Death and Destruction (Jeff t...

By unholy_hellboy

(Sequel to Murder and Mutilation) The last time I saw you, it was warm and there was rain on the horizon. Sil... More

1. Solace
2. New Mexico
3. Chance encounter
4. Mini-monster
5. Threats
6. Scare tactics
7. Long gone
8. Dark arts
9. Lighter
10. Operator
11. Rekindling an old flame
12. Reunion
13. Snow
15. Birthday
16. Up in smoke
17. Brothers
18. Expiration date
19. Hit and run
20. Five course meal
21. Break
22. Losing the upper hand
23. Bad timing
24. Jawbreaker
25. Teeth
26. Tick tock
27. Smile, beautiful
28. Escape
29. Betrayal
30. Time's up
31. Fair trade
32. No more regrets
33. Starry night
34. Clean as a whistle
35. Sleepwalk
36. Giving chances
37. Closing a chapter
38. Shit list
39. Hate and malice
40. A fresh start

14. Home sweet home

11 1 0
By unholy_hellboy

Kitty

Y'know, I thought I was pretty damn smart.

I tried to stay in the same place as long as possible through the months but we always ended back at Liu's place in Colorado, Ann being a doll of a gal and welcoming me with open arms. I felt a little bad for her, she was infatuated with Liu and the only thing he really seemed to have his eyes set on was killing his brother. There were quite a few nights I heard them talking, Ann desperately trying to convince Liu he wasn't worth chasing, but there was a want for revenge in his body that even I couldn't understand. He didn't know the meaning of forgive and forget, or at least, know when to let things lie.

Most of the time we ended up staying somewhere for an extended period of time was because of me. The moment he wasn't looking I'd run off like some bratty child and make as much mischief as possible. Not everyone knew my name yet and I'd come back with new tattoos, or better yet, covered in blood. He didn't want me killing while we were doing this but there's no way Jeff would have anything to track otherwise. The present I'd delivered to Nina was a result of months of meticulous planning and I made sure not to leave a body behind there, I didn't want the police crawling anywhere near my cousin. Liu just scolded me like an insolent child when I finally came back to Oklahoma in a stolen car before we went home to Colorado.

The day I saw the bodies in Santa Fe I knew they'd been on the right path. I revealed my grandiose scheme to Liu and Ann to get the two of them back to Silver Cove and Ann thought it was brilliant; Liu on the other hand had no faith Jeff would ever return to the town. It was all I could do just to raise an eyebrow at him and ask him if he really thought I was that stupid. Well, turns out I wasn't, and here I was waking up in the arms I'd missed ever since I left.

It had to have been early still as fresh November sunlight beamed through the window while I shifted, turning to find Jeff still out cold, his right arm was wrapped tightly around my body. I took the time to trace his jaw, running my thumb over his scars before I ran my hand down his arm. I'd been absolutely amazed he actually went and got his own tattoos and while they hadn't been something I initially imagined, I thought they were perfect all the same. His shirt was soft and I nestled my head into his chest to listen to his heartbeat, the rhythm soothing as I gripped his shirt in white knuckles hands.

"Snow...?"

A gravelly tone laced his hopeful whisper, absolute music to my ears while I lifted his sleeping mask. Jeff smiled and pinned me to his chest while I squeezed him back just as hard, his hand cradling the back of my head while he pressed his lips to my forehead over and over again. Gentle wasn't typically a word I'd use to describe him but this wasn't entirely different than how I remembered our last night together. I didn't want to be treated gently or like I was fragile but the great care in his movements wasn't something I was going to take for granted, not after I'd spent so long without him.

"I'm here," I whispered, kissing him hard before he sighed against my lips, "I promise."

"I swear I'm never letting you out of my sight again," he chuckled, "oh, and happy birthday, by the way."

"Best birthday present ever," I giggled under my breath as I rested my forehead against his.

Chelsea stirred in the blankets above us and I looked over, spotting her arm hanging over the edge while I figured Thomas had passed out in the front room. We'd polished off the bottle all to ourselves and I owed Delilah a new one for the best night of my life so far. It almost felt like old times again and I nestled myself into his grasp for a few more moments before I sat up and stretched, my shoulders popping while he traced my spine. He ran his hand through my hair and I realized just how long it had been since I cut it.

"I'm going to go poke the bear, force him to make me some coffee," I announced as he pulled his mask back down.

"Give me ten and I'll be out there."

His hand ran down and squeeze my butt before I slapped it away, taking joy in his devilish snicker before I walked down the hall and out to the living room. Delilah was long gone for the day, back to her day job outside of her witchy ways and Thomas was still fast asleep on the couch, a blanket draped over his back while his face was buried in one of the pillows. The last time I'd seen him he was terrified, shaking like a chihuahua and his whole world had been falling in around him. I got to see him and Jeff fighting like brothers over video games last night though and it made me so, so hopeful.

"Hey alien boy," I said quietly as I sat down in front of his face, his head lifting so that he could look at me, "how's your head feeling?"

"Better than I thought," he sniffed hard, blinking his empty sockets as he smiled warmly, "Chelsea still out cold?"

"Sleeping like a rock," I chuckled, "I'm glad you and her talked things out. She looks a lot better than when I last saw her."

"I'll admit it took a little bit of convincing," he grumbled as he hoisted himself up, "Kitty...I'm so sorry—"

"Can it," I held a hand up and he looked surprised as I smiled, "you made amends with the person you hurt the most in all this and it definitely wasn't me. Yeah, you might've given me some brain damage, but I forgave you for that the night we left. You proved last night you were serious about what you said. I'm real proud of you."

