk about it again with her.

"I can't", Jiwoo sighs as she curls herself on the big couch, wrapping her hands around her knees. "I am scared, Haru, I truly am"

"But you need to stop this"

"I know", she looks down, unable to meet Haru's upset eyes. "I talked to my mom about this that night, but she is scared. My father has connections—power—everything. People has no idea about this side of him. My mother is scared people would assume she is stirring up rumours about my father instead"

Haru puts the mug she was holding on the coffee table and moves closer to her friend. She looks at her, regretful eyes taking in the timidness of her friend's appearance seated on her big couch. She understands the fear Jiwoo and her mother have about the whole situation, but she had enough. This outrageous episodes of her father lashing on them while he puts an act by looking respectable in the public eye needs to come an end. It needs to stop right now.

"Jiwoo", she takes her hands. "Please, you need to do something. Convince your mom. Do it for your sake and hers too"

"Haru", she sobs a little as her voice shakes. "I really want my mother to do something"

"I know you do"

"Should I try again?", her eyes teary as she breathes in deeply. "Convincing her?"

"Bae Jiwoo, listen to me", Haru speaks firmly this time. "I know you have tried your best to convince about this to your mom. But you know, Mister Kim's friend has done a background check remember? He has a record. I think he knows what to do and he can help your mom. He can help your family. Please, promise me you do whatever it takes to report your father"

Jiwoo stays quiet, holding in her tears.

"I know you have tried a lot of things. But do not stop trying. Your dad deserves to be punished for all the things he has done to you and your mother. Your mom needs to find the best lawyer that will support her, the best one she can ever fine. I know your mother can. She is strong. But you need to convince her to do so. Being afraid of getting your rights means losing your chances to live better. Do it. For you, for your mother, and for me."

-

2 WEEKS LATER

Swamped with endless deadlines, juggling between one subject and another, losing sleep and depending on endless cups of coffee, Haru and Jiwoo can barely breathe by the end of the submission week. It has been so tough on them, not even getting a good night sleep as they finish up the remaining works to be submitted. When they are finally done, they reward themselves by doing nothing but eating and watching movies at Haru's house.

"Did your mom say anything?"

Jiwoo turns to her friend, seeing the look of hope in her eyes. Haru has been bugging and pushing her to convince her mother to take this matter to the authorities and actually fight for their rights. She understands Haru wants nothing but for her to be happy. She hopes to give her a peace of mind soon too.

"Remember I told you my mother planned to contact her friend? A divorce lawyer? She finally met her and I think she is progressing. She texted me a few minutes ago about it—"

"AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME!??", Haru abruptly sits up straight, reaching for the remote-control pressing pause before she throws it away. "AND THEN WHAT DID—WHAT HAPPE—"

"Calm down oh my god", Jiwoo titters earnestly, catching her friend's hands holding her still. "I know this is a slow start, but my mother is trying. I am trying. We are"

Jiwoo swallows slowly as her eyes flutter, holding in the tears as she looks down. It has been tough for her and her mother, fighting all their doubts that held them in the dark. She understood her mother's fear thus she never really pushed this matter. Her mother has such a fragile heart, so kind and so loving. She is the person that would never hurt a fly. Jiwoo understands her more than anyone else. It pains her to see the sufferings of the woman who has loved her so dearly and earnestly.

A little part of her regretted for not doing something earlier. She was not sure what held her for actually standing up for her and her mother and do something. It could be the denial of accepting her family is breaking up, or it could be her not wanting to fight the unseen fears.

"Jiwoo", Haru's soft voice made her look up. "You are doing great"

"Haru, I wouldn't have the bravery to do all this without you. Do you know that?"

"I do"

"I am sorry for not being with you—I didn't even—I mean, I haven't really paid attention to you and your problems. I am sorry. I know you are in a lot of pain too", Jiwoo tightens her grips on Haru's hands. "But you know I am here for you, always, right?"

"Don't be dramatic", Haru suddenly flicked her forehead. "You are here with is more than enough. Don't pull that card on me or I will hit you"

Jiwoo gently rubs her forehead, frowning at her friend as she shifts on the couch. "One day I will definitely kick you ass out of the windows"

"You love me too much to do that", Haru gave her a mischievous wink as she turns to look at the big flat screen again. "Let's order some chicken and—"

"What's with you and Mister Kim?"

"What's with him?", she did not even turn to her friend, focusing on choosing another movie to watch.

"So, are you going to pretend that you have not been avoiding him since that night?"

-

Taehyung sits at his usual place, laptop on the table, a black pen in one hand and a few books at the sides. He has been focusing on Madam Choi's lecture for the past one hour, taking the chance to learn from her while he observes the class. He likes her lecture very much, loving the way she is able to explain the most complex statement or theory in such simpler ways. His observation for the past few weeks has shown him enough how all the students in that big lecture hall truly enjoy her classes.

He loves the class too, very much. The students have been so respectful of him, always bowing and smiling to him whenever they bump into each other. He appreciates those gesture very much.

Letting out a soft sigh, he looks up from his laptop and glances at that one direction his eyes has been turning to for the past one hour. Well, he has indeed been focusing on Madam Choi but somehow, he keeps on looking at the girl seated two rows in front of him.

Of course, the girl is none other than Seo Haru.

He tried not to look at her, really forced himself to look up front but it feels impossible now. It feels like his eyes search for her whenever he looks away from his laptop. It is like a reflex, something he has no control of. His eyes would always, without fail, find her first. Alas, he gave up and stops fighting the urge to not look at her.

Whenever he looks at her, he is reminded about everything he has learned about her. He had checked her previous semesters results and was left in pure astonishment to see her at the top of her batch every semester. There is no denial, Haru is intelligent and hardworking. Every lecturer talks about nothing but good things of her. He even got the chance to see her recommendation letter from the company she did her first internship previous semester. He was completely blown away at the amount of credits she has received for her almost perfect work ethics and dedication.

But beside her outstanding performance in her studies that has completely fazed him, there is something else too. No matter how many times he has denied this in his head, or how many times he has pretended the feeling is non-existent—it is useless. He is clearly attracted towards her. He is undeniably drawn to her, completely swoon by her demeanour and oddly enchanted by her presence.

There is a voice inside his head that says, "Get closer to her" and he almost wanted to do so. But not until he remembers the existence of the pale guy with the gummy smile that made her laugh that night.

He might have no chance at all

~~~~

NOTE

Hello everyone! Here is a quick update for today! I am tryinggg my very best to write regularly and update as frequent as I can~ Thank you so much for always taking your time reading this and also commenting on my updates. I really appreciate them!

I hope this chapter is good and enjoyable~ Thank you, love youuuuu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

610K 15.6K 31
You are my drug. One touch and the intoxication is instant. Whatever you want to do is what we'll do and there isn't a thing I can do to stop you...
264K 12.2K 68
*SEQUEL TO 'SERENDIPITY?'* *READ SERENDIPITY FIRST* Happy endings? They're a cliché. But we're still suckers for happy endings... After being with J...
186K 6.1K 19
You never knew that loving seven people would be so hard, but you also never thought that seven people would turn your life upside down. . . #1 in 방탄...
28.1K 1.1K 25
**Bangtan Boys Series Book 2 of 7** What happens when you meet someone from your past? Someone who you had feelings for. What if destiny brought you...