3000 Nights

Da LiteraryMusician

▪▪▪ They spent 3000 nights watching each other from afar. Both plagued by a sense of longing towards the oth... Altro

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
••EPILOGUE••

8

5.1K 241 9
Da LiteraryMusician

3,646

I bolted out of the club pissed as fůck.

Like who the hęll did he think he was?!

Touching me like that!?

What a little shīt.

I always hated Dom Larson, but now.

Ugh he was such an egotistical stuck up dīckwad.

I seriosuly want to rip his head off.

Like why would I EVER want to touch him, or dance with him or be near him!?

He's never been nice to me.

All my life. That little prïck has made fun of me for being "weird" all my life.

I hated him.

Everytime I thought of him running his hands over my body...

It made me want to puke.

Ugh. Yuck.

I stompped off towards the road.

Belle and Mia were lost to the music and alcohol inside.

I on the other hand, was not having a good time. Even with the alcohol making my body buzz with energy, I still was having a miserable time. 

I didn't want any of those stupid, greasy, ugly, sickening guys in there. They were all so gross.

I wasn't interested in any of them. I had nothing in common with a single soul in there. Except maybe my two friends, and even that was pushing it.

All any of those guys wanted to do was fůck whoever they could get their grubby hands on.

They didn't want to get to know me. Or understand me. They didn't care about my interests, hobbies or dreams.

So what was the point?

Dance and rub against people you have no care for you?

No thanks.

I started off towards the road leaving behind my friends, and inevitably; my ride home.

I spotted my wolf in the woods beside the road. I scoffed.

"Oh, of course! Of fùckingcourse you are here. Why wouldn't my great and powerful wolf be here to save the dayy." I slurred towards him.

"Yup, of corse, my stalker wolf follows me here, and waits for me in the woods to SAVE THE DAY!!!! WOOOO!" I scream sarcastically.

I bowed down, almoat falling over, in a mockingly respectful gesture.

"Thank you kind sir. For saving me. My hero, rescuing me in distress." I rolled my eyes, annoyed at him for following him.

He seemed to roll his eyes, but that was impossible. He was a wolf. But then he barked at me, in a sort of sarcastic laughing manner.

"OH. He speaks! Thank you for gracing me with your words!" I said.

I started to stomp towards to road back the way I came, and in the direction of home.

I grumbled under my breath about nothing in particular and then almost tripped over my feet.

I could feel him following me, so I turned and glared at him. 

"What are you doing Wolf?" I asked. "Why do you keep following me?" I continued down the road towards home.

I kept tripping over things in the road. UGH.

Walking in high heels sucks. I don't even know why I wore them tonight.

My wolf grumbled loudly and nudged my leg with his nose.

When his body connected with mine it sent electric sparks through me, warmth coursing through my veins. I jumped in surprise. I know he must have felt it too, because he jumped like it did.

"WHAT!?" I spat at him, upset at the feeling I felt when he touched me.

He growled. He must of not liked the tone of my voice. Opps. Don't want to pissed off Mr. Wolfy.

I watched him as he jumped on his hind legs up to my hight, which was crazy. He was a wolf and was almost the same size as me when he stood on his back legs.

I almost cowered in fear, but he was my wolf. I knew how big he was, and also knew he'd never hurt me.

***

826

I was 10. I was riding my bike through the trails behind my elementary school. I was heading home from a day of fun with Belle and Mia.

It was cold and getting dark. The wet ground would probably freeze overnight.

I sped up my pedaling so I could jump over the large tree root that was in the ground a few yards ahead.

I made this jump every time.

It was a ledge that had a tree root growing over it. The jump down was about 3 feet.

Nothing major. Easy peasy.

I sped up and braced myself for the jump.

I pictured the way the tires would hit the tree and jump over it.

Except they hit the root all wrong.

My handlebars twisted and my hands flew up in confusion.

I went flying over the tree root and down over the ledge.

I landed in a twisted mess in the dirt below.

Arghhhh.

Ahhhhh.

Owwwwww. I cried.

I heard a howl close by, followed by the barks of his pack.

I knew it was him. I had memorized his voice by now.