Mixed emotions filled his expression as I got to my feet, brushing off my leggings and offering him a hand before he stood to join me. Thomas pulled me into a hug and I set my head on his shoulder, glad that after all this time the whispers weren't screaming at me anymore to gut him. Thomas was no longer a threat and it assured me even further that I'd made the right choice, placing my faith in him.

"You owe me coffee though, with cream and sugar."

"I almost forgot how much of a bitch you are in the morning," he tipped his head back to howl and I stomped on his foot, watching him hop around for a second while he swore at me and I crossed my arms in triumph. Thomas flipped me off but there was a soft smile on his face that told me all the bad blood between us was finally said and done.

Jeff did finally emerge after I'd gotten my coffee and I sipped at it with a smug upturn of my lips, watching him shove Thomas out of the way before he flipped him off, a snicker on both their faces while Jeff got his own cup and sat down with me at the counter. Chelsea came out a few minutes later wearing a pair of my leggings and the sweater she'd had last night, her hair stuck up and fuzzy while she rubbed at her eyes. Thomas's face softened and I realized there might've been more between them than I initially thought; I raised an eyebrow to Jeff as I nodded at them and he shrugged.

"Oh, we need to make a stop today," he said suddenly as he reached up to tie his hair back, "I promised someone I'd visit once we had you back home."

"Speaking of promises, we also promised someone else we'd give her a call once we found Kitty," Thomas suggested and the man next to me made a noise of agreement as he pulled out something I never thought I'd see again.

"Holy shit, is that my old phone?" I laughed, taking it as he handed it over. My fingerprint still read easily and instead of the usual background of pictures with friends it had been changed to a photo of myself, my makeup done and my smile wide as I flashed a peace sign at the camera. He'd changed it to see me while he had it. My heart shuddered in my chest before I realized there was something going on around me.

"—let me get the number," Chelsea agreed to something before I handed her my phone and I listened to the ringtone as Thomas moved to stand with us while the line buzzed.

"Um, hello?" I recognized her voice instantly and tears pricked the corners of my eyes.

"Nina?!" I smiled wide as I listened to the tiny gasp on the other end of the line.

"Kitty?!" She squealed incredulously, "oh my God, they did it! Tom and Jeff found you!"

"They did, thank you for helping me get the message through," I wiped at my face while I listened to her, "I miss you so much Nina-Bean, how are you?"

"I'm at school right now actually, but it's lunch so I can talk," she explained, "can I video call you?"

"Sure, why the hell not."

I propped the phone up against my mug as I flipped it on its side, Nina's face appearing suddenly as the four of us crowded in to see her. She was still wearing that bright red bow and she looked a little older, her face slimmed out, just a touch. She clutched a hand over her mouth as we all grinned and waved at her, her brilliant blue eyes absolutely sparkling. She snapped to the side though and waved someone over, Chris entering the frame before he sat down next to her with a smile.

"Holy crap, Kitty?!"

"The one and only," I chimed with a massive grin, "I take it my boys made it there just fine."

"Just fine and then some," Nina cackled as she handed Chris an earbud, "you look so good! I was so worried you were homeless out on the streets or something."

"No, Liu was with me the whole time, but watching me is like trying to herd cats. It doesn't work."

"Obviously," Nina giggled, "happy birthday! I'm so glad I can finally thank you for the presents you left me, I wear the dress every chance I get."

"I figured you'd like it with the weather down there. Is that cunt Claudia still bothering you?"

"No, Jeff and Tom took care of that one," Chris laughed to himself, "hey Neens, the bell's about to ring."

"Dammit, okay," she sighed, "I'm so happy to finally see all of you. Come back down here soon please, I'm desperate for any type of action."

"We'll make it top priority to come visit as soon as we can," Jeff reassured her, "remember what I told you?"

"Always keep my knife on me, never be afraid to fight dirty, and don't let any nasty bitch walk over me like a doormat."

"That's my mini-monster. We'll call you soon, this is Chelsea's number so save it, okay?"

"I will," she choked up as she smiled at me again, "I love you so much Kitty. I listened to your voicemail every day for months after you disappeared. Leave some more for me, will you?"

"I will. I love you too Nina."

I let out a deep breath as the call ended, holding my hand over my heart as it slammed against my ribs. I listened to your voicemail every day for months. Everything in me wanted to scream hallelujah to the horizons but a tear rolled down my cheek instead before I finally broke down. Everyone I'd tried so desperately to protect was still here, still waiting for me. Jeff said my name in a panic and I laughed, Chelsea's arms wrapping around my shoulders while I held onto her as tight as I could while I sobbed like a baby. Everything was finally hitting me and I was so goddamned happy.

"I'm never leaving you behind again," I finally choked out, my smile hurting my face while I grinned, "I'm so happy to be home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

944 41 20
"Oh, you don't need to find her. She'll find you." "Are you done eye-fucking me?" - He asked with that smirk on his face. I looked him in the eyes an...
22.9K 889 28
Proxies X Fem Reader ~~~ Oh blood, oh blood Why must you bleed? Oh blood, oh blood Why must I feast? Oh blood, oh blood, Why can I never find an...
69 37 22
//COMPLETED// // A JEFF THE KILLER LOVE STORY// Not everybody's ancestors are good nor bad. However, Kristen's family have been nothing but evil. Her...
792K 15.5K 44
Because psycho murderers would make great parents, don't ya think?! This isn't just for a female reader, but He/She. Here are the Creepypastas I've w...