Ahhh. Urgghhh. My ankle.

Owwwww. It really hurt.

I looked down at my legs and saw my ankle twisted slightly and it looked like it was swelling up.

Great. I'll never make it home like this. Especially with my bike looking all crushed also.

And it's getting dark. I should be home getting ready to go sit on my attic balcony to see him.

Not sitting here crying in the woods with a broken ankle.

I knew it must me messed up because I could barely move it.

I tried to stand but it was almost no use.

I heard a bark from behind me.

He was there warning me to not get up.

He came closer to me and clamped his jaw onto the back of my jacket. 

He gently swung me onto his back so I was laying with my stomach against his back and my face pressed against the fur of his neck.

Mmmm. He smelt so good. Wrapping my arms around his neck felt so good. Like I was where I belonged. Home.

This was a rare event where I got to inhale his woodsy pine scented fur.

He barked again and turned back to one of his pack members.

I saw that the other wolf, a wolf colored of golden caramel, almost as big as my wolf; but not quite. This wolf had my bike in his mouth and was following behind my wolf and I.

He took me all the way back home and brought me up to my front porch. He howled at the door.

I remember my mom come running to the front and ripping the door open.

She gasped in shock at the fact that I was stationed on the back of a ginormous wolf.

"Mom I think I broke my ankle. I was riding home and didn't land the jump right. But I always land that jump right. I don't know what went wrong. I must have hit a small patch of ice or something." I was still kind of crying.

"Honey oh my god, it'll be okay, we'll go see see a doctor. But why is that wolf carrying you?" She asked.

"Well, I was screaming and crying and he came, and saved me. And his other friend brought my bike." I said.

My wolf carefully bent down closer to the ground and my mom helped get me off his back.

"Wow. Thank you? Yes, thank you wolf." My mom said as she picked me up from the floor of the porch.

I leaned in closer to my wolf, and whispered into his ear. "Thank you for saving me."

I felt the small fluttering I always felt when I was close to him. And I heard him make a pleased hmmmm noise.

He and his friend turned from the front of my house and walked back towards the woods.

I remember my mom saying how lucky I was that the wolves that lived in the woods behind us were smart enough to know me, and know I was hurt, and lucky they didn't view me as food and that they brought me home.

I thought it was something more than luck....

***

He gently grabbed the back my dress with his mouth and manouvered me onto my back like he did so many years ago.

My body jumped with the fire of his body colliding with mine.

Ugh. Why did he make these feelings rise up in me!? He's an animal!

"WHAT THE FÙCK WOLF!!?? What is this? I'm supposed to just ride on your back now? This is retarted. Ugh." I scoffed at him.

His chest rumbled with a growl, and then he barked as if saying "yes" to my question.

"Just because I'm having a terrible birthday, doesn't mean you can just come and swoop me up to save the day dàmnit. Like, I have a fúcking life, okay? I mean I was having a great time until that idiot that was grinding up behind me and tried touching me like that. What gave that dumb ass Dom, think he could try to touch me all over? Ugh it was just gross. He was gross. And smelly. Why do boys have to be so disgusting? Huh? And smell? Shít like your a wolf and you don't smell. Actualy you smell quite good..." I was rambling, so I decided to stop talking.

I bent my face down to the back of his neck to inhale him. I shivered with the closeness of  his touch.

I was so caught up on his wonderful scent and the soft fur behind his ears at the base of his neck and the butterflies fluttering in my tummy, I didn't notice he was growling loudly and had turned around heading in the opposite direction of home.

I finally felt his chest and body rumbling with his growl. My body reacted to the sound he was making underneath me, sending vibrations through every nerve, every tendon. His musical sound also sent my emotions flying in all different directions.

It was a deep feeling that evoked something I was so unfamiliar with because I never felt it around anyone else.

But, familiar beacuse I had felt like this around him for 10 years.

His growl erupted through me and ripped at the edges of my soul, calling me to him.

I felt it his sound everywhere. It consumed me. I gripped him tighter. Running my fingers through his fur. Feeling how each section felt different under my hands.

If it weren't for our connection, I would have screamed in horror at the power this wolf exudes. Ran away from the anger, chaos and madness rolling off him in waves, right now.

And just as his howl consumed me every night, when he sang to the moon right before dawn, his growl was consuming me right now as he continued loudly and walking in the wrong direction.

"Wolf? Mr. Wolf? Hello?" I tappd his shoulder and leaned down closer.

"What are you doing? Why did you turn around? Where are you going? Why did you turn around?!!?" I started demanding.

He continued growling and heading back the way we came.

Although I was annoyed; the sound he released had me vibrating with excitement.

I had to focus. The alcohol was blurring my mind.

"Hellllooooooo??? Mr. Wolf???? Were are you going!!!?? You're going the wrong way!! This is not the direction of home!! I demand you turn around right now!!" I started pulling at the fur behind his neck.

He growled at my attempts to steer him around by pulling his pelt.

"Don't you growl at me! Your the one who threw me on your back and started taking me home, and now you're going the wrong way!! Turn around or I am going to jump off and you'll have to catch me." I stated. I preceded to tug on his fur. I think I got my point across because he started to turn around back in the directing of home.

"Geez, thank you, for finally turning around. I mean what got you all upset and grumbly? Can you even understand me? Like this is crazy you know? Why'd you start growling before when I was talking about what happened at the club?" I asked.

He snarled loudly, making me almost fall off his back in surprise at the sound.

"Well, whatever, I can't sit here trying to decipher your growls and grumbles and snarls all night. So I'll just pretend you're just a regular wolf who doesn't actually maybe understand me."

He whimpered. I knew he wasn't just a regular wolf. But I didn't want to admit I was crazy, I couldnt admit to thinking a wolf could actually understand me!

I sighed. "Yeah, I know you're not just a regular wolf, but let me pretend so I don't feel like I'm going crazy." I admited it to only him as I rested my head down on his  shoulder, breathing in and out deeply, trying to relax and enjoy the ride I was forced to take home.

We continued our short journey in silence. We stuck to the woods, because I assume he wanted to avoid being seen by any passing cars or pedestrians, as did I.

I could see the headlines:

"CRAZY GIRL RIDES HOME ON BACK OF WOLF!!"

"WOLF MAULING YOUNG GIRL, TAKES HER INTO THE WOODS ON HIS BACK. WOLF SHOT DEAD ON SITE."

"INSANE WOMAN IN LOVE WITH WOLF, CLAIMS HE UNDERSTANDS HER."

Wait, did I just admit what I think I did? No...

No. That was just the alcohol talking...

Right?

Anyway, I wanted to avoid those headlines probably just as much as he wanted to avoid being shot by some crazy person thinking I was being mauled by a wolf.

When he got to the edge of my property, he went around to the side door where I always entered.

He lowerd his body down so I could get off easier.

"Thank you. Thanks for not listening to me when I said to stay away. And thank you for every other night, not just this one. But for the past 3000 or so. 10 years is a long time, Wolf. I don't know how it feels for a wolf, but I know how it feels for a human girl. Thank you for always being there. Every night. God, I don't know what I would have done without you, or what I will do if you ever leave." I rushed out, tears stinging my eyes as I finally admitted out loud how important my wolf was to me.

He whined, like he was trying to tell me something. I wrapped my hands around his thick neck and stayed there for a moment.

I inhaled his sappy pine flavored scent, something I so rarely got to do, savoring every bit of the crispy winter aroma that he produced, so I would never forget it.

When I pulled away I looked into his ice blue colored eyes. They were perfect, he was perfect. He was home to me.

My heart started to race for unexplainable reasons, so instead of continuing my moment with my wolf I darted into my house, leaving him in the darkess of the cold winter night.

▪▪▪

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

229K 6.4K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
12.5K 652 11
Connor has always known that he has a true mate out there and that he is male. Even when nobody believed him, he defended his mate. Even when his fat...
154K 4.5K 37
She's the one who timidly hides alone in the back of the library, her nose buried in countless books. He's the one who's surrounded by heaps of fello...
169K 7.8K 31
"Tell me something real about you. Like, where are your parents? Do you have any siblings? Give me something that shows me who the real Kaia Jones is...